Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    My observations;

1. Phil Simms is an idiot.

2. Defense was great for 3 quarters, but can seem to stop anybody whwn it really counts. We got lucky on Pitt's last drive.

3. Offense needs to realize #2 above and go for the throat. FG's and 3 and outs aren't going to get it .

4. I thought Josh Robinson had a good game. Winfield-esque tackling.

5. Cassel > Ponder
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    Bye the way I am no 3-0 watching the Vikings play, they should pay me to watch :-)
    Sorry to say but, i chimed in on ppo chat for a little and i was naked, that always does the trick...Win!

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Considering Cassel only had a few days to get in sync with the starting WR's & TE's as opposed to Ponder who has had all year with Jennings & 2 years with others, it's understandable why he missed a few receivers in the game. He did however make all of his last 11 passes.
    This.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Robinson may be a good tackler but he can't cover worth a spit. I saw him get torched a few times. We were very fortunate to win after the offense couldn't finish and the defense almost collapsed once again during crunch time.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    So that's what an NFL offense looks like...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well ,to be fair this wasn't necessarily what an NFL offense needs to look like but it is an improvement. I am not sure that is any more of an endorsement of Cassel as it is a testament of what too many years of ponder and Jackson have done to the fan base and their image of a passing game.

In the end if there is a lesson to be learned for the coaches and front office it should be that they should never again allow a position to be given to a player without them winning it outright by their play on the field. We endured a half decade of that with Jackson and now are into 3 more with Ponder and to be honest that is more than enough. I believe they need to bring in QB's as fast and as long as it takes until they find one that can be what they need and until then I hope they never, ever make the starter feel like they can't be replaced.

TeamSoftware is offline Rookie
    I thought it was interesting Cassel was not covered in grass stains like everyone else. Either the O-line step it up a LOT, Cassel made quicker decisions, or a combination of the two.

That and my wife actually said this is the first fun game we watched this year. The other games seemed like the Vikings were playing at half speed, or half a sleep.

--Scott

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    Sorry to say but, i chimed in on ppo chat for a little and i was naked, that always does the trick...Win!
    Okay, Okay you win
    Purple till i die

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamSoftware View Post
    I thought it was interesting Cassel was not covered in grass stains like everyone else. Either the O-line step it up a LOT, Cassel made quicker decisions, or a combination of the two.
    Combination of both. Also, another thing is that the passing game beyond 10 yards has become relevant again. Teams can't stack the box and play inside of 10 yards like they have with Ponder. When they have single-high Safety, we can hit a guy deeper. Ponder has not been able to do that, so teams challenge him. That's why SOMETIMES, he has hit guys deep. More often than not, he's nowhere close. This also brought play action back to relevance. Guys playing back let AP get loose underneath, guys playing in gave AP the chance to bust a long one, and got us some downfield pass plays.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Frazier says Ponder is our quarterback. I do not get it!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast