Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Starting WR's

davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Starting WR's

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "ForceOfNorse" wrote:
    Here's my question:...........What the hell happened to Jason Carter?
    That kid was ballin' in the preseason last year.
    I'd like to see him added at least into the top 3.
    If T-Will doesn't seem to have gotten over his hand-eye coordination, then he is undeserving.
    I don't care how high we drafted him!!!
    Also Nance looked fairly decent in those few shots that he got, but from what I saw from Carter, he might very well be the most talented young receiver we have.
    Just wish we coulda gotten a look at him in the regular season.
    Jason Carter will probably see more playing time this year, but just the fact that he didn't have hardly any playing time last year shows that Childress obviously seen something that made him think that he wasn't ready. Childress has eyes, he could see that he had a really good pre season last year, but pre season is much more different then regular season.
    he did look good in the preseason, but lets face it, childress didn't even make him active over guys like m.robinson and billy mcmullen or for that matter anyone when they were ineffective.
    with no intentions of bringing back t.taylor or m.robinson why wouldn't they give the kid more of a look?
    then you factor in drafting 3 wr's and bringing in the lower teir free agents they did, it can't bode well for him.
    but maybe he'll surprise
    Did it ever enter your mind that Childress seen him play every day probably on the practice squad? Did it ever enter your mind that Childress knows a little more about football and how to judge how good a WR is better then the average fan (you)? Did it enter your mind that Childress seen something or didn't see something that told him that he wouldn't be an improvment over the current squad we had?

I know you don't like Childress but you have to admit that he isn't stupid and he must know a little about football. If he is in fact, not stupid, then he would have put Carter in IF he had seen something that told him he would do better then the guys we already had out there. Unless of course Childress is secretly trying to make the Vikings lose.

FYI: Childress did make him active.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"davike" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "ForceOfNorse" wrote:
    If T-Will doesn't seem to have gotten over his hand-eye coordination, then he is undeserving.
    Also Nance looked fairly decent in those few shots that he got, but from what I saw from Carter, he might very well be the most talented young receiver we have.
    Jason Carter will probably see more playing time this year, but just the fact that he didn't have hardly any playing time last year shows that Childress obviously seen something that made him think that he wasn't ready. Childress has eyes, he could see that he had a really good pre season last year, but pre season is much more different then regular season.
    he did look good in the preseason, but lets face it, childress didn't even make him active over guys like m.robinson and billy mcmullen or for that matter anyone when they were ineffective.
    with no intentions of bringing back t.taylor or m.robinson why wouldn't they give the kid more of a look?
    then you factor in drafting 3 wr's and bringing in the lower teir free agents they did, it can't bode well for him.
    but maybe he'll surprise
    Did it ever enter your mind that Childress seen him play every day probably on the practice squad? Did it ever enter your mind that Childress knows a little more about football and how to judge how good a WR is better then the average fan (you)? Did it enter your mind that Childress seen something or didn't see something that told him that he wouldn't be an improvment over the current squad we had?

I know you don't like Childress but you have to admit that he isn't stupid and he must know a little about football. If he is in fact, not stupid, then he would have put Carter in IF he had seen something that told him he would do better then the guys we already had out there. Unless of course Childress is secretly trying to make the Vikings lose.

was there a point in there that i didnt already make.
    that's what i was saying, if he was gonna get his shot he would have last year but obviously they are not that high on him. so while you were saying absolutely nothing just for the sake of posting a message, i had already said he's a way long shot.
    and fyi, no shit he was made active, once, when we were eliminated from contention and started a handful of bench players, another great point of yours.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "ForceOfNorse" wrote:
    but maybe he'll surprise

that's what i was saying, if he was gonna get his shot he would have last year but obviously they are not that high on him. so while you were saying absolutely nothing just for the sake of posting a message, i had already said he's a way long shot.
    and fyi, no pooh he was made active, once, when we were eliminated from contention and started a handful of bench players, another great point of yours.
    Actually you said that pretty much Childress was to stupid to put him in when the others were being ineffective. You were saying that they were stupid because they didn't give him enough of a chance.

Actually I believe he was activated before we were really out of contention as we weren't really officially out of contention till week 15 or something like that. (the beauty of playing in the NFC this year )

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Json" wrote:
    I recently seen Chilly talking about how last year a majority of the fans where extremely concerned about the LBing core, yet that worked out very well.
    He said this year he feels the exact same about the WR position.
    He likes who they currently have and knows some key players will step up and play well enough so he isn't concerned about getting anyone else.
    Interesting.
    So our LBs ended up being a familiar face (Henderson) a FA (Leber) and a rookie (Griffin).

That meens our 3 starting recievers will be, a familiar face (Williamson), a FA (Wade) and a rookie (Sid).

And people say Chilly doesn't tell us much.
    You just have to read the fine print.
    [size=2pt]bitches[/size]

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Billy" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:
    I recently seen Chilly talking about how last year a majority of the fans where extremely concerned about the LBing core, yet that worked out very well.
    He said this year he feels the exact same about the WR position.
    He likes who they currently have and knows some key players will step up and play well enough so he isn't concerned about getting anyone else.
    Interesting.
    So our LBs ended up being a familiar face (Henderson) a FA (Leber) and a rookie (Griffin).

That meens our 3 starting recievers will be, a familiar face (Williamson), a FA (Wade) and a rookie (Sid).

And people say Chilly doesn't tell us much.
    You just have to read the fine print.
    [size=2pt]bitches[/size]
    You also are wise beyond your years.

Chilly Speak is much like Denny Speak.
    Great find/deduction my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Griffin was a CB. Napo was the 3rd LB last year. Or do you mean Greenway?

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Griffin was a CB. Napo was the 3rd LB last year. Or do you mean Greenway?
    Yes sir, I meant Greenway.

Those three will be the starting lineup this year (Considering Greenway hasn't stepped on the field I know it isn't the 3 Chilly would have been talking about, just bullshitin).

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

"davike" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    [quote author=ForceOfNorse link=topic=33953.msg579934#msg579934 date=1179089451]
    but maybe he'll surprise

and fyi, no pooh he was made active, once, when we were eliminated from contention and started a handful of bench players, another great point of yours.
    Actually you said that pretty much Childress was to stupid to put him in when the others were being ineffective. You were saying that they were stupid because they didn't give him enough of a chance.

Actually I believe he was activated before we were really out of contention as we weren't really officially out of contention till week 15 or something like that. (the beauty of playing in the NFC this year )
    [/quote]
    i dont know where you got any of the childress is stupid stuff from what i posted.
    my point was if he couldnt beat out the bums we had he was probably not good enough.
    who cares anyway, i said hes a long shot, and if he ends up beating out guys we drafted high oh well, but i doubt it.
    and the nfc does suck, especially our division, that's why we have a legitimate shot to win the division with a little n.o. saint type luck.

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    [quote author=davike link=topic=33953.msg579963#msg579963 date=1179092912]
    [quote author=ForceOfNorse link=topic=33953.msg579934#msg579934 date=1179089451]
    but maybe he'll surprise

[/quote]
    i dont know where you got any of the childress is stupid stuff from what i posted.
    my point was if he couldnt beat out the bums we had he was probably not good enough.
    who cares anyway, i said hes a long shot, and if he ends up beating out guys we drafted high oh well, but i doubt it.
    and the nfc does suck, especially our division, that's why we have a legitimate shot to win the division with a little n.o. saint type luck.
    [/quote]

When I read this statement I thought you meant that Childress was stupid not to just put him out there and see what he could do, when in reality Childress probably already knew what he could do. They knew that their WRs were struggling, so Childress would be stupid not to give the kid a look, he would be stupid not to give any others a look, I am sure he did give them an extra look and he still didn't see anything that made him believe they would be any better then the players we already had on the field.

I maybe misunderstood you and if that is the case then I apoligize, but the way you put it thats the way it seemed.

"davike" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    [quote author=bigbadragz link=topic=33953.msg579999#msg579999 date=1179099047]
    [quote author=davike link=topic=33953.msg579963#msg579963 date=1179092912]
    but maybe he'll surprise

[/quote]
    [/quote]

When I read this statement I thought you meant that Childress was stupid not to just put him out there and see what he could do, when in reality Childress probably already knew what he could do. They knew that their WRs were struggling, so Childress would be stupid not to give the kid a look, he would be stupid not to give any others a look, I am sure he did give them an extra look and he still didn't see anything that made him believe they would be any better then the players we already had on the field.

I maybe misunderstood you and if that is the case then I apoligize, but the way you put it thats the way it seemed.
    [/quote]
    no, i meant that if he didn't put him on the field, then something must not be there with carter.
    though i do think he should have threw williamson out there more and let him just work through his problems instead of burying him on the depth chart and then making him inactive.
    but maybe williamson is falling into that j.carter mold of just not proving enough.
    either way, as the whole thread has gone, the wr position is probably the most interesting battle of training camp.
    the only apparent answer of the whole group is wade being the slot guy, everything else is up for grabs.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678