Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Loney

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

Re: Steve Loney

I bet when we had our game winning streak going you thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    No, I didn't. You don't know a thing about me.

This team has won games this year not because of Loney, but in spite of him. At no point this year was the offensive playcalling even remotely up to Linehan's level, or even up to the level one can expect from an offensive coordinator at the NFL level. Loney at times resembled a chicken with its head cut off.

As for Brett Favre, I will not claim that he hasn't been an all world QB in the past. This year however, he has made more mental errors than I ever would have thought possible. Perhaps it's due to the fact that he has almost no weapons aroujnd him yet is continuing to try to force the ball into situations where a Javon Walker or a Ahman Green might be able to snatch it away. Whatever the reason, he has made far too many mistakes this year to be considered anything beyond a disappointment, at least for this year. The Packers have lost games this year because of Brett Favre; smething that is unique to this year in Favre's career.

freaky is offline Starter

take away those guards, plus many of his weapons & is it any wonder...we lost moss & birk & daunte suddenly looked pretty dismal too...protection is everything...

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

well.. as for playcalling...

someone needs to remember we have TE's..
    we have 3 rb's with different styles.. (why not call running plays based on their styles?) ok even if you did this u'd have to mix them up other wise D's know what's coming.. but it offers to you a much greater play action (which was the O's bread & butter this year) which u can't sell if there is no run..

keep tice.. new O-C!!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Not at anytime have I thought Looney was worth anything.There is no salary cap for coaches,go out and get some good ones..
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12