Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Stink Schlereth says Vikings will win less than 6 games

"singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    If I was agnostic I would consider worshipping Hutchinson.
    Don't you mean if you weren't agnostic, you would consider worshipping Hutchinson?
    Don't confuse him.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Jessejames09 says the colts and patriots will combine for 34 losses.

.... That's not even possible you say.
    Well it's true because it's written on the internet. 8)

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Jessejames09 says the colts and patriots will combine for 34 losses.

.... That's not even possible you say.
    Well it's true because it's written on the internet. 8)
    Yeah right. 34 losses. We all know they'll play each other in the super bowl.

"peadawg" wrote:
    We have a pretty brutal schedule this year.
    The AFC West is no joke.
    I figure we go 6-10 again.
    A couple games for me are tweeners, think we can beat Detroit at Detroit, but will we?
    Also taking a gamble and saying we beat the Bears in the dome.
    Anywhere from 4-12 to 8-8 depending on a couple lucky breaks.

Atlanta - L
    @Detroit - L
    @Kansas City - L
    Green Bay - W
    BYE

@Chicago - L
    @Dallas - L
    Philadelphia - L
    San Diego - L
    @Green Bay - L
    Oakland - W
    @N.Y. Giants - L
    Detroit - W
    @San Francisco - W
    Chicago - W
    Washington - W
    @Denver - L
    okay man you are full of crap we all know that we will beat the fruity falcons week 1 regardless of what happens to vick we will definately beat detroit both times, chicago sucks on the road, kc has a qb issue and LJ has contract problems, Greenbay definately has the worst team in the league and we are going to do decent this year better than expected is what I see because I don't like to predict records anymore.

So do me a favor and learn to predict logically because this is the worst prediction I have ever read. I would rather go to my local fortune teller who lives in a van down by the river. LOL ;D

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    "peadawg" wrote:
    The AFC West is no joke.
    A couple games for me are tweeners, think we can beat Detroit at Detroit, but will we?

Atlanta - L
    @Detroit - L
    @Kansas City - L
    Green Bay - W
    BYE

@Chicago - L
    @Dallas - L
    Philadelphia - L
    San Diego - L
    @Green Bay - L
    Oakland - W
    @N.Y. Giants - L
    Detroit - W
    @San Francisco - W
    Chicago - W
    Washington - W
    @Denver - L
    okay man you are full of crap we all know that we will beat the fruity falcons week 1 regardless of what happens to vick we will definately beat detroit both times, chicago sucks on the road, kc has a qb issue and LJ has contract problems, Greenbay definately has the worst team in the league and we are going to do decent this year better than expected is what I see because I don't like to predict records anymore.

So do me a favor and learn to predict logically because this is the worst prediction I have ever read. I would rather go to my local fortune teller who lives in a van down by the river. LOL ;D
    I think he is just being realistic...
    Sure we have plenty of reason to be optimistic, but in reality we haven't really made any drastic changes to the team.
    I think we'll do better than 6-10, but it wouldn't honestly surprise me if we did.
    Even if we do...there is always next year.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    "peadawg" wrote:
    The AFC West is no joke.

Atlanta - L
    @Detroit - L
    @Kansas City - L
    Green Bay - W
    BYE

@Chicago - L
    @Dallas - L
    Philadelphia - L
    San Diego - L
    @Green Bay - L
    Oakland - W
    @N.Y. Giants - L
    Detroit - W
    @San Francisco - W
    Chicago - W
    Washington - W
    @Denver - L

personal attacks = no

"peadawg" wrote:
    The AFC West is no joke.
    I don't know where you're getting that.
    I looked at the schedule, and this is how I figure it will go:

Atlanta - W
    @Detroit - W
    @Kansas City - W
    Green Bay - W
    BYE
    - W
    @Chicago - W
    @Dallas - W
    Philadelphia - W
    San Diego - W
    @Green Bay - WW
    Oakland - W
    @N.Y. Giants - W
    Detroit - W
    @San Francisco - W
    Chicago - W
    Washington - W
    @Denver - W

That's 3-0 against the Packers and 18-0 overall.
    At worst, I see us maybe falling to 16-0.

Seriously, assuming Vick is suspended, I see 5 games (ATL, 2xGB, KC, OAK) that we should be better than the other team, 1 game against a team that's much better than us (SD), and 10 games against teams I think we're about even with.
    I say that works out to an optomistic 10 wins.

Obviously, I don't think much of Detroit, Denver, Philly, etc.
    But they're way over there, and I'm over here, so to heck with them.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Not sure where Schlereth is getting less that 6 games. If you seriously break down our schedule, there are a lot of games that we should do pretty well in.

Atlanta - W
    With the news that Michael Vick has been indicted on the dogfighting charges today, I seriously doubt he isn't suspended for this game. Joey Harrington gave us a good game last year with Miami but with his lack of a receiving game in Atlanta I doubt we lose this one even with our apparent offensive troubles.

