Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The ' Stupid ' Award

"singersp" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    COOK get off the team all you do is mess up
    when are we gonna try marcus johnson at tackle, he cant be any worse than cook
    We did for a a year and a half almost, and he was the reason we drafted Cook.
    Johnson's had his chances and performed no better.

Also about Smoot, the onl problem I had with him was he was a nickle corner getting paid like a #1.
    Huh? Cook was a center when we drafted him. I thought we drafted him to back up Birk at center.

They only tried converting him after the right side of O-line sucked last year. I don't think that was the original intent when we drafted him.

If you're looking to draft someone to play G or T, you draft a G or a T, not a C.
    I think he were originally drafted to be able to play at both positions. He has got the build to play the RT with his long range.

However he might have been put in to the starting spot at the T position prematurely because of the bad play at the right side.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:

Also about Smoot, the onl problem I had with him was he was a nickle corner getting paid like a #1.
    Huh? Cook was a center when we drafted him. I thought we drafted him to back up Birk at center.

They only tried converting him after the right side of O-line sucked last year. I don't think that was the original intent when we drafted him.

If you're looking to draft someone to play G or T, you draft a G or a T, not a C.
    I think he were originally drafted to be able to play at both positions. He has got the build to play the RT with his long range.

However he might have been put in to the starting spot at the T position prematurely because of the bad play at the right side.
    He was? He never played that position before. So why would they think that?

Just because he has the build for it, doesn't mean he'll be any good at it. A lot of players have the build for it, but that doesn't mean much if they can't be good at it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    [quote author=tb04512 link=topic=38996.msg659048#msg659048 date=1193020407]

Just because he has the build for it, doesn't mean he'll be any good at it. A lot of players have the build for it, but that doesn't mean much if they can't be good at it.
    [/quote]Because Childress has preached it time and time again.

He thinks that O-line players has to be able to swing around the line. He characterized Cook as a natural knee bender, and felt he could be converted to play both positions.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    [quote author=DustinDupont link=topic=38996.msg659053#msg659053 date=1193020585]

He thinks that O-line players has to be able to swing around the line. He characterized Cook as a natural knee bender, and felt he could be converted to play both positions.
    [/quote]

So far it's looking like he might be wrong..................again!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=38996.msg659151#msg659151 date=1193026189]
    [quote author=DustinDupont link=topic=38996.msg659053#msg659053 date=1193020585]

[/quote]

So far it's looking like he might be wrong..................again!
    [/quote]I'm not talking about that one way or another. This is just what I think the thought process were.

I know back then I were one of the ones that also thought it were the logical move to try him out there. Given that Marcus Johnson never played that well, and Rosenthal not were our answer either.

I always thought it were also strange that we put Marcus out there, he were drafted as a G

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"SharperImage" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    Just give it to Whitaker or Cook every game and save the typing.

Holy stink between those two.

Cant believe that pile of dung whitaker made it again this year.

Childress should be fired on that alone.
    He should simply call it the Whitaker Award & kill two birds with one stone.

Also keep in mind, a lot of people here were in favor of keeping Whitaker over Smoot.

smoot is looking awesome with the redskins..every1 that leaves us does food...Burleson...SMoot...DC..is doing ok..
    I'm assuming by "does food" you mean "does good".

Smoot:
    Season Team
    Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
    G GS Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FUM Lost
    Washington Redskins
    15 15 0 0.0 -- 2 -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- --

Has played in 4 games, has 15 tackles, 2 passes defense and NO PICKS.
    That's awesome?

Burleson:
    Season Team
    Receiving Rushing Fumbles
    G GS Rec Yds Avg Long TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
    Seattle Seahawks
    20 248 12.4 24T 3 1 3 3.0 3 0 1 1
    Seattle Seahawks
    18 192 10.7 36 2 -- -- -- -- -- 2 0
    http://www.nfl.com/players/nateburleson/profile?id=BUR338629

Not good. And certainly not worth the pissy poison-pill contract that the Seahawks gave him.

NEXT.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    And we need corners that can tackle.
    Are you fucking kidding me?
    Antoine Winfield is the best tackling corner in the league and Ced Griffin had several GREAT tackles yesterday.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I give it to Childress for one reason, the last play of the game.
    There were seconds left in the game and the Vikings were behind by two scores with no timeouts.
    Instead of taking a knee he runs some ridiculous garbage play that put players in danger of getting hurt when the outcome of the play was completely irrelevant.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    I give it to Childress for one reason, the last play of the game.
    There were seconds left in the game and the Vikings were behind by two scores with no timeouts.
    Instead of taking a knee he runs some ridiculous garbage play that put players in danger of getting hurt when the outcome of the play was completely irrelevant.
    Oh boy would I have liked to see how the knee-jerk squad would have reacted had he taken a knee there.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"VikingsMB" wrote:
    Cook with honorable mention to Chilly.
    It's the first time I've seen a coach ICE his own kicker!
    Childress had to take the timeout, because Cook was not on the field.
    That makes Cook the winner in a landslide.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345