Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Steak Sullivan style


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    One would think that Sullivan could afford a better cut of beef than flank steak, but then again no one should ruin a great cut of beef by marinating it.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    One would think that Sullivan could afford a better cut of beef than flank steak, but then again no one should ruin a great cut of beef by marinating it.
    Flank steak Is best marinated. Not a matter of being able to afford better. I have prime beef all the time, in fact, dry age is a passion...Ribeye, NY Strip, Filet...agree, no marinade. Flank steak is another fave, but, I agree with Sully...gotta be marinated. Further, I've got a Big Green Egg, it is awesome! I need to meet that kid.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Flank steak Is best marinated. Not a matter of being able to afford better. I have prime beef all the time, in fact, dry age is a passion...Ribeye, NY Strip, Filet...agree, no marinade. Flank steak is another fave, but, I agree with Sully...gotta be marinated. Further, I've got a Big Green Egg, it is awesome! I need to meet that kid.
    I'm not denying the need to marinate it. It's one of those steaks you definitely need to. I'm just saying, rather than having a marinated flank steak, you would think most people would prefer a ribeye, t-bone, NY strip, etc instead.

    Personally, I enjoy the flavor of the beef & hate to mask it's flavor with a marinate, rub or steak sauce.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Flank steak Is best marinated. Not a matter of being able to afford better. I have prime beef all the time, in fact, dry age is a passion...Ribeye, NY Strip, Filet...agree, no marinade. Flank steak is another fave, but, I agree with Sully...gotta be marinated. Further, I've got a Big Green Egg, it is awesome! I need to meet that kid.
    I'm not denying the need to marinate it. It's one of those steaks you definitely need to. I'm just saying, rather than having a marinated flank steak, you would think most people would prefer a ribeye, t-bone, NY strip, etc instead.

    Personally, I enjoy the flavor of the beef & hate to mask it's flavor with a marinate, rub or steak sauce.
    Me too, probably 9 times out of 10. Further, I prefer skirt or hanger steak to flank. But, occasionally, flank is fine.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  6. #6
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Flank steak Is best marinated. Not a matter of being able to afford better. I have prime beef all the time, in fact, dry age is a passion...Ribeye, NY Strip, Filet...agree, no marinade. Flank steak is another fave, but, I agree with Sully...gotta be marinated. Further, I've got a Big Green Egg, it is awesome! I need to meet that kid.
    I also have a big green egg. It's a well known fact that individuals possessing this item are more handsome, more witty, and more sexually desirable than others.

    It's scientifically and empirically proven. It's in the Geneva Convention.

  7. #7
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I also have a big green egg. It's a well known fact that individuals possessing this item are more handsome, more witty, and more sexually desirable than others.

    It's scientifically and empirically proven. It's in the Geneva Convention.
    You sir, are correct!

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I also have a big green egg. It's a well known fact that individuals possessing this item are more handsome, more witty, and more sexually desirable than others.

    It's scientifically and empirically proven. It's in the Geneva Convention.
    I'm very happy with my Weber.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •