Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Steelers post game thread

Well, we won, we beat Tomlin and it looks like we have a serviceable QB on the team.

Nice way to end a game for a change.

Side note- Since we sent Simmons to sing our anthem it would have been nice for them to have Halford or Ozzy sing theirs.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Cassell wasn't great but definitely better than Ponder. Soooo we'll probably switch back to Ponder in two weeks. Thought for sure the defense was going to give up a touchdown on that last Steeler drive.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Yeah Cassel didn't light up the stat sheet, but good golly he looked so much better. Let me see, he was making quicker decisions, getting rid of the ball quickly, putting the ball where only the receiver could get it, was hitting receivers in stride, threw every pass hard, was getting the ball to receivers quickly so they had time to make a move, didn't need to roll out, stood in the pocket, didn't get happy feet, had poise, scanned the field well, didn't stare down receivers, and never threw a floater. In other words, nothing like Ponder.

Seriously when was the last time you saw our receivers running after the catch that wasn't a screen pass? No roll outs, and our O-line suddenly looked awesome. The Steelers had 1 sack and that was when Cassel took off to run up the middle and then fumbled for a first down.

And not to get all negative after a huge win, but Frazier and both coordinators need to be left in London. Fired right now. Our team is so talented we overcame the incompetence of these 3 stooges. 3 games in row we almost blew the exact same way. I was expecting a TE to catch the game tying TD there at the end.

Tell me you weren't feeling deja vu when we ran the ball on 3rd down at the end instead of going with PA and the hot hand to pick up the first and win the game on offense? I mean holy fuck balls, at what point does the light bulb go on with these moron coaches and this conservative BS? 17 point lead almost blown because we're more concerned with the clock and the opponents timeouts.

And for the love of god, can we cover the middle of the field? Just once? I swear Roethlisberger was 29/31 over the middle and 7/20 everywhere else. Cutler is the only QB that hasn't gone for 350 against our cover 0 and he had 290. Well Hoyer had 321, but good grief our pass defense is going to set records for all time futility.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Almost exactly like the last two weeks. The biggest difference was that Cassel's fumble was recovered for a first down instead of a turnover, and of course the defense finally making a stop at the end.

Cassel was not very good. He had a couple of nice throws, but most of the time he was all over the place. His deep balls were way off, one of which was straight into the arms of the defender. His stats don't show how bad he was, thanks to Jennings 70 run after a five yard pass as well as the dropped int.

- The offensive line played really well for the first time this season, which gave AD a chance to do what he does
    - Robinson is still awful
    - Our defensive line looked decent

Overall, I'm glad we finally got a win, although I'm not glad that we'll have to hear how amazing Cassel was after a mediocre performance. Too bad we blew the previous two in basically the same circumstance.

Oh and if you haven't heard, our genius head coach has already declared Ponder the starter when he's healthy. And he needs to look at the film to see if Cassel really played better than Ponder.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Steelers lose a few more games, we lose a few more games, Tomlin gets fired, Frazier gets fired, and we go get Tomlin. I smell a Super Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    Cassel was not very good. He had a couple of nice throws, but most of the time he was all over the place. His deep balls were way off, one of which was straight into the arms of the defender. His stats don't show how bad he was, thanks to Jennings 70 run after a five yard pass as well as the dropped int.
    Are you kidding me? He delivered a quick hard pass to Jennings which gave Jennings time to make a move on the defender. If Ponder throws that pass it's late or floated and the defender has time to recover or make a play. That's a huge difference. All the yards after catch today were in large part due to Cassel and his quick decisive passing. Yeah he had some errant passes early, but he was rusty, and just needed to settle down. After starting 4/11 he finished 12/14. He just looks so much more like a pro QB than Ponder. It's really night and day even though the stats don't show it.

And I forgot, 2 TD passes to WR's today. 0 by Ponder all season.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    How can people say Cassel played "ok" or "not bad"? He played great. Exactly what we need from our QB. We aren't going to have a 500 yard 5TD passer. We need a game manager. Quick throws, first down conversions, and most importantly, a leader. The team looked different in response to the QB. People are so quick to pat Ponder on the back when he does something simple. Cassel made few mistakes and got us a W. give credit where it is due.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Cassel is better on the stat sheet and with the eye test. If Frazier is willing to cost himself his job by going back to Ponder, that makes him an idiot.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast