bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

Re: Starting WR's

"olson_10" wrote:
    1. Wade
    2. McMullen
    3. Rice
    4. Williamson
    5. Carter
    what part of drafting all these recievers and claiming wade is a slot reciever don't you guys understand.

1.mcmullen couldnt crack a lineup with probably 5x less talent than this young crop.
    2.carter couldn't get off the practice squad until week 17 on a team with no wr production and with the vikes having no expectation of bringing the starters back.
    3.this is a make or break season for williamson, he's had vets playing over him but now he's the vet and if a bunch of rookies come in and beat him out he's most likely done.

4.wade is mostly, and only effective in the slot.
    if he's our number 1 get ready for a long season. he's not built for it and would not be as effective.

lets get real guys, if the vikes weren't gonna resign taylor, or sign experienced wr's than the young guys will play and could very well start. if petersen and tjack are gonna play such a huge role with little to no experience why would our weakest postion keep its youg talent on the bench in favor of guys who have continued to fail at the nfl level.
    the bottom line we would not have addressed this all in such a big way in the draft if these guys were not gonna get on the field.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    1. Wade
    2. McMullen
    3. Rice
    4. Williamson
    5. Carter
    what part of drafting all these recievers and claiming wade is a slot reciever don't you guys understand.

1.mcmullen couldnt crack a lineup with probably 5x less talent than this young crop.
    2.carter couldn't get off the practice squad until week 17 on a team with no wr production and with the vikes having no expectation of bringing the starters back.
    3.this is a make or break season for williamson, he's had vets playing over him but now he's the vet and if a bunch of rookies come in and beat him out he's most likely done.

4.wade is mostly, and only effective in the slot.
    if he's our number 1 get ready for a long season. he's not built for it and would not be as effective.

lets get real guys, if the vikes weren't gonna resign taylor, or sign experienced wr's than the young guys will play and could very well start. if petersen and tjack are gonna play such a huge role with little to no experience why would our weakest postion keep its youg talent on the bench in favor of guys who have continued to fail at the nfl level.
    the bottom line we would not have addressed this all in such a big way in the draft if these guys were not gonna get on the field.
    I think you're right. The lineup will probably be:

T-Will
    Rice

Wade (Slot)

McMullen
    Allison

And then it'll be make or brake for T-Will

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I agree that it is T-Wills year to shine, we still can't rule out picking a vet up to lead and settle this young WR corp. Wade is pretty much a lock in the slot, and Rice will probably be #4 behind T-Will, and Mcmullen with Wade in the slot. Well let the competition begin. By the way J Carter may not even make the practice squad this year.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I agree. I see the depth chart being-

1. Troy Williamson- Make or break year for him. I have hope for him being good but he's struggled with catching the ball. I can hope I guess.
    2. Sidney Rice- Lots of potential. Good college player, maybe he'll be a good red zone and open field threat in the pros.
    3. Bobby Wade- Great career slot receiver.
    4. Aundrae Allison- Speedy, young guy. Good as a 4th receiver IMO.
    5. Billy McMullen- Depth.

and Nance on the practice squad.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

1. Troy Williamson- Make or break year for him. I have hope for him being good but he's struggled with catching the ball. I can hope I guess.
    2. Sidney Rice- Lots of potential. Good college player, maybe he'll be a good red zone and open field threat in the pros.

I like this.

Key point here is that my man Bobby will evolve (Quickly I bet) into TJ's go to guy.

Should produce alot of first downs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:

I like this.

Key point here is that my man Bobby will evolve (Quickly I bet) into TJ's go to guy.

The problem with that Marrdro, is that Childress made it pretty clear that they evaluated Wade as a receiver that will have success for us in the slot.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I like this.

The problem with that Marrdro, is that Childress made it pretty clear that they evaluated Wade as a receiver that will have success for us in the slot.
    I think that is what I am saying.
    I think he will be very productive in the slot, quick off the line, quick separation..... Quick pass..... 1rst down.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I like this.

I think he will be very productive in the slot, quick off the line, quick separation..... Quick pass..... 1rst down.
    Good. Then I just misunderstood you.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I like this.

Good. Then I just misunderstood you.
    No worries.
    Wildwoman says I am a very confusing man.
    Or at least words to that effect
    ;D

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Obviously a very speculative topic almost 4 months before training camp, especially with Williamson's situation, strong rookie additions at WR and and offseason acquisition, and several losses.
    But what the hell sounds like fun. The WR situation should be an exciting highlight of training camp thats for sure.

You know I am with you on the B Dub, Marrdro.
    Should be a good fit with TJ and this West Coast Offense.
    Allison will definitely make the roster with his sure hands and toughness, I can see him eventually becoming a big part of this offense.
    We can't underestimate Martin Nance.
    Apparently he is liked by Childress , he slowly progressed up the lineup and eventually started week 17 last year and got a 3 year deal so that says something.
    Of course Rice will crack the starting lineup, especially if he bulks up he should be quite successful.
    And McMullen?
    Well hes a Chilly holdout so I am sure he will be around.
    So that leaves us with Williamson.
    After falling to 4 or so on the depth chart last year he has finally figured out its all in his eyes (thanks Oakley).
    How many players do we have on this team that have #7 pick talent?
    One, and thats him. As of now there is nobody else so he still has as good of chance as anybody as being #1 WR.
    Plus it looks like he is trying hard to locate his problem and fix it.

Here it is,
    VIKES WEEK 1 WR LINEUP!

1. Williamson (because theres nobody else yet)
    2. Rice ( could be perfect opposite Williamson)
    3. Wade ( perfect fit here)
    4. Allison ( could be #1 some day if he works hard enough)
    5. Nance (Chilly likes him, what else matters)
    6. McMullen (I guess you could say hes our veteran leader)

With Bethel Johnson gone Carter could take his place on special teams.
    Maybe 7 WRs suiting up this year.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast