Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: stupid ******* referees

Oohhh man was I pissed when they didn't call that face masking against Johnson. It was so blatant and of course they screwed us over. I swear it's like a curse, all ref's hate the Minnesota teams.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Go Tice...

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

zimtwister is offline Coach

is it because randy squirted that one a long time ago? man, they can hold a grudge.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Oohhh man was I pissed when they didn't call that face masking against Johnson. It was so blatant and of course they screwed us over. I swear it's like a curse, all ref's hate the Minnesota teams.
    It was sp ridiculous even the Lions fans that were in the bar that i was watching the game at were commenting about it. when the Lions got a touchdown after that i was like if we lose this game I am completely blaming the refs.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

tice should storm right into the leagues office and start whippin ass. haha.

but yes, those calls were really bad ones. the roughing the passer was one of the worst ever. doesnt really matter though because we still won.
    We're bringing purple back.

Gift is offline Coordinator

this week they were homers for sure. I am starting to worry that the refs are charged to keep games close if possible like they did vs the lions.

"Bowchee" wrote:
    I'm starting to think that it's all mildly rigged.
    like you said.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"That roughing the passer call almost cost us the game, the interception for a TD would have made the game 28 - 9 and the game would have been over." WhackThePack

Exactly. Its BS. The refs have cost us games before (I.E greenbay) Its one thing to throw a flag, its another to throw one for a BS non exsistant penalty.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Syzygy is offline Waterboy

I agree that grabbing Brad's facemask should've been called, and the flags for bumping the guy out of bounds on the punt return and for roughing the passer (negating Williams' interception) were borderline.

BUT...

It was obvious to everyone (except perhaps Curt Menafee and JC Pearson) that during the Lions' final drive the officials did everything they could to help the Lions...

First play of the drive: Forward progress stopped at the 10 or 10.5 yard line? Let's spot it at the 11.

Second play: Stopped at the 16.5, just short of a first down? Let's give them the first down. (At this point I could not believe my eyes, and I replayed these two plays to see if it had really happened that way. It had.)

Three plays later: The officials give the Lions new life with a late-contact call on Dovonte Edwards. Like me, he can't believe it.

Then Garcia, while in the grasp of a tackler, throws a pass that hits the ground right on the line of scrimmage and not near anyone. No call.

When Corey Chavous made that interception at the one-yard line, I truly was surprised that there was no bogus penalty called to erase the interception.

Why all these bad calls and friendly placements? I believe it's a mixture of sympathy for a truly helpless underdog and an official NFL policy to keep games close at the end if at all possible. Further, I think Tice and all the other coaches know about the policy; of course, they'd be fined into bankruptcy -- or worse -- if they alluded to it.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Gift" wrote:
    this week they were homers for sure. I am starting to worry that the refs are charged to keep games close if possible like they did vs the lions.

"Bowchee" wrote:
    I'm starting to think that it's all mildly rigged.
    like you said.
    While they are rigging games, someone needs to tell them to rig up a Vikings Super Bowl victory!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

oh well. We WON!

Go vikes!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast