Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikingLance is offline Starter

Stressing out: Unable to watch the game

So, back in Oct., Jr. brings home a sign-up sheet for Cub Scout Winter Camp. I hear nothing but great things about "going to the castle". It's a camp where the kids snowshoe, ski, and do other winter activities and survival skills. I looked at the date at the time and thought "damn, this is going to be during the playoffs."

Well, it's coming up this weekend. I know my boy will have a blast, and it will be a good time, but I am stressed that I will be unable to watch the game. I'm sure we'll be updated, but it isn't the same. There will be no way of keeping the outcome of the game a secret.

In 98' I was unable to watch the game because I was on a TEC weekend. (a religious retreat). We all know how that turned out. In '00 I was also on a TEC weekend and unable to watch the game. Do you see where I'm going with this? (Thank God I'm not going on a TEC this weekend.)

Anyway, I have faith in my Vikings, and I do think that they will prevail and make it to the NFC Championship, but I am bummed that I won't be part of that "moment". Any suggestions on how to keep the outcome a secret? Or just hope I can find radio and smuggle it into the great northwoods of MN?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Stressing out: Unable to watch the game

VikingLance wrote:
    So, back in Oct., Jr. brings home a sign-up sheet for Cub Scout Winter Camp. I hear nothing but great things about "going to the castle". It's a camp where the kids snowshoe, ski, and do other winter activities and survival skills. I looked at the date at the time and thought "damn, this is going to be during the playoffs."

Well, it's coming up this weekend. I know my boy will have a blast, and it will be a good time, but I am stressed that I will be unable to watch the game. I'm sure we'll be updated, but it isn't the same. There will be no way of keeping the outcome of the game a secret.
    Time to get pneumonia, methinks.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    VikingLance wrote:

Time to get pneumonia, methinks.

=Z=
    Actually, I had to give up my tickets for the Ravens game because I did have pneumonia. At least I got to watch the game though!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Stressing out: Unable to watch the game

Do you have a cell phone? If so, sign up for this:
    http://www.4info.com/browse/nfl-scores/?creativeID=10000181

It is free, and you will get a TXT every time a team scores, quarters end, turnovers, etc.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul wrote:
    Do you have a cell phone? If so, sign up for this:
    http://www.4info.com/browse/nfl-scores/?creativeID=10000181

It is free, and you will get a TXT every time a team scores, quarters end, turnovers, etc.
    I have a company cell phone- no texts though!. I'm sure there will be dad's better prepared than me.

I just wish I'd be able to come home and watch the game without knowing the outcome.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Satellite smart phone for a weekend!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

VikingsFan661 is offline Training Camp

Hopefully you can take a radio or possibly find some way to be able to watch the game. You can't miss it!! I don't think the score is going to be kept quiet after this one is done.:lol:
    None

Dibbzz is offline Starter

Have you heard of Slingbox?

http://www.slingbox.com/

They'll provide updates for us. It's just not the same as watching or listening to the game.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Giving up the playoff game live, I assume you will record it, for your son to do this is no big deal. Unless he does this kind of thing a lot, it will mean much more to him in the long run.

Now, if the Vikings make the Superbowl, and something is planned with the Scouts, it would be understandable to decline the invitation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast