Thread: A step forward?

speedy is offline Training Camp

A step forward?

I guess finishing 9-9 and winning a playoff game (Outside, on the road and in GB) is a step forward but we should have won this game. We had the ball inside the Eagles 40 yard line at least 6 times but only scored 14 points. We had several oportunities to score but didn't execute well which includes taking 4:40 to score their second touchdown when we were down by 20 points. In my opinion, as the leader of this team, Culpepper has to take a lot of the blame for this game and season. In both games against the Eagles this year, Dante commited turnovers at crucial times and just hasn't been able to get the job done. He's a great QB with the ability to become the best in the league but he has to step it up next year and prove that he's a winner.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

A step forward?

this entire game we looked lazy and sloppy. Daunte should take blame much like everyone else on all sides of the ball. We should not have won this game because we made more mistakes.they won because their d dominated the line all game. "games are won in the trenches" and that happened today
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

A step forward?

This was a team game, everybody takes the blame. Yes, it was a step forward. Last year no playoffs, this year wild card, and next year Division Champs!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

A step forward?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    This was a team game, everybody takes the blame. Yes, it was a step forward. Last year no playoffs, this year wild card, and next year Division Champs!
    Correction, next year Super Bowl!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: A step forward?

"speedy" wrote:
    I guess finishing 9-9 and winning a playoff game (Outside, on the road and in GB) is a step forward but we should have won this game. We had the ball inside the Eagles 40 yard line at least 6 times but only scored 14 points. We had several oportunities to score but didn't execute well which includes taking 4:40 to score their second touchdown when we were down by 20 points. In my opinion, as the leader of this team, Culpepper has to take a lot of the blame for this game and season. In both games against the Eagles this year, Dante commited turnovers at crucial times and just hasn't been able to get the job done. He's a great QB with the ability to become the best in the league but he has to step it up next year and prove that he's a winner.
    Once he gets a little better D and gets the receivers to catch a few hard balls (they dropped alot of catchable ones today), Daunte will win the close ones...and automatically he will become a winner...in the media's eyes anyway...as far as my opinion of him, he did win the game last week, didn't he...and I would say that it was a big game for the team to win!

BTW speedy, I used to live in Ventura back in the day...I really liked the area and wish that I could go back there some day!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

A step forward?

I disagree about Daunte, he did make some mistakes out there today but his outstanding season is one of the reasons we even made it this far. The offense did sputter a lot and had some poor execution but the WHOLE team lost us this game.

The defense looked lost out there in the first half, played better in the second but you just can't fall behind early like that to the Eagles, in their place.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

A step forward?

The most frustrating thing for me today was the horrible job of reading the blitzes and the even worse job of picking the blitzes up! I think we did a pretty good job today, but we had no shot at stopping their blitzes when we can't even put a man on everyone!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

speedy is offline Training Camp

A step forward?

I agree that Dante doesn't have a great team to work with but there have been a lot of times that he seemed to lose his poise. Several games this year including both Green Bay games they started well but forgot to keep scoring in the second half. The second int today killed a drive that could have brought them to within 7 points.

Yeah Cajunvike, it is a great area. I'm watching the snowy NE-Indy game barefoot, in shorts, no shirt (not a pretty site I'm sure) with the windows open. It must be close to 80 degrees today.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

A step forward?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Correction, next year Super Bowl!!!
    I did not want to get too far ahead of myself Cajun. I'll start thinking about that soon though!