Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Steelers @ Vikings - tailgate?

    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Z is right.
    There is unfortunately no tailgating for preseason games.

    THERE IS TAILGATING FOR PRE-SEASON GAMES ! Well "REAL TAILGATING" anyway.
    The fact is, if you rely on a "corporate sponsered" tailgate at the plaza, IT'S NOT A TAILGATE !! You can tailgate on your own.In fact, you SHOULD be doing your own party ! Bring your grill, coolers, ez up's, and chairs. There are scattered parking lots within view of the Dome. Now contrary to popular belief, the parking situation for the Dome is NOT like MOST stadiums that have ONE HUGE parking lot surrounding
    their stadium .And for the past few seasons the parking lots have steadily been disappearing for construction, especially along Washington Blvd.That being said, if you get there early enough, finding a spot to park will be easy. A "TAILGATE PARTY" is NOT a corporate event !!!! Gimme' a break. I fly up there EVERY year, and for 12 straight seasons I flew up to MN for training camp, and a pre-season game at the Dome, and WE ALWAYS TAILGATED before the game. Go to the market, stock up your drinks and what you wanna grill and go for broke !!!
    SKOL !!!!
    Never mind that pesky Minneapolis ordinance against open containers in public...

    Yeah, there are some lots around where people will be tailgating.
    Some of them are privately owned, so they are fine to tailgate in, but hard to get.
    It is also pretty hard to get a large group together for tailgating if you don't know where you will be...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    sh01002 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    75

    Re: Steelers @ Vikings - tailgate?

    the Steelers are probably the second most rowdy fans behind us of course, but they're all still little b*tch*s
    Play in my Vikings fantasy football league!
    http://www.rotohog.com/group/nfl/joinleagues/viewleague?leagueid=9025

  3. #13
    DJ Ntrikit is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    23

    Re: Steelers @ Vikings - tailgate?

    "sh01002" wrote:
    the Steelers are probably the second most rowdy fans behind us of course, but they're all still little b*tch*s
    The Steelers fans are not even in the same league as the Eagles fans.
    Eagles fans are sub-human.

    I wouldn't go to another Vikings @ Eagles game even if they were handing out $100 bills at the gates.

    In the many Steelers games I've attended, I've found their fans to be quite decent.


  4. #14
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Steelers @ Vikings - tailgate?

    "DJ" wrote:
    "sh01002" wrote:
    the Steelers are probably the second most rowdy fans behind us of course, but they're all still little b*tch*s
    The Steelers fans are not even in the same league as the Eagles fans.
    Eagles fans are sub-human.

    I wouldn't go to another Vikings @ Eagles game even if they were handing out $100 bills at the gates.

    In the many Steelers games I've attended, I've found their fans to be quite decent.
    Have you ever seen them in the Metrodome before? In 2005 the ones I sat by were quite obnoxious. They bused in several bus loads of fans.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Steelers @ Vikings - tailgate?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Z is right.
    There is unfortunately no tailgating for preseason games.

    THERE IS TAILGATING FOR PRE-SEASON GAMES ! Well "REAL TAILGATING" anyway.
    The fact is, if you rely on a "corporate sponsered" tailgate at the plaza, IT'S NOT A TAILGATE !! You can tailgate on your own.In fact, you SHOULD be doing your own party ! Bring your grill, coolers, ez up's, and chairs. There are scattered parking lots within view of the Dome. Now contrary to popular belief, the parking situation for the Dome is NOT like MOST stadiums that have ONE HUGE parking lot surrounding
    their stadium .And for the past few seasons the parking lots have steadily been disappearing for construction, especially along Washington Blvd.That being said, if you get there early enough, finding a spot to park will be easy. A "TAILGATE PARTY" is NOT a corporate event !!!! Gimme' a break. I fly up there EVERY year, and for 12 straight seasons I flew up to MN for training camp, and a pre-season game at the Dome, and WE ALWAYS TAILGATED before the game. Go to the market, stock up your drinks and what you wanna grill and go for broke !!!
    SKOL !!!!
    Never mind that pesky Minneapolis ordinance against open containers in public...

    Yeah, there are some lots around where people will be tailgating.
    Some of them are privately owned, so they are fine to tailgate in, but hard to get.
    It is also pretty hard to get a large group together for tailgating if you don't know where you will be...
    The cops will only cite the really DRUNK folks. There not gonna hassle you. I always have beers at my tailgates and NEVER had any problems. The cops know people are drinking, they just want people to show some control.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold



    Thanks to PPE for sig

  6. #16
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Steelers @ Vikings - tailgate?

    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Z is right.
    There is unfortunately no tailgating for preseason games.

    THERE IS TAILGATING FOR PRE-SEASON GAMES ! Well "REAL TAILGATING" anyway.
    The fact is, if you rely on a "corporate sponsered" tailgate at the plaza, IT'S NOT A TAILGATE !! You can tailgate on your own.In fact, you SHOULD be doing your own party ! Bring your grill, coolers, ez up's, and chairs. There are scattered parking lots within view of the Dome. Now contrary to popular belief, the parking situation for the Dome is NOT like MOST stadiums that have ONE HUGE parking lot surrounding
    their stadium .And for the past few seasons the parking lots have steadily been disappearing for construction, especially along Washington Blvd.That being said, if you get there early enough, finding a spot to park will be easy. A "TAILGATE PARTY" is NOT a corporate event !!!! Gimme' a break. I fly up there EVERY year, and for 12 straight seasons I flew up to MN for training camp, and a pre-season game at the Dome, and WE ALWAYS TAILGATED before the game. Go to the market, stock up your drinks and what you wanna grill and go for broke !!!
    SKOL !!!!
    Never mind that pesky Minneapolis ordinance against open containers in public...

    Yeah, there are some lots around where people will be tailgating.
    Some of them are privately owned, so they are fine to tailgate in, but hard to get.
    It is also pretty hard to get a large group together for tailgating if you don't know where you will be...
    The cops will only cite the really DRUNK folks. There not gonna hassle you. I always have beers at my tailgates and NEVER had any problems. The cops know people are drinking, they just want people to show some control.
    The lot near Steve and Someotherdude's Mobil gas station is a private lot from what I can tell...and they always have tailgaters.
    That's where 100% Cheese Free tailgates and even though you may not park there, if you walk over, those guys will probably have no problem with you being there.
    purplepat took me there last year because he had friends there...and I actually ended up knowing someone who was there from Washington DC.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Steelers @ Vikings - tailgate?

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Z is right.
    There is unfortunately no tailgating for preseason games.

    THERE IS TAILGATING FOR PRE-SEASON GAMES ! Well "REAL TAILGATING" anyway.
    The fact is, if you rely on a "corporate sponsered" tailgate at the plaza, IT'S NOT A TAILGATE !! You can tailgate on your own.In fact, you SHOULD be doing your own party ! Bring your grill, coolers, ez up's, and chairs. There are scattered parking lots within view of the Dome. Now contrary to popular belief, the parking situation for the Dome is NOT like MOST stadiums that have ONE HUGE parking lot surrounding
    their stadium .And for the past few seasons the parking lots have steadily been disappearing for construction, especially along Washington Blvd.That being said, if you get there early enough, finding a spot to park will be easy. A "TAILGATE PARTY" is NOT a corporate event !!!! Gimme' a break. I fly up there EVERY year, and for 12 straight seasons I flew up to MN for training camp, and a pre-season game at the Dome, and WE ALWAYS TAILGATED before the game. Go to the market, stock up your drinks and what you wanna grill and go for broke !!!
    SKOL !!!!
    Never mind that pesky Minneapolis ordinance against open containers in public...

    Yeah, there are some lots around where people will be tailgating.
    Some of them are privately owned, so they are fine to tailgate in, but hard to get.
    It is also pretty hard to get a large group together for tailgating if you don't know where you will be...
    The cops will only cite the really DRUNK folks. There not gonna hassle you. I always have beers at my tailgates and NEVER had any problems. The cops know people are drinking, they just want people to show some control.
    The lot near Steve and Someotherdude's Mobil gas station is a private lot from what I can tell...and they always have tailgaters.
    That's where 100% Cheese Free tailgates and even though you may not park there, if you walk over, those guys will probably have no problem with you being there.
    purplepat took me there last year because he had friends there...and I actually ended up knowing someone who was there from Washington DC.
    That is the PurpleArmy crew.
    I have tailgated with them several times as well.
    Very good group of people.
    http://www.purplearmy.com/
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Steelers @ Vikings - tailgate?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    That is the PurpleArmy crew.
    I have tailgated with them several times as well.
    Very good group of people.
    http://www.purplearmy.com/
    !!!


    You cheated on us with Sid?

    Don't tell me you took him some JELLO SHOTS!!!!!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    DJ Ntrikit is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    23

    Re: Steelers @ Vikings - tailgate?

    I am coming in from PA, and we have some wacky alcohol laws.
    Can you buy cases of beer at your supermarkets?
    We can't, but you can in MD and West Virginia.

    Also, I read that out of town Vikings fans are encouraged to bring their 'local brew'.
    I live near Pittsburgh, so our local brew is Iron City.
    Problem:
    We are playing the Steelers, and I don't want to bring 'Steelers Brew' to a Vikings game.
    Should I bring Yuengling enstead?
    It's brewed near Philly.

    SKOL!!!!!!

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Steelers @ Vikings - tailgate?

    "DJ" wrote:
    I am coming in from PA, and we have some wacky alcohol laws.
    Can you buy cases of beer at your supermarkets?
    We can't, but you can in MD and West Virginia.

    Also, I read that out of town Vikings fans are encouraged to bring their 'local brew'.
    I live near Pittsburgh, so our local brew is Iron City.
    Problem:
    We are playing the Steelers, and I don't want to bring 'Steelers Brew' to a Vikings game.
    Should I bring Yuengling enstead?
    It's brewed near Philly.

    SKOL!!!!!!
    Whatever you bring, I'm sure will get drank as long as it's cold.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings @ Lambeau: Who's going and Tailgate Info
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 06:50 AM
  2. Screw a PP.O Tailgate Bus! Webby needs to get a PP.O Tailgate Truck
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 06:38 PM
  3. OFFICIAL Vikings vs. Steelers Preseason Game Tailgate Thread
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 08:32 AM
  4. PP.O Tailgate Party - Vikings vs. Eagles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 06:51 PM
  5. Vikings tailgate party in Buffalo Oct 1st
    By Top_Speed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 02:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •