Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

Re: Still No Respect

Hmmm. I guess Harris will be covering Wiggins all day then. Bummer.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Del Rio Guest

"webmaster" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I bet there will be TONS of trolls coming after Monday..
    Speakin of trolls where are all the Green Bay fans this week?
    2 - 7

:lol:
    Yeah you probably wont see them unless they win. I think a win over Atlanta and a win over the Vikings would be enough to get them going.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Yup, they will be here if, a big if, they win.

Better get the boot polished just in case. :lol:

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i'm just tired of the media, i know we have a sad division this year but they should get some better material

Thanks Josdin

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We are using this "us against the world" mentality and if the media keeps fueling the fire, then let them bash away. When the "experts" have had enough crow it'll be too late and we'll have back door'd em' right into the playoffs with a division crown. Skol Vikings.

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

favre already proved he can lead a comeback this year look at how many chance he has had but yet only produced 2 wins the vikings have twice as many wins but get no respect
    our only sure-handed receiver

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

if we're not given the respect that we the fans and the vikings organiztion thinks we deserve. then the vikings just have to go out there and TAKE the respect and prove everybody wrong. then try not to laugh too hard when the media comes crawling back singing 'o the vikings are so great and we always knew it' crap!

Thanks Josdin

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

What a lot of soccer teams do in the UK when they get negative comments by either other teams or the media is pin them up in the locker room. Not that the players need anything to pump them up for Monday night!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"scottishvike" wrote:
    What a lot of soccer teams do in the UK when they get negative comments by either other teams or the media is pin them up in the locker room. Not that the players need anything to pump them up for Monday night!
    The Vikings locker room walls must be a huge collage of pics! :lol:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"sharper42" wrote:
    favre already proved he can lead a comeback this year look at how many chance he has had but yet only produced 2 wins the vikings have twice as many wins but get no respect
    We have twice as many wins...but we have 5 times as many blowouts too. That is what people are looking at when they dole out respect.

Green Bay - as much as I hate them - has been in almost every game. We've only shown up for 3 1/2....all of which we won. It's hard to gain respect from outsiders when you play inconsistantly, have an anemic offense, and give up tons of points on a regular basis...even if you win a handful of games.

Does our team deserve "respect" right now? No, not in my opinion. We haven't shown that we can be a serious threat to anyone on any sort of consistant basis. Let's face it, had it not been for fantastic Special teams play and Eli Manning having a rotten day, we would've lost to New York too...and we almost did anyway.

To gain respect, the Vikings will have to start putting together some complete games. They'll have to produce on both sides of the ball with a lot more consistancy. We've won four, but none of them were really convincing wins.

AS TO PACKER TROLLS....

They'll be here in force if they win Monday night. Since they'll only be a game behind at that point, they'll come back and start yapping about they're history of late season surges, and how they'll likely win the Division again by winning out while Minnesota, Detroit, and Chicago all fall by the wayside.

And history will bear them out.

If, on the other hand, we complete the sweep, the Packer fans won't show up again until sometime after the season ends. Probably right after Sherman gets fired, because they'll attach all their woes to him. They'll point to what Bates did with their talentless Defense and say, "Imagine what he'll do with the whole team now that he's HC".

So, it's vital that we win Monday. After beating Atlanta, I started seeing hope in the eyes of the Packer fans. None of them got overly lippy, but I could tell that they were perking up. If they win Monday, they'll start the Playoff/Superbowl talk up again and I'm going to have a hades of a time trying to squash them down where they belong without a sweep to support me this season.

Caine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast