Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    twill is offline Starter

Re: Stuck with Koren

"ChiTownVike" wrote:
    "so-cal" wrote:
    How is this even a story?
    I don't think there is a fan of any team who doesn't own a jersey of a player who is no longer on the team.
    Hell, I own three jerseys including a #11 now nameless, and a #84 also nameless.

The kid and his parents obviously haven't learned their lesson, now he wants a Greenway jersey.
    Is he going to cry if Greenway gets traded next year, or never plays again.

Tough sh*t kid.
    Suck it up and buy another jersey.

P.S.
    To all those suckers who offered to buy him a new jersey, if you still wish to buy a total stranger a new jersey, I could always use a few.
    Take it easy dude!

The kid worked hard to Koren's jersey and now he doesnt play for them

Chill OUT!
    you people need to understand, the reason why they are not exchanging the jersey is not cuz koren has been cut, its cuz the kid wore the jersey. tahts simple. if i was sellin sumthin,. and sum1 buys something from me wears it, and then wants to exchange it? wtf is that? this is not a store where u rent clothes, you pay for it, buy it, keep it.

tough shyt kid. ur parents are idiots for blowin it out of proportion and im glad he didnt get to exchange it, just cuz of what the parents did!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

the kid is 13...Robinson sucks and let him, himself, his teammates, his family, and all of us down.
    Yeah, life s*cks, but I can relate to the Dad...certainly more than the other side of the fence.
    The kid learned a lesson that probably aged him a bit; perhaps more than some others.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"so-cal" wrote:
    Look, I can understand that the kid worked hard for his jersey but sh*t happens.
    The store has a policy about returns or exchanges and it doesn't include roster changes.
    Maybe I was wrong to attack this kid, my disgust should be directed at the parents for taking this to the press.
    Great lesson to teach their son, "If you don't like something, cry about it until you get your way."

I stand by my statement.
    Life sucks, deal with it.
    Maybe someone will buy him a "SH!T HAPPENS"! T-Shirt.
    ;D

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I would send the jersey to Koren's agent.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    This is one reason why it pays to customize your own jersey to your own name.
    Good idea...but then of course the team decided to change the jersey design on you!
    >

[img width=400 height=300]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/cajunvike/SLK%20Pics/2006SLK350COJCAJ.jpg[/img]

No worries though...I'll just be OLD SCHOOLIN' it for awhile!!!

BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    I would send the jersey to Koren's agent.
    That's what they SHOULD do - everyone who shelled out cash for Koren's jersey should mail them to Koren or his agent.
    If more people did that, then maybe - JUST maybe - athletes would think a little more seriously about the role they play in society (like it or not).

AS for the Non-Story...chalk me up in the insensitive category.
    While I feel bad - in some small way - that a young kid got snookered, chalk it up as a life lesson.
    The lesson is, "Other people can and will let you down".
    I have several jerseys - and all but one are no longer Vikings.
    All that means to me is that I now have more "Work Shirts".

I considered getting a "new" jersey, and after much consideration I decided that if and when I do, I will get a CUSTOM Jersey with my PP.O handle on the back.
    After all, I'm not going to get cut or traded (so far as I know).
    So, unless Minnesota drags it's heels too long and the Vikes move, I'm guaranteed to always have a relevant jersey.

If I were the kid, I would go with the white tape idea and put "Player to be named later" on the back.

Caine

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    Posted on Sun, Sep. 03, 2006

[size=13pt]Stuck with Koren[/size]

BY CHARLEY WALTERS
    Pioneer Press

SUNDAY SUPER SHOOTER WITH CHARLEY WALTERS

It appears that a 13-year-old Huron, S.D., boy who mowed lawns to save $55 to buy a Koren Robinson Vikings jersey from a Mall of America store, then wanted to exchange it for another player's jersey after the former Vikings wide receiver was arrested last month, is stuck with the jersey.

