Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    as the saying goes " there are lies, damn lies and statistics " - so you can present them in whatever way will support your leaning whether it is Ponder or Cassel.
    What was could be seen, whether people want to admit or not, is that the confidence level was up with both the team and watching fans. I cannot believe that people watching did not sit there and not feel that we were going to be able to move the ball - which has not been the case over the first three games of the season.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Well, we won, we beat Tomlin and it looks like we have a serviceable QB on the team.

Nice way to end a game for a change.

Side note- Since we sent Simmons to sing our anthem it would have been nice for them to have Halford or Ozzy sing theirs.
    Neither has the voice left, and Bruce Dickinson is on tour in South America.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I give our D a TINY bit of credit. Near the end of the game, down 10 points, we managed to force the Steelers to kick the field goal rather than score the TD. If they score a TD that drive, I have no doubt in my mind we lose. We made them kick, forcing the final drive to be a TD or lose.
    And we did get the stop on the final drive too.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    If they stick with Ponder for the next game I might have to sell my tickets. Not that I wouldn't root for the Vikings, but the boos for Ponder might bring the roof down.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I read a more in depth review of Cassell from PFF and they actually gave him a pretty bad grade. Worse than any of Ponder's performance's this year. Even though he had a QBR of 123 and averaged close to 10 YPA. A lot of that was due to the higher grading of the OL leading to a lack of pressure on Cassell vs Ponder and the amount of YAC that as you can read above.
    WTF? Anyone with at least 1 eye will say that's complete BS. I would say their "system" is more than a little flawed. Cassel was making quick reads, getting rid of the ball quick, threw the ball hard, and either gave the receivers time to make a play, or hit them in stride so they could get some YAC. Cassel made the WHOLE offense look better. Wow it blows me away that anyone could suggest his performance was worse than all 3 Ponder starts. I guess their system grades "almost turnovers" worse than actual turnovers. Do they only have Packer fans working there?

Just heard on the news Frazier named Cassel the starter vs the Panthers. They also said AD said Cassel was more vocal in the huddle, and Jennings was impressed with his poise. Yeah sounds like the whole team was getting fed up with Ponder. So do we have an official ceremony for the end of the Ponder era?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Ok., so first they attribute the 123 QBR to better line play only to go on and say Cassel got rid of the ball faster than Ponder which helped minimize the pressure.

Seems a bit of a contradiction.

The eyeball test said Cassel was rusty and had some early throws that should have been picks. He also had the fumble the Vikings recovered as well.
    While he may have had some rusty throws that could have been picks, then one should also be able to say he had some rusty throws that could have been TD's, like the pass to Flash in the endzone.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    They do if you're trying to judge how good a quarterback was. As much as the Ponder-haters want to fight it, the reality is that his performance was Ponder-esc, but he happened to get lucky on a few plays.
    Lets not forget Ponder has had several balls thrown that could have been INT's as well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    The one thing this analysis did not seem to quantify is, for the first time this season, the Vikings played like a TEAM. They all seemed more energized, and people where doing the Warren Sapp ideology..."Do what YOU do, be where YOU are supposed to be."

The Rock said it better tho..."Know your role and SHUT YOUR MOUTH." That is what Cassel ultimately brought to this team. Now, if he plays next game and they look the same, I cannot for the life of me think of a justification in putting Ponder back in.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    The one thing this analysis did not seem to quantify is, for the first time this season, the Vikings played like a TEAM. They all seemed more energized, and people where doing the Warren Sapp ideology..."Do what YOU do, be where YOU are supposed to be."

The Rock said it better tho..."Know your role and SHUT YOUR MOUTH." That is what Cassel ultimately brought to this team. Now, if he plays next game and they look the same, I cannot for the life of me think of a justification in putting Ponder back in.
    Ponder, Cassel - hell, MBT! Won't matter a damn bit if the Vikings' D can't start stopping people.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

TeamSoftware is offline Rookie
    I watch the Vikings because football is fun to watch and I am from MN. Ponder and Frazier have no fire, which makes the games less fun. At least with Cassel there was a sense of urgency you could see in the players which made the game at least fun to watch.

Even my wife said the game was fun to watch again.

--Scott

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast