Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Steve Smith

  1. #11
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Steve Smith

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    Steve Smith is only as good as his QB.
    If we get to the QB Smith is just another receiver.
    Just look at what is happening to Randy in Oakland.
    His QB sucks and he has been taken out of the offense as a major threat.
    Its all going to come down to the pass rush by our front four.
    Last time I checked, Delhomme was a pretty good QB...he might not get the press...but if that IDIOT KICKER for the Panthers in the Super Bowl wouldn't have shanked that last kick, we would be putting "Super Bowl MVP" in front of Jake's name!
    Cajun's always stick together.
    I like him as QB, solid.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Steve Smith

    I would be shocked if Smith played...
    let the media give credit or not give credit to whom ever they want..
    The wins are the only thing that matters, not the props!

    Carolina's hopes for the year center on the health of their star receiver.
    Second game of the season on CARPET....probably not worth the risk...

    I know Carolina doesnt want to start out the season 0-2....but an 0-2 start can be over come....
    an extended injury to Smith would devestate their season.
    Just my 2 or 3 cents worth.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

  3. #13
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,443

    Re: Steve Smith

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    Steve Smith is only as good as his QB.
    If we get to the QB Smith is just another receiver.
    Just look at what is happening to Randy in Oakland.
    His QB sucks and he has been taken out of the offense as a major threat.
    Its all going to come down to the pass rush by our front four.
    Last time I checked, Delhomme was a pretty good QB...he might not get the press...but if that IDIOT KICKER for the Panthers in the Super Bowl wouldn't have shanked that last kick, we would be putting "Super Bowl MVP" in front of Jake's name!
    Cajun's always stick together.
    I like him as QB, solid.
    Its not that he is not a good QB its whether he has the time to be a good QB.
    I agree with Childress.. "It all starts up front with the line".
    If we can get to him quickly Smith doesn't have the time to get deep.
    Its a matter of the lines.
    The Panthers O line is being patched up because of the injury to Wharton.


    Wharton, a third-round pick in the 2004 draft who started the Panthers' last 28 regular-season games, tore two ligaments in his left knee. That forced the Panthers to shuffle several players along the offensive line to try to contain John Abraham. None of them worked. Abraham had two sacks, knocked down a pass and forced two fumbles, having his way with anyone the Panthers put up against him.
    If we win it will be because we are able to do the same thing that Atlanta did to them.
    ;D

    WWBGD

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    915

    Re: Steve Smith

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    Steve Smith is only as good as his QB.
    If we get to the QB Smith is just another receiver.
    Just look at what is happening to Randy in Oakland.
    His QB sucks and he has been taken out of the offense as a major threat.
    Its all going to come down to the pass rush by our front four.
    Last time I checked, Delhomme was a pretty good QB...he might not get the press...but if that IDIOT KICKER for the Panthers in the Super Bowl wouldn't have shanked that last kick, we would be putting "Super Bowl MVP" in front of Jake's name!
    Cajun's always stick together.
    I like him as QB, solid.
    well yeah, your all related
    You republican whore!

  5. #15
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Steve Smith

    Our new cover two D is going to make Jake have to hold the ball longer, and thats when we get some sacks and turnovers.
    On Offense we will continue to run, run, run, then we will get behind them for a score.
    But S. Smith will play... until the turf aggrivates that hammy. But he will not be single covered in this game.
    With a patchy O-line the panthers will have much trouble with our front four.
    Can you say 2-0. Knew ya could. Skol Vikings.

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Steve Smith

    "Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    I would be shocked if Smith played...
    let the media give credit or not give credit to whom ever they want..
    The wins are the only thing that matters, not the props!

    Carolina's hopes for the year center on the health of their star receiver.
    Second game of the season on CARPET....probably not worth the risk...

    I know Carolina doesnt want to start out the season 0-2....but an 0-2 start can be over come....
    an extended injury to Smith would devestate their season.
    Just my 2 or 3 cents worth.
    I tend to agree with you here.
    The risk to Smith is too great if they rush him back.
    My guess is they will evaluate him today, and if he is not 100% yet he will sit on Sunday.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    UndisputedVike's Avatar
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    748

    Re: Steve Smith

    "spikecyrus" wrote:
    hes still listed as questionable. but if he plays tomlin will have somthing speacial for him.




    vikes fans- good fans,terrible spellers
    Speak for yourself.
    :

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Steve Smith

    From KFFL: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
    Sep 13 Carolina Panthers WR Steve Smith (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday, Sept. 13, and is listed as questionable for Week 2.


    Sep 12 Smith (hamstring) said he didn't know whether or not he would play in Week 2 during an interview on ESPN's "Mike and Mike in the Morning" Tuesday.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Steve Smith

    If he didn't even practice today, I really doubt he will be in the lineup on Sunday.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Steve Smith

    I was reading Paul Zimmerman this morning, and he pointed out that Smith has TWO pulled hammies. Seems pretty unlikely he'll play.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/09/13/week1.rankings.part3/index.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Steve Smith
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 07:14 PM
  2. Steve Smith-USC
    By threepete21 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 12:46 PM
  3. The next Steve Smith???
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 01:34 PM
  4. STEVE SMITH
    By hovan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 02:45 PM
  5. Steve Smith
    By vikings minnesoulija in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 03:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •