Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    mogwai's Avatar
    mogwai is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    179

    starting to want tice back next season?

    :shock: the players obviously like him. the team is playing well through adversity.but, steve loney must be replaced...he's terrible

  2. #2
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: starting to want tice back next season?

    Loney will deff have to be replaced....probably teddy too...but Tice has really shown me alot of heart and determination.

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  3. #3
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,773

    Re: starting to want tice back next season?

    When they hand Tice the Super Bowl trophy then I think I might forgive him for the grey hair and dozen heart attacks he has given me....maybe
    Lots of players liked Denny, Jerry and of course Bud, Mike isn't the same calibre as these coaches and I'm not sure if he can do that here with the past history he is part of.
    We need a serious SB contender coach that commands respect when you hear his name, not how many tickets for the SB do you have.

  4. #4
    Articnv's Avatar
    Articnv is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: starting to want tice back next season?

    Tice has earned soem of my respect by bringing the outside help ie fazio and the other dude. Once they did we started to improve greatly.

    I disagree though Cortell needs to go he real doisnt make ingame adjustemnts and dosnt now how to blitz or stunts wich with our defnse they shoudl do more of.

    Mayeb with soem reall Cordinators tice could do better. If we make teh play off i think tice will be kept as there real isnt going to be a Great HC type around

  5. #5
    Wiggles67's Avatar
    Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    756

    Re: starting to want tice back next season?

    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    When they hand Tice the Super Bowl trophy then I think I might forgive him for the grey hair and dozen heart attacks he has given me....maybe
    Lots of players liked Denny, Jerry and of course Bud, Mike isn't the same calibre as these coaches and I'm not sure if he can do that here with the past history he is part of.
    We need a serious SB contender coach that commands respect when you hear his name, not how many tickets for the SB do you have.
    how can you say Denny is a better coach than Tice? please explain this

    "I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

  6. #6
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: starting to want tice back next season?

    Denny green isnt a better coach then TIce? whaaaaat, yes he is...Denny Green is a offensive Genius....If it wasnt for him, we would have never expierenced the era known as "Moss"

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  7. #7
    mogwai's Avatar
    mogwai is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    179

    Re: starting to want tice back next season?

    yeah i'm not sold on cotrell either.but, last year most if not all of us wanted rusty tillman out.now we have good special teams.so we'll see about teddy

  8. #8
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,773

    Re: starting to want tice back next season?

    "Wiggles67" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    When they hand Tice the Super Bowl trophy then I think I might forgive him for the grey hair and dozen heart attacks he has given me....maybe
    Lots of players liked Denny, Jerry and of course Bud, Mike isn't the same calibre as these coaches and I'm not sure if he can do that here with the past history he is part of.
    We need a serious SB contender coach that commands respect when you hear his name, not how many tickets for the SB do you have.
    how can you say Denny is a better coach than Tice? please explain this
    Denny did make serveral good teams by recycling good QB's through his system, Jimmy Mac, Moon, Cunningham, George and he did draft Brad.

  9. #9
    Wiggles67's Avatar
    Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    756

    Re: starting to want tice back next season?

    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Denny green isnt a better coach then TIce? whaaaaat, yes he is...Denny Green is a offensive Genius....If it wasnt for him, we would have never expierenced the era known as "Moss"
    I will give him his strengths on offense but he also had an offense that was STACKED so I dont know how much of that credit he actually deserved. I dont think he wasnt good at clock management and had absolutely no clue what was going on on the defensive side of the ball, I think this is obvious through his drafting and FA signing. But as an overall coach I think is a much more balance coach on both sides of the ball.

    "I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

  10. #10
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: starting to want tice back next season?

    I agree with what your sayin. Every week I start to like Tice a little more...but I think at this point in his career hes not up there with Denny yet.We did have a stacked offense...but denny did help build some of it...and I mean...we went 15-1 under Denny...if thats not good coaching and playing then IDk what is..

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. (MERGED) Booty could get starting job in pre-season
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 07:29 AM
  2. Redskins' starting LB McIntosh is lost for the season
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 10:01 AM
  3. Testaverde back to back up in his 21st season
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 11:58 AM
  4. Grossman gets his starting job back!!!
    By michaelmazid in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 03:02 AM
  5. what would it take for YOU to want tice back next season?
    By happy camper in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 05:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •