Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Still No Respect

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5086962

Vikings at Packers: All four of the NFC North teams won last week. All it took was a 45-mph wind, six Falcons fumbles, four Giants interceptions, some kick return touchdowns, and a star turn by (gulp) Joey Harrington.

The Vikings are now 4-5, they've won three of four, and they have hope of clawing back into the playoff picture. All this despite the fact that Brad Johnson has an arm like a Little League pitching machine, Paul Edinger cannot kick straight, and the defenders can only stop opponents who throw the ball right at them.

The Packers are even farther along the road to perdition, but they have a pulse, and not just because Brett Favre still keeps some face cards up his sleeve. They also have one of the best defensive players in the NFL this season: cornerback Al Harris.

Football Outsiders keeps track of how effective teams are at shutting down their opponents' No. 1 wideouts. The Packers are the best team in the NFL in this category, thanks in large part to Harris, who has kept Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Hines Ward, and other top receivers from having big games.

The Vikings narrowly won the first matchup, beating Green Bay 23-20 in the Metrodome. But Harris will contain the Vikings top receiver, Nate Burleson ... no wait, Koren Robinson ... er ... Travis, no Marcus, no ... anyway, he'll shut down one half of the field. The Culpepper-less Vikings won't score three times on long returns, and this minor Minnesota insurrection will be quelled.
    Wow, not a single good thing could be said about us. And I guess that Al Harris is single handedly going to stop us. Sure he might have one of our WR's covered but that's one advantage the Vikings have, a lot of decent WR's instead of one star. Harris cant be everywhere! God we better win this game!?

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Still No Respect

I agree that Harris will be confused as to who he is supposed to shut down, we don't have a clear #1, which this week, may be a very good thing.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I agree that Harris is confused...is he Whoopi or is he not Whoopi...that is the question! LOL

With Brad distributing the ball to so many of our RBs, TEs and WRs, they won't be able to keep up...go get 'em Brad!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Al Harris??? WTF? He says Al Harris and doesn't even mention sharper? Al Harris... what a joke. Torch his ass like we did in the 31-17 game. If a Randy Moss with a pulled hamstring can burn all harris, then any reciever on our team can. What a joke.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Mike Tanier is a putz. He's still mad that the Vikings made him look like a fool after he expertly predicted last week that the Giants would have an 'easy week', his words, against the Vikes.

Well, Mike, you and a lot of your fellow 'experts' were WRONG! And you're going to continue to be wrong if you count out the Vikes so easily. I hope you lost a lot of money on the game, you schmuck! HA HA HA HA HA!
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

6-KINGS Guest

Vegas reports heavy betting on the Pack
    Just FYI

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Al Harris is a lil bitch.. As a matter of fact imma make a Al harris sig

6-KINGS Guest

Vegas reports heavy betting on the Pack
    Just FYI

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I hope those losers who bet on them lose some money. They deserve it......

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Al (touchy feely) Harris will fail. Spread the goodness around, BJ!!!

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast