Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Stick to the script? Vikings' Allison often strays

[size=13pt]Stick to the script? Vikings' Allison often strays [/size]

Posted 15h 21m ago

By Dave Campbell, AP Sports Writer
    usatoday.com

MANKATO, Minn. — Aundrae Allison's mind is always moving .

How, he asks himself, will I run this route? And what role, he wonders, would this man play in my next script?...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Stick to the script? Vikings' Allison often strays

Thanks for the read my friend.

"At times we have too many line runners. You know that line that you put in the playbook and say, 'This is where you go,"' Childress said. "It's important that they understand the flexibility and creativity that they have along that line. ... When you're thinking about assignment only, you're thinking about that line. You're not taking in what the defense is doing and the creativity you have based on what the defense presents."
    I have been looking for that quote for some time.

I think we will see a few deviations from the "line" this year as the players start to recognize what the defense is showing them and what is the acceptable deviation to exploit what they are giving.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

sh01002 is offline Rookie

yeah you are probably right...there are so many runners, it's just a matter of time
    Play in my Vikings fantasy football league!
    http://www.rotohog.com/group/nfl/joinleagues/viewleague?leagueid=9025

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

"At times we have too many line runners. You know that line that you put in the playbook and say, 'This is where you go,"' Childress said. "It's important that they understand the flexibility and creativity that they have along that line. ... When you're thinking about assignment only, you're thinking about that line. You're not taking in what the defense is doing and the creativity you have based on what the defense presents."

I think we will see a few deviations from the "line" this year as the players start to recognize what the defense is showing them and what is the acceptable deviation to exploit what they are giving.

;D
    Just as long as TJ can also adjust and stay on the same page.
    I think it would be better for TJ if the players are where he expects them to be.
    On the other hand, Favre would have no problem as he doesn't really stay with the script anyway.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    I think it would be better for TJ if the players are where he expects them to be.
    On the other hand, Favre would have no problem as he doesn't really stay with the script anyway.
    I agree with you 100% on the TJ comment as we all know how important it is that the WR and the QB both know what the other is doing, however,......

I disagree with you 100% on your Lord Dickhead comment.
    His inability to stick to the script is the primary reason that the PUKERS are ready to move on.
    Why ohhhh why would we (a offense predicated on precision) want to take on that headache?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

If your playcalling is good enough, you put your players in a position to succeed without the need to deviate from the "line".
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    I agree with you 100% on the TJ comment as we all know how important it is that the WR and the QB both know what the other is doing, however,......

I disagree with you 100% on your Lord Dickhead comment.
    His inability to stick to the script is the primary reason that the PUKERS are ready to move on.
    Why ohhhh why would we (a offense predicated on precision) want to take on that headache?

No kidding.

Are we gluttons for punishment or what?

"V" wrote:
    If your playcalling is good enough, you put your players in a position to succeed without the need to deviate from the "line".
    Nice point, problem is, at times you will get to the line with your play and a audible and see something that you didn't expect (but maybe the coaches pointed out in tape/film study) and you deviate a bit from the line.

You need to have that comfort level between the skilled players to not only recognize it, but adjust at the line to that situation.

I really think (hell I know) that stuff takes time and is kindof what the ole Chiller is aluding to in his statement.
    At least that is what the original article was about when he said it the first time.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Smart players make coaches look good. I wonder if we are drafting smart players that it has taken so long for people to decipher the Chilly Runestone.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

i love allison. i hope he beats out ferguson for the 4 spot.

they didn't mention jaymar johnson.. anything happening with him? is it looking like he's going to make the team
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast