Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Stats Aside, Was a Corner Turned?

Looking at the emotions of the team, and the benching of Berrian and Cedric, and other things surrounding this game including AP taking the lead emotionally with the O instead of McNabb....

Did we turn a corner as a team today?

Or is this a result of playing a powder puff team like we did today?

Krumb is offline Pro-Bowler
    Peterson looked solid today, he has moments where he just flat refuses to get tackled.

I still would like to see McNabb stop skipping passes to receivers.

Side note what happened with Cedric? was at the game so I didn't hear any commentary on it.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    A little of both. McNabb won't get us there, and that's been realized. Berrian is a drain...and that's been realized. Peterson hates to lose...and he's put everyone on notice about that.

But we won today on Defense, not really on Offense. Sure, Peterson punched in 3 of the 4, but we started in great position...and did squat the rest of the game.

So I think it's far too early to say we've turned a corner...we have Chicago, Green Bay and Carolina coming up. Let's see how we respond to them...

Caine

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Not until there is one more roster move.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krumb View Post
    Peterson looked solid today, he has moments where he just flat refuses to get tackled.

I still would like to see McNabb stop skipping passes to receivers.

Side note what happened with Cedric? was at the game so I didn't hear any commentary on it.
    Cedric was benched first series as disciplinary action.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Lets beat the bears and then we talk

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

....we won today on Defense, not really on Offense. Sure, Peterson punched in 3 of the 4, but we started in great position...and did squat the rest of the game.
    That's the way I saw it, but would include the 22 yard punt return to the Cardinals 18 by Sherels, which set up the first Vikings TD.

Contrary to some peoples belief, the fact that AD got more touches today in the 2nd half wasn't a factor in the win. We were up 28-0 after his first 9 runs.

AD was 9/59 (6.5ypc) after his 3rd TD run. at the half he was 13/86 (6.6ypc)

In the second half he was 16/36 (2.2ypc) which is much worse than his already 3.0YPC season avg in the second half, proving once again that giving AD the rock in the 2nd half isn't ineffective in sustaining drives.

Giving it to him more in the 2nd half is just giving us more of the same, if not worse, ineffectiveness.
    Last edited by singersp; 10-09-2011 at 09:12 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    That's the way I saw it, but would include the 22 yard punt return to the Cardinals 18 by Sherels, which set up the first Vikings TD.

Contrary to some peoples belief, the fact that AD got more touches today in the 2nd half wasn't a factor in the win. We were up 28-0 after his first 9 runs.

AD was 9/59 (6.5ypc) after his 3rd TD run. at the half he was 13/86 (6.6ypc)

In the second half he was 16/36 (2.8ypc) which is worse than his already 3.0YPC season avg in the second half, proving once again that giving AD the rock in the 2nd half isn't ineffective in sustaining drives.

Giving it to him more in the 2nd half is just giving us more of the same ineffectiveness.
    You're right about the punt return...I left that off.

But I disagree about Peterson. Giving him the ball more kept the clock moving....something a McNabb incompletion wouldn't do. Therefore, even though from a scoring/yardage point of view Petersons touches in the 2nd half weren't as effective, they gave Arizona less time to get their act together and come back and beat us.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Looking at the emotions of the team, and the benching of Berrian and Cedric, and other things surrounding this game including AP taking the lead emotionally with the O instead of McNabb....

Did we turn a corner as a team today?

Or is this a result of playing a powder puff team like we did today?
    I think it has more to do with the turnovers & ending up with great field position that did it.

Our 4 TD's came off of 18,24,25 & 27 drives. How did we do again on our long drives?

We may have turned a corner as far as defense is concerned, but on sustained drives we didn't get it done.

As much flack as Chris Cook has taken this year, I think he's been playing pretty damn good lately & not deserving of the criticism.

I do believe we turned the corner on Berrian, although I'd rather see Aromashodu replacing him rather than Jenkins.

In just his 4 catches this year in 3 games, he has gained more yards than Berrian has in his last 11 games.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

I remember AP used to love to high step at the goal line, but in more of a showboat way.

There was a few times, that high stepping would have worked to get out of the grasp, or allow him to pull away from a receiver.

It seems to be the standard, but i am certainly not the only one frustrated with not doing anything inside the last 30 secs. or so of the first half.

There were many players that feel the same way, and they are ultimately the ones that matter. What was nice, is that they said publicly they are frustrated.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast