Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is online now Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Steelers @ Vikings - tailgate?

"vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Z is right.
    There is unfortunately no tailgating for preseason games.

THERE IS TAILGATING FOR PRE-SEASON GAMES ! Well "REAL TAILGATING" anyway.
    The fact is, if you rely on a "corporate sponsered" tailgate at the plaza, IT'S NOT A TAILGATE !! You can tailgate on your own.In fact, you SHOULD be doing your own party ! Bring your grill, coolers, ez up's, and chairs. There are scattered parking lots within view of the Dome. Now contrary to popular belief, the parking situation for the Dome is NOT like MOST stadiums that have ONE HUGE parking lot surrounding
    their stadium .And for the past few seasons the parking lots have steadily been disappearing for construction, especially along Washington Blvd.That being said, if you get there early enough, finding a spot to park will be easy. A "TAILGATE PARTY" is NOT a corporate event !!!! Gimme' a break. I fly up there EVERY year, and for 12 straight seasons I flew up to MN for training camp, and a pre-season game at the Dome, and WE ALWAYS TAILGATED before the game. Go to the market, stock up your drinks and what you wanna grill and go for broke !!!
    SKOL !!!!
    Never mind that pesky Minneapolis ordinance against open containers in public...

Yeah, there are some lots around where people will be tailgating.
    Some of them are privately owned, so they are fine to tailgate in, but hard to get.
    It is also pretty hard to get a large group together for tailgating if you don't know where you will be...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

sh01002 is offline Rookie

the Steelers are probably the second most rowdy fans behind us of course, but they're all still little b*tch*s
    Play in my Vikings fantasy football league!
    http://www.rotohog.com/group/nfl/joinleagues/viewleague?leagueid=9025

DJ Ntrikit is offline Training Camp

"sh01002" wrote:
    the Steelers are probably the second most rowdy fans behind us of course, but they're all still little b*tch*s
    The Steelers fans are not even in the same league as the Eagles fans.
    Eagles fans are sub-human.

I wouldn't go to another Vikings @ Eagles game even if they were handing out $100 bills at the gates.

In the many Steelers games I've attended, I've found their fans to be quite decent.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"DJ" wrote:
    "sh01002" wrote:
    The Steelers fans are not even in the same league as the Eagles fans.
    Eagles fans are sub-human.

I wouldn't go to another Vikings @ Eagles game even if they were handing out $100 bills at the gates.

In the many Steelers games I've attended, I've found their fans to be quite decent.
    Have you ever seen them in the Metrodome before? In 2005 the ones I sat by were quite obnoxious. They bused in several bus loads of fans.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Z is right.

The fact is, if you rely on a "corporate sponsered" tailgate at the plaza, IT'S NOT A TAILGATE !! You can tailgate on your own.In fact, you SHOULD be doing your own party ! Bring your grill, coolers, ez up's, and chairs. There are scattered parking lots within view of the Dome. Now contrary to popular belief, the parking situation for the Dome is NOT like MOST stadiums that have ONE HUGE parking lot surrounding
    their stadium .And for the past few seasons the parking lots have steadily been disappearing for construction, especially along Washington Blvd.That being said, if you get there early enough, finding a spot to park will be easy. A "TAILGATE PARTY" is NOT a corporate event !!!! Gimme' a break. I fly up there EVERY year, and for 12 straight seasons I flew up to MN for training camp, and a pre-season game at the Dome, and WE ALWAYS TAILGATED before the game. Go to the market, stock up your drinks and what you wanna grill and go for broke !!!
    SKOL !!!!
    Never mind that pesky Minneapolis ordinance against open containers in public...

Some of them are privately owned, so they are fine to tailgate in, but hard to get.
    It is also pretty hard to get a large group together for tailgating if you don't know where you will be...
    The cops will only cite the really DRUNK folks. There not gonna hassle you. I always have beers at my tailgates and NEVER had any problems. The cops know people are drinking, they just want people to show some control.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Z is right.

SKOL !!!!

The cops will only cite the really DRUNK folks. There not gonna hassle you. I always have beers at my tailgates and NEVER had any problems. The cops know people are drinking, they just want people to show some control.
    The lot near Steve and Someotherdude's Mobil gas station is a private lot from what I can tell...and they always have tailgaters.
    That's where 100% Cheese Free tailgates and even though you may not park there, if you walk over, those guys will probably have no problem with you being there.
    purplepat took me there last year because he had friends there...and I actually ended up knowing someone who was there from Washington DC.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is online now Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Z is right.

SKOL !!!!

The lot near Steve and Someotherdude's Mobil gas station is a private lot from what I can tell...and they always have tailgaters.
    That's where 100% Cheese Free tailgates and even though you may not park there, if you walk over, those guys will probably have no problem with you being there.
    purplepat took me there last year because he had friends there...and I actually ended up knowing someone who was there from Washington DC.
    That is the PurpleArmy crew.
    I have tailgated with them several times as well.
    Very good group of people.
    http://www.purplearmy.com/
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    That is the PurpleArmy crew.
    I have tailgated with them several times as well.
    Very good group of people.
    http://www.purplearmy.com/
    !!!

You cheated on us with Sid?

Don't tell me you took him some JELLO SHOTS!!!!!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

DJ Ntrikit is offline Training Camp

I am coming in from PA, and we have some wacky alcohol laws.
    Can you buy cases of beer at your supermarkets?
    We can't, but you can in MD and West Virginia.

Also, I read that out of town Vikings fans are encouraged to bring their 'local brew'.
    I live near Pittsburgh, so our local brew is Iron City.
    Problem:
    We are playing the Steelers, and I don't want to bring 'Steelers Brew' to a Vikings game.
    Should I bring Yuengling enstead?
    It's brewed near Philly.

SKOL!!!!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"DJ" wrote:
    I am coming in from PA, and we have some wacky alcohol laws.
    Can you buy cases of beer at your supermarkets?
    We can't, but you can in MD and West Virginia.

Also, I read that out of town Vikings fans are encouraged to bring their 'local brew'.
    I live near Pittsburgh, so our local brew is Iron City.
    Problem:
    We are playing the Steelers, and I don't want to bring 'Steelers Brew' to a Vikings game.
    Should I bring Yuengling enstead?
    It's brewed near Philly.

SKOL!!!!!!
    Whatever you bring, I'm sure will get drank as long as it's cold.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast