Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Stream TV - Any Users Here?

With the NFL season getting closer to kick off, I have been thinking about trying StreamTV out as I have seen good reports from other PPOers. However I have some questions that hopefully someone here can help me out with.....

1. My broadband connects at 576kbps, on the site it states this is the bare minimum and says best results are with at least a 1 meg connection. So if you use the site at which speed do you connect and what are the results like?

2. Do you get all the Vikes games?

3. Is it easy to use?

Any help is much appreciated. :grin:

headtrip is offline Rookie

Re: Stream TV - Any Users Here?

I've had Stream TV for one month now and I have no complaints. Granted, I have the recommened 1Mbps connection. During a regular 2-3 hour showing, I would say that it rebuffers less than 5 times, sometimes, it doesn't even need to rebuffer. It is very easy to use, you basically just sign in to the forum, click on the Streamed Channels link, click on the thread for the show/game you want to watch, put in your username and password and hit Watch. I just found out about this glorious site, mainly for Pay Per View fights, but have noticed that they show most of the Twins game on their site as there are a lot of people from Minnesota who subscribe. You can also request programs for them to stream and because of the Minnesota faithful on the site, I see no problem getting most, if not all of the games streamed.

P.S. I would recommend using Winamp for streaming.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I'm waiting for the NFL season to start before I get a 3 month subscription (yeah I know how much it costs, I'm cheap). If it's as easy as headtrip says it is, sweet. Means I'll have to download Winamp again (oh well), but I'll gladly do that to be able to watch all the sports I want that aren't shown in great coverage over here.

Prophet Guest

I'll check that out this year. It looks like a good site, how do they get around the copyright stuff?

"Prophet" wrote:
    I'll check that out this year. It looks like a good site, how do they get around the copyright stuff?
    Supposedly, the whole site is based over in Denmark where they don't have the copyright laws. And all us Americans who do "subscribe" are doing so illegally unless your actual TV is getting the show/event. So when I watch a streamed NASCAR race or Twins game on the site, it's fine, but when I watch a Pay Per View UFC event, I am doing so illegally.

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

this is an interesting option...

Can someone explain this 'sttreamtv' to me. I have never heard of it and know nothing about it.

Thanks
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

So you do see all the Vikes games?
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Braddock, someone that has had StreamTV for a while would have to tell you for sure. But, on the site there is a request forum and if a few people show interest in a request, they will stream it. So, I see no problem in having all the games streamed.

simonsparre is offline Pro-Bowler

"headtrip" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Supposedly, the whole site is based over in Denmark where they don't have the copyright laws. And all us Americans who do "subscribe" are doing so illegally unless your actual TV is getting the show/event. So when I watch a streamed NASCAR race or Twins game on the site, it's fine, but when I watch a Pay Per View UFC event, I am doing so illegally.
    Streamtv is an american site.

I watched all the Vikes games, the draft and some college games last year. Great quility and easy to set up.

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

ohhhhh now this is a live saver!!!

i was about to fly home and set up my dad's place so i could stream from him. but now i can dump nfl's listening and WATCH!!!!

in greece they are doubling the bandwidth of everyone who has an adsl connection. so my 512 is goin 1mb!!! i'm gonna watch games..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast