snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Starting RB News

Vikings | Smith Banged Up; Starting Status in Question
    Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:16:23 -0800

Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith (shoulder) has a shoulder stinger, but is not on the team's injury report and practiced through it Friday, Nov. 12. Head coach Mike Tice noted on a radio show that he may be inclined to go with RB Michael Bennett as his starting tailback in Week 10 due to the shoulder stinger.

Vikings | Bennett May Start in Week 10
    Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:15:48 -0800

Minnesota Vikings RB Michael Bennett may get the starting nod in Week 10 due to RB Onterrio Smith (shoulder) being banged up. Head coach Mike Tice noted on a radio show that he may be inclined to go with Bennett as their starter ahead of Smith due to the injury.

This info is from kffl.com and they are not the most reliable when it comes to Viking news.

Tice was just leaning towards Smith yesterday and it doesn't sound too serious of an injury if he played through it in practice today?????

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Starting RB News

That sucks a little bit, Oh well Bennett is known to tear Slacker A$$. Hope he breaks some long ones.

GO BENNETT!!!!!!!!!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Starting RB News

By the way, Moore is out for this game, he will not play.

If he Practiced he should be ok, if not oh well let him heal up. You cant go wrong with Moe, he's clutch, always gets the job done.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Starting RB News

If Bennett does start hopefully he notices that he has to play one helluva game to get his permanent position back. Maybe he'll see that and put a little extra effort in this one...
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Starting RB News

I actually wanted smith to start regarless of an injury. He has really shown me how well he can move with the ball whether its receiving or running the footballl. Morely running the ball though.

DOnt mind bennett but smith is the better choice i think for the team.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Starting RB News

I even saw another report that said that Bennett is starting but Smmith will still get most of the carries.

I saw another report earlier in the week that said Bennett was going to be inactive and Moore was going to be back in.

Someone is pulling our chain around here.

Big C is offline Coordinator

Starting RB News

I think the Vikes have a solid running game so whoever you put in the back is going to have a good day (except when playing the Giants D!). So Bennet will bring some stuff that Moore and Smith don't have. Regardless I don't see us having much of an impact no matter who starts. I don't think we will see too much of a difference regardless of who starts. Bennet held the starting job through pre-season over Moore and Smith so maybe we'll see why that was this weekend.

Go VIKES!!
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Starting RB News

More news on espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1922022

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Starting RB News

"snowinapril" wrote:
    More news on espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1922022
    Yeah, I saw that earlier...interesting, but I am not concerned...Bennett has proven that he is more than capable (when healthy) of producing...but we know that we have got proven RBs that can come off the bench should MB falter. Of more concern, is whether the WR corps will step up and fill the breech in Moss's absence...if that happens, then the Vikes should have no problem vanquishing the Pack!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE