Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Loney

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

Steve Loney

You have made a mockery of the offensive coordinator position this year. In no way, shape, or form were you ever qualified for the job, and after watching you blunder your way through this season, I'm not convinced you should legally retain the right to have anything whatsoever to do with the sport of football. You were, in fact, a colossal cost-cutting mistake that resulted from a man so cheap he couldn't even buy a clue as to how awful you really are. Times have changed Steve. We have a new, vibrant owner who is willing to spend money on this team. A team that in the near future will not include you.

Farewell Steve. You and your ineptitude will not be missed. Perhaps you should put in a call to Mike Sherman, who I believe is a big fan of ineptitude, having started it at quarterback for 15 games this season.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Steve Loney

Favre is getting old and has made quite a few mistakes this season (24Int's) but when you look around him and what he had to work with, i would not blame it on him, he still made it into the top 10 QB's in the NFL in both passing yards and TD's. With the injuries they've had at the WR position you have to wonder how many of those int's were due to mistakes from the lesser experienced receivers running bad routes...etc...
    ;-)

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

he will be back for the oline not for o-co.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    Favre is getting old and has made quite a few mistakes this season (24Int's) but when you look around him and what he had to work with, i would not blame it on him, he still made it into the top 10 QB's in the NFL in both passing yards and TD's. With the injuries they've had at the WR position you have to wonder how many of those int's were due to mistakes from the lesser experienced receivers running bad routes...etc...
    yeah brett farve never did anything without being surrounded with superstars and he gets all the credit. now that he sucks people blame the rest of the team
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:
    yeah brett farve never did anything without being surrounded with superstars and he gets all the credit. now that he sucks people blame the rest of the team
    Every team needs to be healthy to do well. Just take the pats this year, at the beginning they were hurt by injuries and everyone counted them out, now they're healthy and posing what i think is a serious threat in the AFC. One player can't do everything for a team, whether it be for winning or losing.

As a viking fan i hate favre too, but at the same time it's tough to look at the numbers and the situations and say that he sucks.
    ;-)

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    "MrGopher16" wrote:
    Every team needs to be healthy to do well. Just take the pats this year, at the beginning they were hurt by injuries and everyone counted them out, now they're healthy and posing what i think is a serious threat in the AFC. One player can't do everything for a team, whether it be for winning or losing.

As a viking fan i hate favre too, but at the same time it's tough to look at the numbers and the situations and say that he sucks.
    Its not hard this year! :wink:

haha yeah i'm gonna stop talking about that now i think...

pretty soon people are gonna get the idea that i'm a sympathizer for the cheeseheads and then i'll be branded a traitor.

That's the LAST thing i want.
    ;-)

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"PurpleAndy" wrote:
    You have made a mockery of the offensive coordinator position this year. In no way, shape, or form were you ever qualified for the job, and after watching you blunder your way through this season, I'm not convinced you should legally retain the right to have anything whatsoever to do with the sport of football. You were, in fact, a colossal cost-cutting mistake that resulted from a man so cheap he couldn't even buy a clue as to how awful you really are. Times have changed Steve. We have a new, vibrant owner who is willing to spend money on this team. A team that in the near future will not include you.

Farewell Steve. You and your ineptitude will not be missed. Perhaps you should put in a call to Mike Sherman, who I believe is a big fan of ineptitude, having started it at quarterback for 15 games this season.
    I bet when we had our game winning streak going you thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler

I think Loney will be gone after this year. The offense has not performed up to potential even after C-pep was gone. Who do we look for though is another question.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

OK I pbvious;y have been pushing for Tice to get fired, but I will admit that we can also gain from getting new coordinators as well. HC, OC, and DC all need to go. I don't understand how Cottrell ever succeeded in Buffalo. Loney should have never been offered the job in the first place.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast