Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Status of Kluwe??

i'm glad Bennett came back from retirement to play for us in the clinch. that showed a lot of guts and loyality to the vikings. i wish him the best with the business he's starting up.

glad to hear Kluwe is coming back though. i hope he's a 100% and not rushing back. field position will very important to us in this game.

Thanks Josdin

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    i'm glad Bennett came back from retirement to play for us in the clinch. that showed a lot of guts and loyality to the vikings. i wish him the best with the business he's starting up.
    Didn't think of it like that mn. I know I was ripping on him, but it did take guts to do that.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

plus hes 41 yrs old..poor guy i hope i still have my boot for my kids at that age lol

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

"mnjamie" wrote:
    KLUWE EXPECTED BACK THIS WEEK VS. STEELERS !!!!

Goodbye, Newman
    Keith Newman
    By Viking Update Staff
    Date: Dec 12, 2005

The Vikings are awaiting word on the results of an MRI on Keith Newman's injured knee, but are expecting that he might miss at least a game or two in a best-case scenario.

The Vikings' linebacker corps has continued to be a sore spot for the team this season, as they continue to search for the right combination of players. But one of the constants had been the play of Keith Newman, who coaches found hard to keep out of the lineup.

They may have finally found a way. Newman suffered what the team is calling a strained left posterior collateral ligament -- the same injury that put Nate Burleson on the shelf for nearly a month. Newman is scheduled to have an MRI to confirm the diagnosis and, if as serious as feared, he will likely miss the next two games.

Newman said after the game that the injury was feeling better, but added that today would be the true test of the severity.

Coach Mike Tice will likely address the matter today at his weekly Monday recap press conference at Winter Park.

MONDAY NOTES
    * The combination of the Vikings' win and the Lions' loss means the team is guaranteed of finishing no worse than second place in the NFC North. Why is that important? It clears up who the Vikings' 2006 opponents will be. Aside from the six games played vs. the division and the four vs. the AFC, the Vikings now know that in 2006 they will play the four teams from the NFC West along with everyone else and, in their two games different from the rest in their division, they will play the second-place finishers this year in both the NFC East and NFC South.
    * Tice and Mewelde Moore appeared at odds following Sunday's game. Tice said Moore was benched in favor of Michael Bennett because the medical staff told Tice that Moore wasn't in what Tice termed as "mental shape" to play with a quadriceps injury. He backed up that assertion by saying players who want to get in the game typically stand around the coach waiting to get their number called. On an occasion when Tice said he looked for Moore, he was nowhere to be found. Moore denied the claim and said the injury had loosened up in warmups and he was good to go.
    * Former Viking Greg Coleman appeared to take his sideline job with the team pretty seriously Sunday. Coleman, who provides sideline commentary for the Vikings radio network, was standing directly in front of a play in which the Rams were initially granted a completion on a pass that clearly hit the ground. The first official ruled the play a catch and Coleman immediately took off down the Vikings sideline seeking out Tice, apparently to tell him to throw the red challenge flag. By the time he got there, another official with a better vantage point had stepped in and overruled the call and said the pass was incomplete. Red McCombs may no longer own the team, but his radio employees still know where the bread is buttered.
    * Brad Johnson rolled his right ankle in the third quarter but played the rest of the game. The Rams blitzed Johnson on about 70 percent of plays Sunday in hopes of getting him rattled. Although he took several big hits, he was never sacked.
    * Fred Smoot returned to action Sunday, but didn't wear the protective harness on his healing broken collarbone. Why? He said in warmups he couldn't breathe properly because of the tight-fitting harness and felt more comfortable going without it than with it. Smoot had an interception in the second half Sunday (but, then again, who didn't?).
    * Fans reacted angrily at times to punter Darren Bennett, who had eight punts Sunday -- almost three punts above average for the Vikes. Bennett was booed loudly after a couple of awful looking punts. He averaged 37.5 yards per punt -- the same average as kicker Paul Edinger in two tries the previous week. Chris Kluwe is expected back this week.

http://vikings.scout.com/2/477681.html
    WHOOHOO!!! Cant wait. Send Bennett back to Cali!
    Retired 12/21/08

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Punter Chris Kluwe (sprained right knee) kicked "extremely well" during a Monday session, Tice said, and will be listed as questionable this week on the injury report. "The chances of him getting back are pretty good," Tice said. The Vikings might keep punter Darren Bennett on the roster this week as insurance; if they do not release him by today at 3 p.m., he will be owed another week's salary.

Star Tribune

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Glad to see Kluwe may be back this week.......Will be a big plus for our speical teams...

Still wondering why the Vikings didn't call me in to punt for them?

I've been known to have a Boot or Two in the past....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Prophet Guest

Vikings | D. Bennett to remain on roster for Week 15
    Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:44:03 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice said P Darren Bennett will remain on the roster for the team's Week 15 game in case P Chris Kluwe (knee) can't play. Tice is hoping Kluwe can recover by Sunday, Dec. 18, but Bennett will be available if Kluwe has a setback.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

How old is Bennett?late 30's? mid 40's? I just don't understand. If the guy has been doing ONE thing for his life since High School, kicking a football, then why is he so damn bad at it? I can kick a ball 26 yards. Put me in Tice!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

See that's what I'm thinking PPE. I mean technically you could say that when we took him back he hadn't been playing, but if that's his job you know you'd think he'd be better because even when we had him before he wasn't that great.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    How old is Bennett?late 30's? mid 40's? I just don't understand. If the guy has been doing ONE thing for his life since High School, kicking a football, then why is he so gol 'darnit bad at it? I can kick a ball 26 yards. Put me in Tice!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast