There we go.. My stats tab wouldn't come down

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Strong pressure fueling Vikings' improving pass D

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

For some of that, credit goes to the secondary. Cornerback Antoine Winfield is having one of the best seasons of his career, and the return of safety Madieu Williams has strengthened the coverage.
    Funny how a good pass rush makes our secondary better.

:
    Funny how more man-man coverage & pressing receivers instead of giving up a big cushion makes our secondary better as well.
    LOL,
    are you kidding me.

We all know our CB's have only just started playing closer to the line.
    Who the hell was the yutz that was trying to convince you guys they had been pressing for the last 6 games or so?

;D

Props to STJ for stepping into the fire and doing OK but truth be told, I think M-will and Griff play well together.

Quick question, anyone notice which side Rodgers was trying to throw to when the safties happened Sunday?
    quick question, did you notice what side of hte pocket collapsed forcing rogers to run for his life on sunday?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"V4L" wrote:
    I cant find ranks

But where does our pass D rank now after that game?
    Pass yards allowed per game-19th(219.2yds/game)
    Pass TD allowed-5th(8 allowed)
    Sacks-6th(25)
    Opponents QB rating-15th(84.4)
    Ints-21st(6)
    2007 numbers
    Pass yards allowed per game-32nd(264.1)
    Pass TD allowed-15th(22allowed)
    Sacks-8th(38)
    Opponents QB rating-23rd(86.3)
    Int's-20th(15)

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

I like our defense a lot more this year... but it seems like we don't make the plays after the interceptions like years past.
    Everyone tries to get the interception, running into each other and failing to make blocks.
    Before we would pick up some yards, lateral a few times and get the TD(best example is against the Giants!)

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

For some of that, credit goes to the secondary. Cornerback Antoine Winfield is having one of the best seasons of his career, and the return of safety Madieu Williams has strengthened the coverage.

:
    Funny how more man-man coverage & pressing receivers instead of giving up a big cushion makes our secondary better as well.
    LOL,
    are you kidding me.

Who the hell was the yutz that was trying to convince you guys they had been pressing for the last 6 games or so?

;D

Props to STJ for stepping into the fire and doing OK but truth be told, I think M-will and Griff play well together.

Quick question, anyone notice which side Rodgers was trying to throw to when the safties happened Sunday?
    quick question, did you notice what side of hte pocket collapsed forcing rogers to run for his life on sunday?
    Both sides.
    The Kwill strip that lead to the first saftey came from a stunt behind Edwards/Phat Pat.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

The pressure has been a noticable improvement this year, and its really helping out our secondary. Madieu has been a stud over the past two games, and is helping Griff play significantly better. Its about time we got up in the faces of our recievers and played more bump and run coverage. Griff is better that people think he is, but do to the zone coverages we use to play, he looked a lot worse....

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    The pressure has been a noticable improvement this year, and its really helping out our secondary. Madieu has been a stud over the past two games, and is helping Griff play significantly better. Its about time we got up in the faces of our recievers and played more bump and run coverage. Griff is better that people think he is, but do to the zone coverages we use to play, he looked a lot worse....
    I agree.
    I really like the size of Griff when it comes to this scheme.

Little known fact about the cover 2 is that the CB's do play up on the reciever at times in an attempt to flatten his route out a bit into the zone the LB drops into.
    If they get to the outside then the S has to get over and help out.
    Kindof what I have been talking about in another thread.

Here is a good article about it.

Cover 2: How is it played?
    In Cover 2, it is obvious that the safeties have a tremendous burden and a lot of field to cover. They must get help from the underneath coverage to keep receivers from outnumbering them in the deep zones. There are two critical techniques that can help the safeties. First, the corners must collide with the receivers and flatten out their routes to keep them from running outside freely, which would stretch the safeties. If the wide receivers release unmolested, it is almost impossible for the safeties to get enough width quickly enough to defend the deep pass. The corners are responsible for their outside fifths, which is a shallow area, but they must sink with the receiver until another receiver threatens their zone.
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/columns/davie/1437187.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:
    LOL,
    are you kidding me.

;D

Some stubborn old man that fought me pretty hard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12