@Detroit - W
    Yeah, everyone says Detroit is going to be great every other year. Until they show me something otherwise (like maybe a playoff appearance), I am going to continue to doubt them. Everyone thought Charles Rogers would turn their team around. Look at how that turned out. People are greatly downplaying the loss of Dre' Bly in their secondary. Calvin Johnson is not the end all for the lions. He's only a rookie. No one's saying we're going to be a playoff team solely because of Adrian Peterson. I'm not buying it.. same ol' Lions with same 'ol Kitna.

@Kansas City - Could go either way, I say we win.
    This should be interesting. Two teams with quarterback struggles and great running games. The plus side is that if there's one thing we're good at, it's stopping the run. I think Larry Johnson gets exposed for what he really is next year behind his lack of an offensive line.

Green Bay - Could go either way.. not sure on this one but I guess i'll call win.
    I think people are underestimating the Packers a little bit this year. They ended last season strong and this is Brett's final hurrah (again). Their really buying into that zone blocking scheme and running back by committee but I definitely see that as their eventual downfall.

BYE - Yeah, scary. We could go into the bye week 4-0. Too bad we play all of our cupcakes early and will get smashed in the second half of the schedule like years past.

@Chicago - L
    Grossman sucks but their defense is just too good for our horrible offense. I don't think our defense can match their defense's output and sadly, their passing game is a little bit better than ours. I call a close when where the bears pull away in the end much like last year.

@Dallas - L
    New coach but Romo is a year better. The receiving corps of the Cowboys is getting up there but again, their experience outweighs ours. I see a close loss again.

Philadelphia - W
    Childress against his old team. I think he pulls out of his kick-ass offense tricks in his sleeve and wins this one.

San Diego - L
    Do I need to explain?

@Green Bay -Could go either way. L
    See last explanation. It's in Lambeau so i see us losing.

Oakland - W
    This one should be one of our late schedule gimme's. Oakland is going to finish last in the NFL again next year. Their offense is plain putrid, even worse than ours. Adrian and Chester will run all over their horrible run defense.

@N.Y. Giants - Could go either way. L
    We've gotten lucky the past few years against them. I think our luck runs out even with Tiki out of the picture. This game could definitely go either way though. Should be one of the interesting ones.
    Detroit - Could go either way. W
    See last explanation. Although the lions suck, i'm betting they improve gradually over the year and give us a run at home and we pull it out.

@San Francisco - L
    This team is vastly as opposed to their last few clubs. Alex Smith is ready to be a franchise QB while Vernon Davis comes back from an injury plagued season along with Frank Gore in the backfield. This team lights the league on fire and blows us out as weird as it is to say it.

Chicago - Could go either way, L.
    See first explanation. Still a slightly better team than us.

Washington - Could go either way, L
    Clinton Portis will be back with Ladell Betts and Jason Campbell will finally get a full season. Laron Landry's a good addition to the defensive backfield in lieu of the loss of Archuleta. Likely a loss.

@Denver - L
    Perennial playoff team. Should be a nasty way to end the season.

So yeah, somewhere between 7-9 and 10-6 for us with 7-9 being more realistic and 10-6 pushing it a bit. We have a lot of up for grabs games in there with Denver, San Diego, San Fransisco, and maybe Chicago and Dallas as the only games where we are a markedly worse team than the opposition. It's no secret that we're pretty weak but below 6-10 might be pushing it with our great defense and potentially cupcake schedule. Then again, anything could happen. Tarvaris could be the greatest QB in the NFC, LT could get injured, Rex Grossman could get pulled.. It's going to be a long training camp before we know just how good or bad we really are.

Maybe being on the road 4-6 of the first weeks will toughen the team up for the rest of the year.
    I think we sucked last year because of 1. Brad Johnson. He had so much trouble switching to Childress' system and just couldn't execute, 2. our O-line didn't seem to GEL with the new system (hard to stay motivated with Brad sucking), 3. Playcalling 4. Butterfingers 5. no pass defense. Most can be solved with coaching experience and hopefully being that Tarvaris has only been under Childress in the NFL, he has an edge this year.
    On top of that, the Bears will suck with Wrecks Grossman and all the other problems, Packers will be mediocre at best and the Lions have no O-line, no defense and they think that adding 1 guy will add 9 wins. It's not looking that bad in our division.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We do have a brutal schedule, but we could be anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5. I really think we can win our division. A split with the Bears, Detroits offense won't be rolling in week two, Kansas City's run game will be snuffed. Farve will be unable to carry the Pack at the Dome.... Then the Bears get one from us, the Dallas, and Eagle games could go either way, SD is gonna win the AFC West, We steal a win in stinking bay, crush da Raida's, we never match up well with the Giants, Beat Detroit at home, get shocked by a vastly improved 49er team, take it out on the bears in a division game that could decide the NFC North, Beat the Deadskins at home, and go to Denver and play a late season game outside and lose.
    Atlanta - W
    @Detroit - W
    @Kansas City - W
    Green Bay - W
    BYE -
    @Chicago -L
    @Dallas - W
    Philadelphia - W
    San Diego - L
    @Green Bay - WW
    Oakland - W
    @N.Y. Giants - L