Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I think it has more to do with the turnovers & ending up with great field position that did it.

Our 4 TD's came off of 18,24,25 & 27 drives. How did we do again on our long drives?

We may have turned a corner as far as defense is concerned, but on sustained drives we didn't get it done.

As much flack as Chris Cook has taken this year, I think he's been playing pretty damn good lately & not deserving of the criticism.

I do believe we turned the corner on Berrian, although I'd rather see Aromashodu replacing him rather than Jenkins.

In just his 4 catches this year in 3 games, he has gained more yards than Berrian has in his last 11 games.
    Cook has been doing well

As for Berrian and Aromashodu aren't they both x receivers and Jenkins and Camarillo are more the z with Harvin if Harvin isn't in the y and we don't use multiple TE's and a FB.....where's Marty

But Berrian did seem to be in his best spot today for the team on the inactive

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    If our offense can sustain long drives & put up TD's in not only quarters 1 & 2, but 3 & 4 as well, then maybe we've turned a corner.

When our QB can consistently complete 64% of his passes again, then maybe we've turned a corner.

If we continue to have a lot less major penalties & continue to win the turnover battle, then maybe we've turned a corner.

If AD can average the same many YPC in the 2nd half as he's done so far in the 1st half, then maybe we've turned a corner.

If we can beat a team like GB in 2 weeks, rather than a 1-3 team in a weak division, then maybe we've turned a corner.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-09-2011 at 10:10 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Cook has been doing well

As for Berrian and Aromashodu aren't they both x receivers and Jenkins and Camarillo are more the z with Harvin if Harvin isn't in the y and we don't use multiple TE's and a FB.....where's Marty

But Berrian did seem to be in his best spot today for the team on the inactive
    Berrian and Aromashodu are both "X" receivers, which is why I said to replace Berrian with Aromashodu.

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Cedric was benched first series as disciplinary action.
    What was he disciplined for?

Did he burst out laughing or applaud when the coach announced Berrian would be inactive?

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I would say that emotionally, yes, we have turned a corner. That first win can go a long way toward boosting confidence,

Physically, not so much. It was for the most part more of the same.

The one unit that did look better to me was the O-line. It might be, though, that AZ has a weak pass rush. I will give our guys credit, though, for fewer penalties.

Defense did not tire out quite as much, kept playing hard right up to the end.

All in all, I will wait until I see our performance next week before committing to the "we've turned it around" bandwagon. Even if it's a loss (in Chicago, seems likely), a more solid performance will go a long way toward convincing me.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    It will take this season and the off season, perhaps next season as well, to turn the corner.
    This was a good win and showed that some of the young players are improving, some of the established players still have what it takes, and some of the players we don't need.

However now we won't win another game before the bye.
    But this is a team that will be better at the end of the season than we are now.

We have QB that can only deliver about 1 out 8 passes any where near a receiver.
    Webb wouldn't do any worse and Ponder would likely do better. Expect to see a change after the bye.
    This team is still learning and will be better next year and pretty darn good in a couple years.
    I'm afraid we are just entering the corner.

Gift is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES View Post
    It seems to be the standard, but i am certainly not the only one frustrated with not doing anything inside the last 30 secs. or so of the first half.
    Trying to force something when we are ahead by 24pts & have an incompetent offence seems really silly to me
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    The only corner i see we turned in our first win would be.
    1. AP got the ball more as it should be
    2. D played a full game
    3. our pass rush kept it all game. and BRob has shown i think that he deserved the promotion to starter..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    This team is still learning and will be better next year and pretty darn good in a couple years.
    I'm afraid we are just entering the corner.
    I agree with most of what you posted but the team has 17 guys on the roster that will need to get new contracts or will go elsewhere next year. We are in no way out of the woods or turning a corner. We did just get past a speed bump and now are nearing a few steep hills before the road flattens out if you want an analogy IMHO lol.

Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    The only corner i see we turned in our first win would be.
    1. AP got the ball more as it should be
    DiGiTaL
    Again. I got to disagree. How many points did we score in the 2nd half?

In the 2nd half of the game with those extra carries, AD was 16/36 & averaged a measly 2.2 yards, which isn't shit.

When AD was averaging 20 touches a game, he was only averaging 3.0YPC in the second half, which still isn't getting it done.

Those last 9 carries.....the "MORE" touches he got that many fans were screaming for: 9/21 or 2.3YPC. Again crap.

Bottom line, when your team is passing like crap in the 2nd half & your star RB is running like crap in the second half, your going to give your opponents ample time to regain the lead & take home the win, unless your defense steps up huge.

That is why the Vikings are 1-4.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-10-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast