Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    zimtwister is offline Coach

stupid ******* referees

the worst biased game i have seen. they should be suspended. phantom calls against the vikings. B J gets taken down by a face mask-no call. wtf?
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

SamDawg84 Guest

Re: stupid ******* referees

maybe the refs are on pay roll like the refs on the longest yard.

i would not doubt it. it was horrible.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

From an article I posted from the Star Tribune;

Tice has made a point not to protest questionable calls with NFL officials, but he indicated he might send film of at least two plays to the league office this week:

• A third-quarter call for pass interference against Brian Williams, who was covering receiver Roy Williams. The play set up Jason Hanson's 28-yard field goal.

• A roughing-the-passer penalty in the fourth quarter that erased Brian Williams' 75-yard interception return for a touchdown. Officials called the penalty on tackle Pat Williams, who said he wasn't on the field for the play. Defensive end Darrion Scott said he hit Lions quarterback Jeff Garcia, but replays showed the contact occurred almost immediately after Garcia released the ball.

"I'm very disappointed in the penalties," Tice said. "For the first time all year, I'm going to question some of the calls, and I feel like some were tenuous. But we'll have to look at the tape and evaluate that before we send something in."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

go get them, tice!

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

go Tice go!

As long as it is handled in a classy manner I think something has to be pointed out to the NFL on those calls

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

That roughing the passer call almost cost us the game, the interception for a TD would have made the game 28 - 9 and the game would have been over.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Bowchee is offline Rookie

Here's some stats: Two teams from the same pathetic division. One is bad and the other is improving. The bad team (the Lions) committed 3 penalties for 30 yards which would suggest that the game was being called loosely - the refs are "letting them play". The improving team (the Vikes) committed 11 penalties for 94 yards which would suggest that the refs are calling a tight game - every little infraction. Check the stats on winning teams, and you'll see that they are less penalized - another difference between good and bad teams - their discipline. What the heck?

The roughing the passer call was key as it ended up being a 14 point or at least 7 point swing. The other half of that was the no-call on the incidental face-mask against the Lions in the first quarter when they sacked Johnson. That no-call would have drawn a flag in ANY game with ANY team usually.

Look at the last four games, and you'll see that there are three of these close calls that were made at times that resulted in a huge difference in the game - points scored by the Vikings and/or a possession change that would end the contest. Yes, I am a whiner. I'm just waiting for the game where this happens and we "lose". I'm starting to think that it's all mildly rigged. I'll just keep hoping that the Vikes continue to win despite the calls.
    "Usually the team that scores the most points is going to win it." - John Madden

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

The two plays I saw that were bullcrap was the personal foul on the punt return for blocking the guy out of bounds and the roughing the passer that negated the interception by Williams. I thought they were both really ticky tacky.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

You are right, those two calls almost cost us the game. It really pissed me off. That roughing the passer call was total B.S.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast