Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    antoniopierce58 is offline Training Camp

Stop blaming it on our receivers

It is not their fault for our offensive struggles and why cant people seem to see that?

Sure they arent the bengals, colts, cardinals, or rams receivers but they are soild enough to get it done.

when we get a real qb, the results will change and you will see our points go up drastically from about 10 points a game to atleast 21.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Stop blaming it on our receivers

So, none of the dropped balls are the fault of the WR's?
    Not even the one on 4th down last week that Troy dropped?
    ???

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It is hard foir the QB to get them the ball when they are not getting open like they should be. Part of the turnover problem is that BJ is having to throw into coverage that is too tight because the receivers are not exploiting the soft spots in the defense. Part of the job of the receiver is to trick the defender into thinking you are going one way and then change your direction. That is receiver 101 and I am just not seeing that happen with ours yet.

It all comes from confidence.
    Look what happened when we went for it on an iffy 4th-and-1.
    The team felt the spark.

We have recievers that have been first round draft picks.
    But we also have play calling that won't allow any of them to get into a rhythm.

I'm all for stretcching the field with a couple deep passes, but brad just isn't helping us with the long ball since it has been winding up in the hands of the safties all too often.

The team is just too predictable.
    We run in running situations, and we pass in passing situations.
    We actually ran a draw play for positive yards today.

I'm already a Michigan State fan.
    Saturday's are tough.
    But now after the last few sunday's (and that very dissapointing monday night) it looks like a game between the Spartans and the Vikings could go either way.

Toro is offline Rookie

We are one at the bottom of the league for receivers.

Our best have been Taylor and Robinson.
    "This is a kick-ass offense" - BC

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The WRs deserve a good part of the blame!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

So who do you blame for the drops?
    The imaginary dome elves?

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

When is Marcus Robinson coming back?
    ???

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    ???
    psst... it was 3rd down. But it may as well have been 4th, with the next play we ran(deep ball to Bethel Johnson in double coverage).

But yeah, our receivers do deserve a lot of the blame, they don't get open, and they do not make plays after the catch, however, I have noticed many of the routes they run do not help them do these things at all.

I watch many of the other games around the league, and WRs make plays after the catch in open space, and I think to myself "Why can't we do that?", then I realize, Brad Childress has them run these routes where they are hit immediately, I know the space is there, we haven't been playing lockdown defenses at all, and our receivers certainly have the speed to make these plays, but they are never in position to.

Our receivers deserve the blame for their drops, but not for the lack of YAC(I love the rhyme) and trouble getting open, I put that 90% on Childress' playcalling and Brad Johnson being pressured so frequently. The right side of the offensive line has really struggled, a problem that needs to be solved, but won't be until the off season. Hopefully we pick up a guy like Max Starks from the Steelers or even Leonard Davis from the Cards and have them play RT, then move Marcus Johnson back to guard(the position we drafted him to play).

Draft a WR like Dwayne Jarrett, or wait even longer for one of the guys from Tennessee, maybe pick up a TE in the draft? Then maybe we'll throw Tjack into the action a little bit?

There's always next year for our offense, but even then we're relying on a coach who is willing to back away from his image of what he wants to work, and change to something that will work. Cause right now, the only thing that is working is Chester Taylor, and if we fall behind because of stupid turnovers in our own territory, even if he is working, we're gonna throw when we're behind.

Vote Anderson as GM in 07'.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Mr" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

???
    psst... it was 3rd down. But it may as well have been 4th, with the next play we ran(deep ball to Bethel Johnson in double coverage).

But yeah, our receivers do deserve a lot of the blame, they don't get open, and they do not make plays after the catch, however, I have noticed many of the routes they run do not help them do these things at all.

I watch many of the other games around the league, and WRs make plays after the catch in open space, and I think to myself "Why can't we do that?", then I realize, Brad Childress has them run these routes where they are hit immediately, I know the space is there, we haven't been playing lockdown defenses at all, and our receivers certainly have the speed to make these plays, but they are never in position to.

Our receivers deserve the blame for their drops, but not for the lack of YAC(I love the rhyme) and trouble getting open, I put that 90% on Childress' playcalling and Brad Johnson being pressured so frequently. The right side of the offensive line has really struggled, a problem that needs to be solved, but won't be until the off season. Hopefully we pick up a guy like Max Starks from the Steelers or even Leonard Davis from the Cards and have them play RT, then move Marcus Johnson back to guard(the position we drafted him to play).

Draft a WR like Dwayne Jarrett, or wait even longer for one of the guys from Tennessee, maybe pick up a TE in the draft? Then maybe we'll throw Tjack into the action a little bit?

There's always next year for our offense, but even then we're relying on a coach who is willing to back away from his image of what he wants to work, and change to something that will work. Cause right now, the only thing that is working is Chester Taylor, and if we fall behind because of stupid turnovers in our own territory, even if he is working, we're gonna throw when we're behind.

Vote Anderson as GM in 07'.
    My bad.
    I do remember now to pass to Bethel.
    Still, my original statement stands.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast