Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Still No Respect

I'll be there to help you out Caine!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

3 1/2 games Caine? Was the Bucs game a blowout? You earn respect. They will. Lincoln Kennedy in a stunning blind side by the media, apologized for his comments on the Vikes. I was so stunned I really can't type what he said. He is a class act. I DO like NFL Network. I wanna see Solomon Wilcotts eat crow too. And Sterling Sharpe (the a**ho*e) ...how low can he go, preseason he actually ran a bit on how the Vikings recievers drop passes.....like they are the Seashawks. Crazy, I mean come on, how did Pep's completion percentage get so high last year with them all dropping passes. Sharpe will never eat crow, though. He is a miserable, onery, insecure piece of Packer garbage. I love when he isn't on the playbook set.

again, the media hates us and i dont know why!

WE ARE GOING TO WIN MONDAY NIGHT, YEAH YEAH!
    Get Your Roll On!!!!!
    I hate the moldy cheeseheads!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    3 1/2 games Caine? Was the Bucs game a blowout? You earn respect. They will.
    Yup, 3 1/2 games.

We didn't show up for Tampa. Our Offense was so busy handing the ball to Tampa it wasn't funny. Our Defense tried, but our O was desperate to lose...and we did.

We didn't even bother to show up at all versus Cinci, Atlanta, or Carolina. Versus Chicago, again, we desperately tried to lose...and succeeded.

We only showed up after the half versus Green Bay. Fortunately for us, they were on an extended potty-break and we were able to win that one.

The ONLY complete game we've had this season was versus New Orleans...not exactly an NFL powerhouse. Versus Detroit, we played just well enough to win.

So, taken as a whole, has our performace to date been something that is worthy of respect? Not in my book. That's not to say we CAN'T get there...we simply haven't.

Our Defense is playing....ummm....better, but not to the point where we're feared by anyone. Our Offense, so far, is simply "that group of guys that eats clock while we wait for our Defense to take the field again". Sort of Like Baltimore...minus the dominance.

We have the right pieces to make plays...we simply don't with any regularity. In short, we are not dangerous, just mildly threatening...and only if teams completely overlook us (Much like New York did).

I do have hope, however. While he didn't hit any of them, Johnson did go deep in the latter part of the NY game. He needs to keep doing that. He needs to keep Defenses back so that our short passing game and rushing game can have a chance to work. If he hits a long ball, consider it a bonus.

If Johnson can start moving the "O", our "D" will have more time to recuperate between series...and that can only lead to good things.

Now, if only Cottrell would take an extended leave-of-absence....

Caine

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5086962

Vikings at Packers: All four of the NFC North teams won last week. All it took was a 45-mph wind, six Falcons fumbles, four Giants interceptions, some kick return touchdowns, and a star turn by (gulp) Joey Harrington.

The Vikings are now 4-5, they've won three of four, and they have hope of clawing back into the playoff picture. All this despite the fact that Brad Johnson has an arm like a Little League pitching machine, Paul Edinger cannot kick straight, and the defenders can only stop opponents who throw the ball right at them.

The Packers are even farther along the road to perdition, but they have a pulse, and not just because Brett Favre still keeps some face cards up his sleeve. They also have one of the best defensive players in the NFL this season: cornerback Al Harris.

Football Outsiders keeps track of how effective teams are at shutting down their opponents' No. 1 wideouts. The Packers are the best team in the NFL in this category, thanks in large part to Harris, who has kept Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Hines Ward, and other top receivers from having big games.

The Vikings narrowly won the first matchup, beating Green Bay 23-20 in the Metrodome. But Harris will contain the Vikings top receiver, Nate Burleson ... no wait, Koren Robinson ... er ... Travis, no Marcus, no ... anyway, he'll shut down one half of the field. The Culpepper-less Vikings won't score three times on long returns, and this minor Minnesota insurrection will be quelled.
    Wow, not a single good thing could be said about us. And I guess that Al Harris is single handedly going to stop us. Sure he might have one of our WR's covered but that's one advantage the Vikings have, a lot of decent WR's instead of one star. Harris cant be everywhere! God we better win this game!?

Al Harris sucks. He's not even going to stop our #2 all day. We'll be alright on Monday!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5086962

Vikings at Packers: All four of the NFC North teams won last week. All it took was a 45-mph wind, six Falcons fumbles, four Giants interceptions, some kick return touchdowns, and a star turn by (gulp) Joey Harrington.

The Vikings are now 4-5, they've won three of four, and they have hope of clawing back into the playoff picture. All this despite the fact that Brad Johnson has an arm like a Little League pitching machine, Paul Edinger cannot kick straight, and the defenders can only stop opponents who throw the ball right at them.

The Packers are even farther along the road to perdition, but they have a pulse, and not just because Brett Favre still keeps some face cards up his sleeve. They also have one of the best defensive players in the NFL this season: cornerback Al Harris.

Football Outsiders keeps track of how effective teams are at shutting down their opponents' No. 1 wideouts. The Packers are the best team in the NFL in this category, thanks in large part to Harris, who has kept Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Hines Ward, and other top receivers from having big games.

The Vikings narrowly won the first matchup, beating Green Bay 23-20 in the Metrodome. But Harris will contain the Vikings top receiver, Nate Burleson ... no wait, Koren Robinson ... er ... Travis, no Marcus, no ... anyway, he'll shut down one half of the field. The Culpepper-less Vikings won't score three times on long returns, and this minor Minnesota insurrection will be quelled.
    Wow, not a single good thing could be said about us. And I guess that Al Harris is single handedly going to stop us. Sure he might have one of our WR's covered but that's one advantage the Vikings have, a lot of decent WR's instead of one star. Harris cant be everywhere! God we better win this game!?
    What a crap article. What is it with Fox and the Vikes? Edinger cannot kick straight?? He has won two games for us with long field goals in the last few seconds of the game.

Farve has face cards up his sleeve? The only thing Favre has had this year are D linemen and line backers on his ass.

Our defense wins against the #1 offense in the NFL (Giants) and not a word about them. :roll: I can hardly wait for Madden and Bradshaw to tell us why the Packers lost once again after Monday. I am sure it won't be Favre's fault. After all his sleeves are full of cards. :lol:

WWBGD

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Wow, not a single good thing could be said about us. And I guess that Al Harris is single handedly going to stop us. Sure he might have one of our WR's covered but that's one advantage the Vikings have, a lot of decent WR's instead of one star. Harris cant be everywhere! God we better win this game!?[/quote]

dayamn... I think this chick wrote that article...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234