singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Steak Sullivan style

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

One would think that Sullivan could afford a better cut of beef than flank steak, but then again no one should ruin a great cut of beef by marinating it.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    One would think that Sullivan could afford a better cut of beef than flank steak, but then again no one should ruin a great cut of beef by marinating it.
    Flank steak Is best marinated. Not a matter of being able to afford better. I have prime beef all the time, in fact, dry age is a passion...Ribeye, NY Strip, Filet...agree, no marinade. Flank steak is another fave, but, I agree with Sully...gotta be marinated. Further, I've got a Big Green Egg, it is awesome! I need to meet that kid.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Flank steak Is best marinated. Not a matter of being able to afford better. I have prime beef all the time, in fact, dry age is a passion...Ribeye, NY Strip, Filet...agree, no marinade. Flank steak is another fave, but, I agree with Sully...gotta be marinated. Further, I've got a Big Green Egg, it is awesome! I need to meet that kid.
    I'm not denying the need to marinate it. It's one of those steaks you definitely need to. I'm just saying, rather than having a marinated flank steak, you would think most people would prefer a ribeye, t-bone, NY strip, etc instead.

Personally, I enjoy the flavor of the beef & hate to mask it's flavor with a marinate, rub or steak sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm not denying the need to marinate it. It's one of those steaks you definitely need to. I'm just saying, rather than having a marinated flank steak, you would think most people would prefer a ribeye, t-bone, NY strip, etc instead.

Personally, I enjoy the flavor of the beef & hate to mask it's flavor with a marinate, rub or steak sauce.
    Me too, probably 9 times out of 10. Further, I prefer skirt or hanger steak to flank. But, occasionally, flank is fine.

Ranger is offline Coach
    I also have a big green egg. It's a well known fact that individuals possessing this item are more handsome, more witty, and more sexually desirable than others.

It's scientifically and empirically proven. It's in the Geneva Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I also have a big green egg. It's a well known fact that individuals possessing this item are more handsome, more witty, and more sexually desirable than others.

You sir, are correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post

I'm very happy with my Weber.