Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Steelers Fan in the House

"SteelerFan" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "TIMEsteelersfan" wrote:
    Oh Yeah Buddy! This game should be a playoff atmosphere. We both need it badly, and we'll see who takes it. I can't say I believe your receivers will have a breakout game against the Pittsburgh Defense. We're the best you guys have faced in months.
    Of course, being a Vikings fan, I'm looking at how the Vikes could pull off a win. I'm assuming our running game will be marginal and the short-passes will be the substitute. The WRs in MN are underrated. Burleson, our theoretical #1 has done nothing all season. Johnson has it in him to get a ball deep, contrary to the experts opinions. The weakest link in the Steelers D appears to be in their secondary. I'm excited to see how the team is going to perform against a decent team. It will be a war and the playoff atmosphere is already permeating the stadium. Excuse me while I slam my head into the wall a few times, I can't wait for kickoff.
    :shock: But being SECOND in the league with 49 sacks given up, how do you plan to allow Brad enough time to FIND a deep receiver? I'm sorry, but I DON'T think that Brad and your corps of receivers are the same as Peyton Manning and the Colts OR Carson Palmer and the Bengals...it takes groups of that caliber to effectively pass against us for a W in 2 of our 5 losses this year. Just an observation, but I don't think your pass O is THAT good. AND you have NOT faced a rushing D as good as the Steelers this year.......not going to be nearly as easy as you think....
    Better to take the sack than to throw the pick...all in all, not the MOST desireable outcome, but one that obviously hasn't hurt us that much (see: 6 game winning streak). The GOOD teams win the games that they are SUPPOSED to win...we have done just that...that makes us GOOD. Pittsburgh has lost to the Browns...a game that they were supposed to win...that makes them not as good. Simplistic, yes...but it is in our favor, so I will take it. In reality, it will be a good game...but don't count out the Vikings...they are in their element (Dome) and have proven that they have been able to win games no matter the situation (away games outdoors)...this says alot about the attitudes of the players...and they will have plenty to prove come Sunday! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Actually, Pittsburgh lost to Baltimore with Tommy Maddox at the helm.

BTW... we hammered Cleveland.

Prophet Guest

"SteelerFan" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "TIMEsteelersfan" wrote:
    Oh Yeah Buddy! This game should be a playoff atmosphere. We both need it badly, and we'll see who takes it. I can't say I believe your receivers will have a breakout game against the Pittsburgh Defense. We're the best you guys have faced in months.
    Of course, being a Vikings fan, I'm looking at how the Vikes could pull off a win. I'm assuming our running game will be marginal and the short-passes will be the substitute. The WRs in MN are underrated. Burleson, our theoretical #1 has done nothing all season. Johnson has it in him to get a ball deep, contrary to the experts opinions. The weakest link in the Steelers D appears to be in their secondary. I'm excited to see how the team is going to perform against a decent team. It will be a war and the playoff atmosphere is already permeating the stadium. Excuse me while I slam my head into the wall a few times, I can't wait for kickoff.
    :shock: But being SECOND in the league with 49 sacks given up, how do you plan to allow Brad enough time to FIND a deep receiver? I'm sorry, but I DON'T think that Brad and your corps of receivers are the same as Peyton Manning and the Colts OR Carson Palmer and the Bengals...it takes groups of that caliber to effectively pass against us for a W in 2 of our 5 losses this year. Just an observation, but I don't think your pass O is THAT good. AND you have NOT faced a rushing D as good as the Steelers this year.......not going to be nearly as easy as you think....
    Somewhere along the line you started putting words in my mouth and I don't like how they taste. When the Vikings beat the Steelers this weekend the passing game will be a big part of it. I mentioned a long pass or two but was mainly talking about the short ones. The WR corps has not been as proficient as they could be and, relatively speaking, they will pick up the pace this weekend. They will have a relatively better game then they have had of late, that is what I meant. I never once said it was going to be an easy game, I said something like it will be a good game with a playoff atmosphere.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"TIMEsteelersfan" wrote:
    Actually, Pittsburgh lost to Baltimore with Tommy Maddox at the helm.

BTW... we hammered Cleveland.
    We should've hammered them if we were able to convert more turnovers into points.

But, we made them look silly. So, it was a good day for us!

I'm not a Steeler Fan but I do recogonize they have been a solid football franchise the past few years. I respect that they stick with Bill Cowler. He STILL is one of the younger coaches in the league. That's impressive.

(Stupid Denny Green wants out of Arizona because he dosesn't know how to win with a team lacking in talent)

I'm looking forward to the Vikings playing a tough opponent. The Packers and Lion games just aren't that big of a deal anymore until they start getting serious about having a winning record.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021