Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

Re: Still Purple (til I die) !

I hate to admit it, but the Pack is playing solid football right now. We had lost that game before we even set foot on the field.

The defensive plan was to play the same soft zone all day that gave Favre 300 yeards last time, making us ineffective against the run as well.

Our offense will never be able to compete with a top 15 offense with the mentality and talent we currently have. Our offensive mindset is ball control, hard nosed, rushing. Which is all fine and dandy but the problem is it puts you in a situation where all games are close. We have lost a number of games this year by a few points because the offense doesn't know how to score quickly when needed. This is a new era. Your offense needs to evolve with the times or you will end up where we currently are.

Oh well. I still put up with this crap. This long term rebuilding is a tough pill to swallow. Especially when there are so many question marks on offense. Go Vikings.

Thanks for listening. This is therapeutic.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I also turned the TV off, down 27-0, when BB threw the interception at the goal line.
    It's rare that I turn off a game.
    What made it worse, though, was that the beating came from the Pack.
    I couldn't take it anymore.

You're right, none of us are fair weather fans.
    My wife, who's also a Vikes fan, proudly tells people that I'm a fan through thick and thin.

I guess I also bleed purple, and I realize that teams go through rebuilding periods.
    I'm just looking forward to the day when the bleeding stops again.

You're right Big C, this is thereapeutic... even if no one reads it, lol

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"Zeus" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    If you really loved this team, wouldn't you hope for losing out the season to ensure Childress being fired and a high draft pick? I hope Culpepper comes in and shows Wilf and pinhead childress how stupid they were for cutting someone who isn't a SUBMENTAL crap QB (Brad Johnson, Tjack, Holcomb, Bollinger). I dare you to argue we're better off without him too.
    If you love your team, you never cheer for them to lose.
    Culpepper wasn't "cut", he was traded.
    Culpepper isn't starting for the Raiders - Josh McCown is.
    Read that slowly, so you'll get it.
    Brad Johnson was signed by the previous coach.

Now that I've corrected the blatent inaccuracies in your blurb, feel free to continue ranting mindlessly.

=Z=
    Wow you corrected that.
    I bet you he feels silly.

If we win more games, Childress will be coach. If we lose more games he will be fired.
    Its kinda a catch 22 dont you think?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Guys, I was thinking about this as I walked around today after our incredible 34-0 defeat to the Packers. No matter what happens, I will always be a Vikings fan. We could lose every game from now on, and I am still Purple til I die. It is days like this that remind us Real Fans (and I consider all you guys and gals to be that) what being a fan means. Trust me, friends, when we get that Super Bowl ring, we will remember days like this, today, and we will say, "I was there during the low times, and that just makes the high times much, much better".

I am Purple Til I Die ! Vikings forever !
    ;D
    Good post StillPurple.
    You are exactly right.
    I remember in the late nineties, when we were one of the powerhouses of a dominant NFC that I was doing exactly that.
    I was a fan when were great in the 70's, bad in the 80's, great again in the late 90's, and now terrible in the 00's.
    I am looking forward to that upward swing again...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

BB didnt throw the int, Memo tipped a perfectly thrown ball to a packer.

I love the vikes always will, and wont miss a game on tv, even if they never win another.

But when do we bench AD? Do we want him playing now we are formally out of the playoffs? DO we now put in TJ for the rest of the year? I want the vikes to win every game, but damn, i want to see shildress gone and get the new HCs feet wet ASAP.

TeamSoftware is offline Rookie

I was a fan when were great in the 70's, bad in the 80's, great again in the late 90's, and now terrible in the 00's.
    I am looking forward to that upward swing again...
    I to have been through the 70's 80's 90's and now the 00's. I am just hoping we do not need to wait for the 10's to be up again.

But I suppose it is only 3 years away so it will not be to much longer.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

FIRST: Real fans want their team to win and the coach to be successful. They don't want their team to lose so the coach will be fired and they will get a higher draft choice.

SECOND: I hope I live long enough to see the Vikings win a Super Bowl.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"CCthebest" wrote:

Touche'.
    I guess you're right.
    Favre didn't throw the last touchdown, it was tipped by a defender first.
    ;D

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"CCthebest" wrote:

I love the vikes always will, and wont miss a game on tv, even if they never win another.

But when do we bench AD? Do we want him playing now we are formally out of the playoffs? DO we now put in TJ for the rest of the year? I want the vikes to win every game, but damn, i want to see shildress gone and get the new HCs feet wet ASAP.
    :
    did you even watch? the ball was thrown behind him and wouldve been a very difficult catch... lol perfectly thrown ball
    :

Thanks josdin00

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tb04512" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

But when do we bench AD? Do we want him playing now we are formally out of the playoffs? DO we now put in TJ for the rest of the year? I want the vikes to win every game, but gol 'darnit, i want to see shildress gone and get the new HCs feet wet ASAP.
    :
    did you even watch? the ball was thrown behind him and wouldve been a very difficult catch... lol perfectly thrown ball
    :
    It was behind him, but it was also very catchable.
    I also put more blame for that one on MeMo than I do on Bollinger.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast