Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Stay or Go! An interesting comparison!

i was impressed with tice after the 2-5 start, but as i look back at the winning streak and then the lack-luster performances in must win games in december, i take a step back and ask myself who really got the vikes pumped up? i used to think that it was tice, but if it were him, what in the hell has happened the past two weeks? show some balls and get that team motivated. punting when it was in the 1st half against the ravens when it was 4th and 1, in there territory, was completely R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D, plain and simple. this has been an underachieving team since he took it over. outta 4 seasons, made it to the post season once....

another thing, a lot of people say it wasn't tice's fault for the love boat (i know i'm beating a dead horse, but wanna make a point right quick), which to the most part i believe he wasn't at fault, HOWEVER, if he was a hard-nosed coach and acted like he had a pair, those players on the boat wouldn't have done it. do you see dallas pullin some crap like that with parcells or the nyg's with coughlin?

from an outsider lookin in, it looks to me that he can't get the team motivated nor do they see him as a leader. so what should we do with him? in the words of my wife "buh-bye!". i say fire his sorry a$$, only and only if we can get someone better than him. there's no point in trading in a pinto for a yugo.

i hope he is not with the team after this season. i don't know if they're in the job market or not, but i'd like to see jimmy johnson from philly or the foreskins defensive coordinator as our head coach.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"magicci" wrote:
    r they bossing you around too much jackyl hahaha
    No I don't enter act with the FO here much... but I can say they pretty worthless in player personnel decisions.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I want that big bohemith to stay. I really like him for some reason and I think that he just needs better coaches around him. I think he can get the job done if we get some better coaches around him. But I don't know.

Redemption is offline Training Camp

Nice info. 31-32 with a roster like the vikes have means go.

Honestly, don't you guys believe that supreme coaches would be capable of taking us to like a 13-3 season? We all have to admit that our schedule was pretty easy this year.

LJOHNSON26 is offline Training Camp

Red McCombs hired Tice because he was cheap. Tice was the lowest paid head coach in the league for a reason. He was in over his head and damned lucky to have the job. That's why he never bitched about his paltry $750K salary ($1 million this last year). Every other head coach commanded a higher salary because their credentials earned a higher salary. I'd prefere we not keep shopping at Walmart for our head coach and step up for quality for a change. He might be a cool guy to get drunk with, but as far as a coach goes, I think he sucks.
    Packers Suck.

LJOHNSON26 is offline Training Camp

Mike Singletary enters his first year as assistant head coach/linebackers for the 49ers after being named to the position January 21, 2005.

Singletary teamed with 49ers head coach Mike Nolan the previous two seasons as the Baltimore Ravens inside linebackers coach. Players have flourished under his tutelage, including Ray Lewis, who earned 2003 NFL Defensive Player of the Year honors. Under Singletary, the inside linebackers have finished first and second in tackles in each of his seasons coaching the position. He was also part of a coaching staff that directed the Ravens defense to a third overall finish in 2003 and sixth overall in 2004.

In 2001, Singletary won the Walter Camp’s “Man of the Year Award,� based on his reputation for integrity and leadership within his profession and contributions benefiting his community, country and fellow man. He also co-founded Leadership Zone, a company that provides leadership training.

Singletary was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1998 after a stellar career with the Chicago Bears from 1981-92. He boasted 1,488 tackles (885 solo), finishing as the Bears’ first or second leading tackler each of his last 11 seasons. Singletary was named to the NFL Team of the 80’s after being selected to play in a team-record 10 consecutive Pro Bowls. He was also named All-Pro eight times (1983-89; 1991) and an All-NFC selection nine consecutive times (1983-91). He also started a defensive team-record 172 games for the Bears, trailing only running back Walter Payton’s 184 career starts for the all-time team lead.

Singletary was drafted in second round of the 1981 NFL Draft from Baylor University.

Singletary’s coaching background: 2003-04 (Baltimore Ravens), 2005 (San Francisco 49ers).

Hint Hint
    Packers Suck.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Here's sumpin' youse mugs need to read, and 'tink about. It's a piece of an article I just read...
    ===============================================

Sizing up Tice
    Opinions vary on whether Mike Tice should keep his coaching job. The man whose opinion matters most, Zygi Wilf, isn't talking.

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Former Buffalo coach Marv Levy, who led the Bills to four Super Bowls, said he hasn't closely followed the Vikings. But he said he was impressed with Tice's ability to lead the Vikings through adversity.

"He persevered through some very difficult times: the early losses, the Love Boat incident, the Daunte Culpepper injury," said Levy, a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. "They rallied to respectability through a very difficult situation.

"Change just for the sake of change or for cosmetic reasons is not good," Levy said. "But I'm not close enough to the situation to really assess it. I don't know the inner workings of the staff and Mike."

Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith, considered a prime candidate to be NFL coach of the year, said Tice's ability to turn around the Vikings should merit him some consideration as well.

Former Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann said Tice deserves a chance to hire his own coaching staff to long-term contracts, without absurd monetary restrictions, and to add more players to fit his scheme.

"Mike has grown a lot this year," said Theismann, an ESPN analyst. "Mike needs to be given a chance to create some stability and create some future. Right now, that organization lives day to day."

==============================================

I said it before, an' I'll say it again. Give Mikey one more chance wit' an owner dat'll spend some dough on da team, coaches, and assistants, y'know?. Den, if he falls flat on his face again, youse can dump 'im, y'know? A guy wit' 'is hands tied like he wuz wit' Scrooge McCombs, he wuz doin' good just wit' a shoestring budget, y'know?

I 'tink Zygi will do da right 'ting, whudeva he duz, y'know, but, I would like to see Mikey get anudder chance, y'know?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

As much as I like Mike Tice, I just don't think he has "it". To be an NFL Head Coach. He did an admiral job in turning the season around, surely. However, IMHO he just doesn't make the best decisions during the game that successful head coaches make.

Over four years, I can count on one hand the amount of times during a game when I said, "Wow that was a great call by Tice." There have been numerous times though where he has squandered opportunities to put the team in a better position to win. A good HC makes smart, snap decisions during a game within a window of about 10-20 seconds. I haven't seen Tice do that during his tenure as a HC.

I don't question his popularity with the team. I know he is a good guy, and I wish him all the best. But I do question his decision making during the course of the game that he needs to make for the team to be successful i.e. better than .500.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

well if we win this week he will be better then .500

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

The fact is that we have never won the division under Tice and have only made the playoffs once in four years. He has taken a roster that is continually good on paper and reduced them to mediocrity each year.

The fact of the matter is that we haven't really done anything under him. It seems like we are constantly rebuilding. Get rid of him finally.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast