Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Stop blaming it on our receivers

"WVV" wrote:
    So who do you blame for the drops?
    The imaginary dome elves?
    Definately underpants gnomes.

You MUST blame the receivers for at least part of it. First of all, the drops. This has been pointed out, but Travis has dropped several and T-Will's have all been crushing. Then you move on to the fact that they aren't getting open down the field and Brad has been forced to check down all the time and things don't look favorable for them being blame free.

I know there are a lot of problems, the quarterback and the o-line being two of them, but some of the responsibility DOES fall on the receivers. There's no doubt about that.

purplepete is offline Training Camp

Deer hunting today was more fun then Viking watching. I did catch about a half of the game though. As it turns out Williamson dropped another first down that was right in his hands. Crucial first down.... How can you not just blame him for being a big part of the suckage this year. Lets hope we will get production out of our #1 pick one year. Wouldn't Cutler look good right now?

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Why is it that Green Bay always has explosive receivers. This is all KRob's fault. Damn you KRob damn you.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"purplepete" wrote:

Deer hunting today was more fun then Viking watching. I did catch about a half of the game though. As it turns out Williamson dropped another first down that was right in his hands. Crucial first down.... How can you not just blame him for being a big part of the suckage this year. Lets hope we will get production out of our #1 pick one year. Wouldn't Cutler look good right now?
    I'll have to watch the game again that I taped on TV. I may be mistaken, but I recall Troy only getting one pass thrown to him all game long. It appeared to be too high for him to catch along the sideline.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jordy is offline Rookie

i do agree that it isnt all the receivers fault, the o-line and especially the qb are to blame as well...the problem is that we are predictable, and why is that? because grandpa cant throw deep,,,did you see how long billy mcmullen had to wait for that ball, even come back to it on that td...that was just pathetic...if you are that open, and receivers have been that open in the past games and Bj cant get it to them and undertrhwos them all the time, you are going to call short plays, just like were doing now...so i think the problem isnt getting open or not, or catching or not...but bj arm strengtht and accuracy at deep paterns...

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

At least the highlight play of yesterdays game came from one of our recievers. That one handed grab on the sideline in the first half by Bethel Johnson was really something if you ask me.

As for Troy Williamson goes he were covered up tight by Al Harris all game long. So I'll give him credit.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    Why is it that Green Bay always has explosive receivers. This is all KRob's fault. gol 'darnit you KRob gol 'darnit you.
    Because, for all that folks want to hate him, the Packers have a quarterback with a rifle arm who can put the ball into the tight spots quickly, allowing their receivers the chance to make a play since they caught the ball in stride.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    At least the highlight play of yesterdays game came from one of our recievers. That one handed grab on the sideline in the first half by Bethel Johnson was really something if you ask me.

As for Troy Williamson goes he were covered up tight by Al Harris all game long. So I'll give him credit.
    Bethel had a great game.
    It's too bad that return was called back and I didn't like the miscommunication in the INT route.
    It was refreshing to see a hint of life in the receiving corps and it was nice to see Bethel do what he is known for on the return team.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Bethel had a great game.
    It's too bad that return was called back and I didn't like the miscommunication in the INT route.
    It was refreshing to see a hint of life in the receiving corps and it was nice to see Bethel do what he is known for on the return team.
    Bethel had a good quarter (the 2nd), disappeared in the 2nd half, had one good return (which didn't count) and was adequate on his other returns.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Bethel had a great game.
    Bethel had a good quarter (the 2nd), disappeared in the 2nd half, had one good return (which didn't count) and was adequate on his other returns.

=Z=
    It's on a relative scale compared to the past games, the WRs have been virtually dead.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast