Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    derek is offline Waterboy

Status on EJ & Toine?

so yeah...waterboy here....

so i've been wayy lazy (and busy) this summer and haven't had a chance to troll the web to find the answers yet...figured i'd come here first to see if anyone had any info....?

anyone know the health status of Ej Henderson and Antoine Winfield as far as as how they are healing up, level of health for this season?

These are two of my favorite players and over the summer i've been re-watching all of the games from last season (i record them all)... and came across a game where EJ was healthy and taking no prisoners!

Hoping to see a healthy EJ & Toine out there on the field together with the rest of the Defense this year...if they are there and in good health, it obviously bodes well for us (duh..understatement)

any info out there?

GO VIKES!!!!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Status on EJ & Toine?

E.J. Henderson(notes) has expressed optimism that he will be back on the field when the Vikings open training camp late next month in Mankato.

The reality, however, is that Henderson will have to be cleared by the Vikings’ medical staff before he is allowed to return after suffering a broken femur in his left leg last December.

That means that Jasper Brinkley(notes) will be Minnesota’s starting middle linebacker until Henderson is given the green light and there is a chance Brinkley could be the starter on Sept. 9 when the Vikings open the regular season at New Orleans.

Following the Vikings’ minicamp this month, Brinkley said he is “definitely” preparing as if he will be the starter because “you never know what is going to happen.”
    here's the rest of the article: Yahoo Sports

That's the latest I've heard about EJ... so hopefully I'll see him here in Mankato in 2 weeks.

As far as Winfield goes, I really haven't heard anything about his foot injury - which to me new, no news is good news in this case. I'm more concerned if Griffin will be good to go at the start of the season or not. Everyone seems to forget that he tore is ACL in the NFC Championship game.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

kenny is offline Waterboy

yeah no news is good new.
    None

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes_King wrote:
    E.J. Henderson(notes) has expressed optimism that he will be back on the field when the Vikings open training camp late next month in Mankato.

The reality, however, is that Henderson will have to be cleared by the Vikings’ medical staff before he is allowed to return after suffering a broken femur in his left leg last December.

That means that Jasper Brinkley(notes) will be Minnesota’s starting middle linebacker until Henderson is given the green light and there is a chance Brinkley could be the starter on Sept. 9 when the Vikings open the regular season at New Orleans.

Following the Vikings’ minicamp this month, Brinkley said he is “definitely” preparing as if he will be the starter because “you never know what is going to happen.”

That's the latest I've heard about EJ... so hopefully I'll see him here in Mankato in 2 weeks.

As far as Winfield goes, I really haven't heard anything about his foot injury - which to me new, no news is good news in this case. I'm more concerned if Griffin will be good to go at the start of the season or not. Everyone seems to forget that he tore is ACL in the NFC Championship game.
    Your concerns are warranted.

Griffin will not participate in training camp and won't start a game until week 4. At least that's what I'm thinking. Even if he is feeling good, there's no way he'd be in game shape and prepared to play.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Vikes_King wrote:

Your concerns are warranted.

Griffin will not participate in training camp and won't start a game until week 4. At least that's what I'm thinking. Even if he is feeling good, there's no way he'd be in game shape and prepared to play.
    I think Griff starting at week 4 is reasonable, however, being 100% at week four is a bit optimistic.

Even though we have seen cats get back on the field in significantly shorter timeframes with injuries like this, they aren't really 100% until the following year.

If Griff plays week 4, he won't be full up around my friends so don't start hacking on him if he is looking bad. If I was the staff, I would hold him back until 3 or 4 games before the season ends and make sure things are right before letting him back into the fray.

As to EJ. Everything sounds like he will be ready, however, the ESPN Vikes page says niether has been fully cleared to participate in camp.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

We are going to be in trouble if Griffin and EJ cant play until mid season

CCthebest wrote:
    I'm not so sure about EJ. I liked what little we saw out of Jasper last year. He will only be better this year.

Griff, on the other hand, prior to the signing of Lito, I would agree with you. Mix in the rook (Cook), one more years experience for Asher, Benny coming back, I am not so worried about our CB's.

My take, they (the CB's) will be fine if the front four do thier jobs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I think Griffin will start the season on the PUP list. I don't see the Vikes bringing him back until after our bye week (5th week of season) and he probably won't play until our 6th game.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

whackthepack wrote:
    I think Griffin will start the season on the PUP list. I don't see the Vikes bringing him back until after our bye week (5th week of season) and he probably won't play until our 6th game.
    I like that plan. Stretch it out until week 10-12 and I like it even better.

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    CCthebest wrote:
    I'm not so sure about EJ. I liked what little we saw out of Jasper last year. He will only be better this year.

Griff, on the other hand, prior to the signing of Lito, I would agree with you. Mix in the rook (Cook), one more years experience for Asher, Benny coming back, I am not so worried about our CB's.

My take, they (the CB's) will be fine if the front four do thier jobs.
    I too am not worried, Brinkley with Leber on 3rd and passing downs last year was very effective. Most forget that Brinkley was a 1st round talent prior to his knee injury in college. I think we missed EJs decision making on 1st and 2nd downs last year but it was more than made up for with Leber on 3rds. With a full camp under his belt Brinkley should tighten up a little bit more.

As for the secondary, ditto, with an emphasis on Lito for passing downs especially if Winfield is healthy. Frazier has a lot of quality pieces in the CB roster spots this year even without Griffin for half a season.
    None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast