Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Stuck with Red until May??

We don't need a new staduim? How often do you go to the metrodump? I have season tickets, I cannot stand the place. I have to take a bus or train from the tailgating lot to the dome, wait in line for 30 min to go to the bathroom or get food. Yes, we need a new staduim the metrodump is outdated and not pratical for the fans that want to enjoy the game day expirence. Sure it might be a great place if you are watching the game on T.V., but if you are there...the place sucks...I do not like the bears or gay-bay but there fans have it made when they go into their own new,nice fan-freindly staduims
    You republican whore!

oh yeah remember the joe smith deal that taylor did? How can you trust that, I think the team is still suffering from that...Just because the guy lives here doesn't mean he still can't move the team. He is a business man, he will do what he can to make money
    You republican whore!

vikingsdiva is offline Pro-Bowler

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    oh yeah remember the joe smith deal that taylor did? How can you trust that, I think the team is still suffering from that...Just because the guy lives here doesn't mean he still can't move the team. He is a business man, he will do what he can to make money
    Did I miss something :scratch: ? I don't think anyone said we don't need a stadium. That's something all Vikes fans agree on.
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

yeah I miss read something...Sorry everyone!!!I still hate the metrodump
    You republican whore!

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    No harm done. I'm not a big fan of the metrodome either. It is however my happy place. I can understand your frustrations but when I am at the dome I feel like nothing else matters. But then again, I'm not a season ticket holder.I am in favor of a new happy place, which is anywhere my Vikes are...as long as they stay in Minnesota!! :!:
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    No harm done. I'm not a big fan of the metrodome either. It is however my happy place. I can understand your frustrations but when I am at the dome I feel like nothing else matters. But then again, I'm not a season ticket holder.I am in favor of a new happy place, which is anywhere my Vikes are...as long as they stay in Minnesota!! :!:
    --Joe Theismann

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikingsdiva" wrote:
    Maybe it's overoptimism on my part. But I am by no means a guru on NFL ownership rules. It just seems like the whole thing is so fishy, ya know? Like all the lawsuits Fowler has pending on him, his evasiveness to financial questions, down to is he married. I think he could be another Red McCombs with all the lies he's told.
    Despite the issues with his resume, projected wealth etc I think that the process with the NFL is currently going at the right speed. When the sale was first announcedit was said that it could take anything between 30 -90 days to complete and present to the NFL committee for approval. I'm not sure if they would call a special meeting for this as, so far the team doesn't appear to have been handicapped in terms of FA. So maybe there is some background 'discussion' between McCombs and Fowler with Red extremely confident that the sale will go through and that he won't be out of pocket through any signings that Fowler wants made... IMO
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "vikingsdiva" wrote:
    Maybe it's overoptimism on my part. But I am by no means a guru on NFL ownership rules. It just seems like the whole thing is so fishy, ya know? Like all the lawsuits Fowler has pending on him, his evasiveness to financial questions, down to is he married. I think he could be another Red McCombs with all the lies he's told.
    Despite the issues with his resume, projected wealth etc I think that the process with the NFL is currently going at the right speed. When the sale was first announcedit was said that it could take anything between 30 -90 days to complete and present to the NFL committee for approval. I'm not sure if they would call a special meeting for this as, so far the team doesn't appear to have been handicapped in terms of FA. So maybe there is some background 'discussion' between McCombs and Fowler with Red extremely confident that the sale will go through and that he won't be out of pocket through any signings that Fowler wants made... IMO
    D@MN!!!!! :!: :!: :!:
    --Joe Theismann

Caztortroi is offline Waterboy

You know, my mom and dad recently came out to Seattle to visit. I ended up taking my father to a Mariner's baseball game and he said one of the best comments I've heard about building new stadiums in MN. We were sitting about 10 rows up just behind home plate and as he looked around Safeco Field he turned and said to me: "You know? They should bring all of the backers for the Twins and Vikings out here and sit them down in this stadium, and tell them to just look. Take a look at setup of this place, it's amazing!" After the game, my dad and I walked around and took a look at Qwest Field (home of the Seahawks) and he immediatly reitterated what he had said about Safeco Field. It didn't cost the city of Seattle an arm and a leg to build the 2 new stadiums, and Qwest in fact was built UNDER budget. All you money grubbing Scrooges up there in your penthouses need to release the lock you have on your wallet and help out not only the teams, but also the fans!

On the Taylor vs Fowler issue, I believe that Taylor would be a better fit for the Vikings organization. Not only has he proven himself with the T-Wolves, but I also belive that he has the connections and the influence to get more out of the state than anyone could. But, then again, I could be wrong. Time will tell.

"Caztortroi" wrote:
    You know, my mom and dad recently came out to Seattle to visit. I ended up taking my father to a Mariner's baseball game and he said one of the best comments I've heard about building new stadiums in MN. We were sitting about 10 rows up just behind home plate and as he looked around Safeco Field he turned and said to me: "You know? They should bring all of the backers for the Twins and Vikings out here and sit them down in this stadium, and tell them to just look. Take a look at setup of this place, it's amazing!" After the game, my dad and I walked around and took a look at Qwest Field (home of the Seahawks) and he immediatly reitterated what he had said about Safeco Field. It didn't cost the city of Seattle an arm and a leg to build the 2 new stadiums, and Qwest in fact was built UNDER budget. All you money grubbing Scrooges up there in your penthouses need to release the lock you have on your wallet and help out not only the teams, but also the fans!
    Thanks for your support. :salute: Very well put. And welcome by the way.

On the Taylor vs Fowler issue, I believe that Taylor would be a better fit for the Vikings organization. Not only has he proven himself with the T-Wolves, but I also belive that he has the connections and the influence to get more out of the state than anyone could. But, then again, I could be wrong. Time will tell.
    --Joe Theismann

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12