Jeff Duffy, the father of seventh-grader Jarren Duffy, said the Vikings Locker Room store at Mall of America told him Saturday that because the jersey had been worn (once to a Vikings game) and the sale tag removed, it would not exchange it for that of another player. Duffy has the sale receipt.

A Vikings Locker Room manager refused comment when contacted Saturday by the Pioneer Press. The manager said the store is not owned by the Vikings and is independent of the NFL team.

"I went to buy his (Robinson's) jersey because he used to be my favorite player," Jarren, a wide receiver at Huron Middle School, said Saturday.

Jarren and his father were in Minneapolis to attend two Twins games and the Vikings-Raiders game. Jarren bought the jersey Aug. 12; Robinson was arrested Aug. 15 and charged with drunken driving and fleeing police. That is when Jarren decided to try to exchange his No. 81 Robinson jersey.

"I wanted a player who doesn't get into trouble and stuff like that," he said.

What Jarren would like now, he said, probably is a jersey of fellow South Dakotan Chad Greenway, the Vikings' first-round draft pick who has been lost for his rookie season because of a knee injury.

The Vikings Locker Room's refusal to exchange the Robinson jersey has resulted in a handful of offers nationally and internationally from people wanting to buy Jarren another jersey.

But, his father said Saturday, "I told all the people who offered that I can't justify them spending their hard-earned money on us. Fifty-five dollars doesn't break our budget. We don't want our money back, just a different jersey."

So now Jeff and Jarren are considering covering Robinson's name on the back of the jersey with white adhesive tape and replacing the name with that of whomever wears No. 81 this season.
    sorry kid, but its time to grow up and learn how things work in the world..what is the vikings store gonna do with a previously worn jersey?..this is how it works with any article of clothing you buy, so why would reebok or the store selling the uniform make an exception for people who went out and took a risk on buying the uniform of a recovering alcoholic? im sorry, but thats just the breaks..life sucks, and this is another example of a person who cant just accept that..the kid wanted a jersey of somebody who doesnt get into trouble, so he chooses the guy MOST likely to get into trouble
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "so-cal" wrote:
    How is this even a story?
    I don't think there is a fan of any team who doesn't own a jersey of a player who is no longer on the team.
    Hell, I own three jerseys including a #11 now nameless, and a #84 also nameless.

The kid and his parents obviously haven't learned their lesson, now he wants a Greenway jersey.
    Is he going to cry if Greenway gets traded next year, or never plays again.

Tough sh*t kid.
    Suck it up and buy another jersey.

P.S.
    To all those suckers who offered to buy him a new jersey, if you still wish to buy a total stranger a new jersey, I could always use a few.

Have a little compassion for the little guy.. I understand the fact that this shouldn't even be a story, but he is just upset that he payed $55.00 for a jersey of a guy that is not a very good role model for younger football players..

I too have a couple jersey's of players that are no longer on the team.. I wouldn't myself ask for a new jersey, but it does make you mad when they leave soon after getting the jersey.. $55.00 to you and I may not be alot of money, but to a little kid that had to work hard for it, that is alot..
    i demand that my culpepper jersey, and michael bennet jerseys be replaced with a brad johnson and tony richardson uniform..seems fair since this kid is allowed to do it
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Wow....sounds like that kid is gonna have a brand spankin new Todd Pinkston jersey...lol.

He could, however, make it a "reverse-throwback" (throw...forward?) and put Anthony Carter's name on it....ageless at least...

LOL...what a stupid family...at least he got it for 55 bucks...mine cost me 75, but I got Sharper cuz I knew it wasn't such a risk...considered KRob, but was too risky for me....looks like I came out smellin like Roses on that one

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Articnv is offline Coach

wqell the first mistake was saying he wore it,
    It wa sonly with 3 days fo the buyign and
    sharper being gone,
    The second mistake was
    that he didnt sday teh tag was removed as a gift.

I do feel bad for the kid but think before u act when u return something

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast