Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Starting QB job up for grabs next season - Childress noncommittal on Jackson

"Frostbite" wrote:
    Every Job will be open to production/performance during TC. It will be up to T.Jack to win it by showing he's doing what is expected by the C. Staff. This will be true even if a proven Vet like McNab comes here.

I think next year is the bubble season for T.Jack. Even if he wins the starting job out of camp he's going to be closely watched for signs of improvement in decision maiking, and performance in critical game situations. He will either have gotten over the stupid mistakes and be playing his best football....or he will be moving on or benched by the end of 08. I think the kid deserves the chance to work hard in the off-season, come in ready, and knock the socks off everyone's expectations of him. He's got a lot of work to do.

Cheers!
    It is the bubble season for TJ and Chilly. If we do not make the playoffs next year, they both should be gone.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: Starting QB job up for grabs next season - Childress noncommittal on Jackson

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    Every Job will be open to production/performance during TC. It will be up to T.Jack to win it by showing he's doing what is expected by the C. Staff. This will be true even if a proven Vet like McNab comes here.

I think next year is the bubble season for T.Jack. Even if he wins the starting job out of camp he's going to be closely watched for signs of improvement in decision maiking, and performance in critical game situations. He will either have gotten over the stupid mistakes and be playing his best football....or he will be moving on or benched by the end of 08. I think the kid deserves the chance to work hard in the off-season, come in ready, and knock the socks off everyone's expectations of him. He's got a lot of work to do.

Cheers!
    It is the bubble season for TJ and Chilly. If we do not make the playoffs next year, they both should be gone.

I tend to agree with that, although Childress might get a pass into 09 from Ziggy regardless of where we finish in 08.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!
    I'm not sure about Childress though, if we improve and show progress i think that he gets another year to run the team and why not? if you keep progressing there's no reason to get fired IMO. if next season doesn't shows any of that than it could be a critical year yes
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!
    I'm not sure about Childress though, if we improve and show progress i think that he gets another year to run the team and why not? if you keep progressing there's no reason to get fired IMO. if next season doesn't shows any of that than it could be a critical year yes
    The Chiller isn't going anywhere and he isn't tied to TJ in anyway other than on message boards such as this and my newpaper hacks who like to stir things up.

The owner ship group was well aware of what they faced going into this season with the talent that was provided to the coaching staff.

I for one believe this staff did a good job of getting this team ready to play (well almost every week) given the circumstances.

A good draft will happen again, a few FA will be brought in and things will continue to improve as they did this year.

Isn't that the bar everyone set at the beginning of the year?
    Get better and improve?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Frostbite is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!
    The Chiller isn't going anywhere and he isn't tied to TJ in anyway other than on message boards such as this and my newpaper hacks who like to stir things up.

The owner ship group was well aware of what they faced going into this season with the talent that was provided to the coaching staff.

I for one believe this staff did a good job of getting this team ready to play (well almost every week) given the circumstances.

A good draft will happen again, a few FA will be brought in and things will continue to improve as they did this year.

Get better and improve?

I was speaking of 08 being T.Jacks bubble season. I agree Childress will be here for awhile and I think he and Ziggy have a good understanding currently about the team as a whole, with regard to future growth etc.

I think the potential for having a great 08 with T.Jack playing his best football is possible, but he's certainly going to be watched closely in TC and in the pre-season by the coaches. He has a lot of work to do in the off-season to get it done.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings starting QB job still up for grabs for next season

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=40899.msg696978#msg696978 date=1198586846]
    [size=13pt]Childress noncommittal over quarterback's long-term future [/size]

The Vikings coach won't say Tarvaris Jackson will be the starter in 2007, explaining that he wants to evaluate the total body of work.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: December 24, 2007 - 9:19 PM

That's it. They've seen it. Barring a run into the 2007 postseason, the Vikings have collected the vast majority of raw data they're going to have for making the most critical decision of their offseason....
    THERE IT IS.......THERE IT IS.

"I want to see the rest of the season, obviously, and I'm not looking at [Denver] as our last game," Childress said. "But the best thing I think to do is, we always talk about it. [Vice President of Player Personnel] Rick [Spielman] and I will talk about it. The coaches will talk about it. And you're always better served just to step away and look at things from a distance."
    Is this a re-occuring theme or what.
    Comeon, someone prove me wrong or convince me otherwise that the Chiller isn't really the author of or the decision maker behined this whole Jackson experiment.

He has been toeing the line cause it is a front office mandate to "Develop" this team and see were they stand, but gol 'darnit fella's, how many times do we have to see quotes like this before we finally figure this out and quite saying that he is like some little Hitler up there forcing this issue.

I am happy know.
    The Chiller has the ammo (TJ's performances) as ammo to really get someone in here to run this offense.

gol 'darnit, this is a gonna be a great off year.
    ;D
    That can be spun 2 ways.

You could say that Childress has to lobby Spielman to do what he wants or it could be that Spielman is asking Childress what he needs to win and does what the coach wants.

The spin you take is up to you but isn't necessarily right or wrong.
    I agree it could go either way, however, in most cases Spielman is the one who is calling player personnel shots with buying from the Owner, Coach and of course Bryzcheapski.

Remember the famous quote I was using with regard to the Tuna and how he of all coaches didn't get to make player personnel decisions.
    Guess what, we saw that in Dallas (TO) and now it is being touted again that since he took the Miami gig, finally has that authority.

Very funny how most people don't understand how organizations work.
    With that said, I think my spin is pretty accurate.
    I thought we were talking about the Vikings and not the cowboys? What they do has no bearing on what we do and even that organization has gone through changes. Jimmy Johnson was very involved and instrumental in choosing the talent when Jones first took over.

Back to the Vikings,though.
    I have yet to see a blueprint that was approved by the club as authentic that shows Childress is just a puppet and that Brzynski is his Geppetto. If Wilf has the confidence he says he does in Childress, I am sure that Brad has input on who to bring in.

Ahhh now your just trying to get me riled up.

The Cowboys are just one example of how that blueprint is infact utilized by other teams.
    Discount it away if you want but that is the way things run.

As to the Vikes, if the Chiller had all the power, why would the Wilfs use a term like Triangle of Authorit?
    Why didn't Wilf fire the Chiller last year after the way the draft was run and poor player personnel decisions were made during that draft?

Comeon my friend.
    Ignore the facts and my assumptions all you want but the Chiller just doesn't have the power that most believe. I for one think that is a good thing.
    Case in point.
    Look at the only team you can really call a dynasty in this present day era.......The Pats.......

They have a GM and a Player Personnel staff.
    The Head Coach does just that. Coach and of course provide input on player decisions.

Look, I am not saying that the Coaching staff doesn't have a say in who is brought in but all the research/scouting is done by that department and not the Head Coach my friend.
    [/quote]

Then try this:

Merry Christmas ;D

Re: Vikings starting QB job still up for grabs for next season

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=40899.msg696985#msg696985 date=1198587866]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=40899.msg696978#msg696978 date=1198586846]
    [size=13pt]Childress noncommittal over quarterback's long-term future [/size]

The Vikings coach won't say Tarvaris Jackson will be the starter in 2007, explaining that he wants to evaluate the total body of work.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: December 24, 2007 - 9:19 PM

That's it. They've seen it. Barring a run into the 2007 postseason, the Vikings have collected the vast majority of raw data they're going to have for making the most critical decision of their offseason....
    THERE IT IS.......THERE IT IS.

"I want to see the rest of the season, obviously, and I'm not looking at [Denver] as our last game," Childress said. "But the best thing I think to do is, we always talk about it. [Vice President of Player Personnel] Rick [Spielman] and I will talk about it. The coaches will talk about it. And you're always better served just to step away and look at things from a distance."
    Is this a re-occuring theme or what.

Comeon, someone prove me wrong or convince me otherwise that the Chiller isn't really the author of or the decision maker behined this whole Jackson experiment.

He has been toeing the line cause it is a front office mandate to "Develop" this team and see were they stand, but gol 'darnit fella's, how many times do we have to see quotes like this before we finally figure this out and quite saying that he is like some little Hitler up there forcing this issue.

I am happy know.
    The Chiller has the ammo (TJ's performances) as ammo to really get someone in here to run this offense.

gol 'darnit, this is a gonna be a great off year.

;D
    That can be spun 2 ways.

You could say that Childress has to lobby Spielman to do what he wants or it could be that Spielman is asking Childress what he needs to win and does what the coach wants.

The spin you take is up to you but isn't necessarily right or wrong.
    I agree it could go either way, however, in most cases Spielman is the one who is calling player personnel shots with buying from the Owner, Coach and of course Bryzcheapski.

Remember the famous quote I was using with regard to the Tuna and how he of all coaches didn't get to make player personnel decisions.
    Guess what, we saw that in Dallas (TO) and now it is being touted again that since he took the Miami gig, finally has that authority.

Very funny how most people don't understand how organizations work.
    With that said, I think my spin is pretty accurate.
    I thought we were talking about the Vikings and not the cowboys? What they do has no bearing on what we do and even that organization has gone through changes. Jimmy Johnson was very involved and instrumental in choosing the talent when Jones first took over.

Back to the Vikings,though.

I have yet to see a blueprint that was approved by the club as authentic that shows Childress is just a puppet and that Brzynski is his Geppetto. If Wilf has the confidence he says he does in Childress, I am sure that Brad has input on who to bring in.

Ahhh now your just trying to get me riled up.

The Cowboys are just one example of how that blueprint is infact utilized by other teams.
    Discount it away if you want but that is the way things run.

As to the Vikes, if the Chiller had all the power, why would the Wilfs use a term like Triangle of Authorit?
    Why didn't Wilf fire the Chiller last year after the way the draft was run and poor player personnel decisions were made during that draft?

Comeon my friend.
    Ignore the facts and my assumptions all you want but the Chiller just doesn't have the power that most believe. I for one think that is a good thing.
    Case in point.
    Look at the only team you can really call a dynasty in this present day era.......The Pats.......

They have a GM and a Player Personnel staff.
    The Head Coach does just that. Coach and of course provide input on player decisions.

Look, I am not saying that the Coaching staff doesn't have a say in who is brought in but all the research/scouting is done by that department and not the Head Coach my friend.
    [/quote]

Then try this:

Merry Christmas ;D
    [/quote]

Well played my friend.
    Well played indeed.
    Same to you and yours.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Get better and improve?
    What?! If we do not make the playoffs next year, he is gone.

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!
    How does not making the playoffs next year showing progression?

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:

Cheers!

Get better and improve?
    What?! If we do not make the playoffs next year, he is gone.
    Are you telling me that if (for instance) we go 10-6 and don't win our division, the other wild cards are 11-5 or 10-6 and beat us in tie breakers you would fire him?

We have a very good chance of going 9-7, we were in almost every game (2 I am very unhappy with) and were (still are to a degree) in the playoff race right up to the end of the year with a:

a. New D-coord.
    b. Not the best D against the pass (that got better as the year went on)
    c. Still trying to implement a very complicated blocking scheme (that continues to get better)
    d. A very unspectactular recieving corp
    e. And most importantly probably one of the shackiest selection of QB's in the NFC.
    f.
    Barring the GB PUKERS (by one year less than us) were the youngest team in the league.

Comeon my friend, you have to admit that this coaching staff earned thier stripes and did very well with this team.
    Is there room for them to improve as a coaching staff.
    Yes, but damn I think they did a good job.

This team (with a few select players) got better every game.
    The experience those kids got will pay huge dividends next year if they are still starters or if they provide depth behind a few added FA's.

No place to go but up, as we did this year my friend.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast