Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Starting QB job up for grabs next season - Childress noncommittal on Jackson

"mountainviking" wrote:
    On a side note involving QBs...CLE just resigned their third QB, Dorsey, to a three year extension.
    Wonder what that means to their other two QBs...?
    PFT says Quinn lobbied for him:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

So what does the move to keep Dorsey through 2010 mean?
    On one hand, it could be viewed as a sign that the Browns will look to move restricted free agent Derek Anderson in the offseason, since the deal puts Dorsey in position to be the long-term mentor for Quinn.
    On the other hand, the decision could be a precursor to a long-term contract with Anderson.

Why, you ask?
    Because even though the sock puppets have been presuming that the Browns could painlessly keep Anderson and Quinn for the next several years because Quinn has a manageable contract, Quinn's contract is based on the presumption that he'll be playing -- and thus earning those big-money incentives.

So if the Browns plan to squat on Quinn for the next four years, they'll need to otherwise keep him happy.
    And one way to do it is to have his pal Ken under contract.
    I still think they'll try to keep them all for one more year...unless, putting the tag on Anderson would be too ridiculous cost wise...wouldn't it be the average of the top 5 paid QBs to put the highest tender on him?
    That might be a lot of dough (and salary cap)
    That is a very interesting twist my Purple Mountain Friend.

Couple of things......

a.
    There is gonna be another $7 mil added to the CAP this year.
    I am sure that most teams will be able to keep someone they probably couldn't have had the $$ for.
    b.
    If they put the tag on Anderson he would in essence be playing for 1 year contract with no gauranteed long term future.
    I wouldn't think he would stand in the pocket and take to many shots.
    Not sure if a coaching staff would want a guy out there worried about what next year might not bring.

Long story short, I wouldn't want to be the Browns GM at this point in the game.
    It will be fun to watch this one play out.
    ;D

Thanks for the read.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Starting QB job up for grabs next season - Childress noncommittal on Jackson

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I will put money down that McNabb, if not in Philly next year, will be in Chicago.
    You are right SIA, that is a real possibility. I wrote some time ago it will be interesting to see if he has a choice where he goes will he go to Chicago or Minnesota. For all the talk about Childress teaching him all he knows and their past association, if he goes to Chicago it will show me he hates Childress and doesn't think much of him as a coach.
    How do you get that idea? I mean, I chose a salami sandwich over bologna today, I really hope bologna doesn't think I hate it. Because I don't, I just wanted Salami.

There would be many more variables to consider in the decision than just what he thinks of Childress. To draw the conclusion that him going elsewhere is evidence of him hating Childress would be speculative at best.
    I don't think that would show anything at all.
    There is so many organizational things that go into a trade.
    Maybe Childress wanted him but the front office/Wilf said no.
    It shows nothing.
    We all know there's the Chilly/Eagles connection and that Reid and Chilly are best friends. From the sounds of Childress he also sounds like he's responsible for McNabb's success because he taught him all he knows. Now let's just assume for a moment that he could go to Chicago or the Vikings and all money deals were equal. Don't you think if Chilly was such a good coach and taught him all he knows that he would choose to take the deal at Chicago? Especially since the Vikings are an up and coming team and all they need is a good QB to go places.
    Now granted there is the thought that Speilman or Wilf could nix the deal but I stil think if Chilly says, "Hey, I could win big with this guy" they wouldn't go along with his wishes? It's obvious Wilf has the final say and so far he's backing Childress as far as I can see.
    It wouold be a slap in the face if McNabb went somewhere else if all other things were equal. To me that would be him saying "I don't want to go to the Vikings because I know Childress and he's a loser.
    See, but all things will never be equal if Chicago is in the mix. McNabb went to Mt. Carmel high school. If he's deciding between Chicago and Minneapolis, guess which one is closer?

[img width=450 height=301]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/large%20pics/MtCarmel-1.jpg[/img]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"josdin00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    [quote author=snowinapril link=topic=40899.msg697557#msg697557 date=1198714181]
    I will put money down that McNabb, if not in Philly next year, will be in Chicago.
    You are right SIA, that is a real possibility. I wrote some time ago it will be interesting to see if he has a choice where he goes will he go to Chicago or Minnesota. For all the talk about Childress teaching him all he knows and their past association, if he goes to Chicago it will show me he hates Childress and doesn't think much of him as a coach.
    How do you get that idea? I mean, I chose a salami sandwich over bologna today, I really hope bologna doesn't think I hate it. Because I don't, I just wanted Salami.

There would be many more variables to consider in the decision than just what he thinks of Childress. To draw the conclusion that him going elsewhere is evidence of him hating Childress would be speculative at best.
    I don't think that would show anything at all.
    There is so many organizational things that go into a trade.
    Maybe Childress wanted him but the front office/Wilf said no.
    It shows nothing.
    We all know there's the Chilly/Eagles connection and that Reid and Chilly are best friends. From the sounds of Childress he also sounds like he's responsible for McNabb's success because he taught him all he knows. Now let's just assume for a moment that he could go to Chicago or the Vikings and all money deals were equal. Don't you think if Chilly was such a good coach and taught him all he knows that he would choose to take the deal at Chicago? Especially since the Vikings are an up and coming team and all they need is a good QB to go places.
    Now granted there is the thought that Speilman or Wilf could nix the deal but I stil think if Chilly says, "Hey, I could win big with this guy" they wouldn't go along with his wishes? It's obvious Wilf has the final say and so far he's backing Childress as far as I can see.
    It wouold be a slap in the face if McNabb went somewhere else if all other things were equal. To me that would be him saying "I don't want to go to the Vikings because I know Childress and he's a loser.
    See, but all things will never be equal if Chicago is in the mix. McNabb went to Mt. Carmel high school. If he's deciding between Chicago and Minneapolis, guess which one is closer?

[img width=450 height=301]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/large%20pics/MtCarmel-1.jpg[/img]

[/quote]
    I gotta agree with Jos on this one.

I know alot of you really believe that I am some sort of Childress worshiper or something but I not really.
    I only point these types of things out to make sure that you all understand that the HC just doesn't have the power that most of you believe and it really isn't up to him on what players are put on the field.

As to Donavan, the Chiller might want him but he has got to get Bryzcheapski, Spielmen and the ownership to buy into a decision like that. Granted he will get a vote in it, however.......

Take a look at the articles below.
    It might help you see why I believe I am right in this regard.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...d-2008-nfl-dr/
    Sid Hartman of the Star-Tribune quotes Rick Spielman, the Vikings' vice president of player personnel, on the quarterbacks he's looking at:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2463358

The hire turned out to be a disaster, with Foley being fired on May 3 after inaccuracies on his resume, clashes with other Vikings management and a draft that was widely panned.
    Though effusive in his praise of Wilf and Childress, Spielman was reluctant to talk about the actual power structure and who would be making the final decisions. He said he would work with Childress, vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski and director of college scouting Scott Studwell.

"Sure, we're going to have disagreements, just like everybody else does," Spielman said. "But, it's not what's best for me, it's not what's best for coach Childress, it's not what's best for Scott Studwell, it's what's best for the Minnesota Vikings. And that's what we're going to do."
    http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S72173.shtml?cat=1

This weekend, he will be presiding over his first draft as the Minnesota Vikings vice president of player personnel.
    Tales of shouting matches involving the head-strong Foley circulated through the Vikings' Winter Park headquarters, and one of Spielman's main tasks was to unite the coaches, scouts and personnel department.
    http://min.scout.com/2/640628.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

It's a young mans dream to play for the team that you have supported since you were a little boy, than there could be 10 coaches that have taught him everything he knows on the Vikings team he still would choose for the bears at least i would.. It remains to be seen what happends IF he doesn't stays with the Eagles.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    It's a young mans dream to play for the team that you have supported since you were a little boy, than there could be 10 coaches that have taught him everything he knows on the Vikings team he still would choose for the bears at least i would.. It remains to be seen what happends IF he doesn't stays with the Eagles.
    Yup.
    I can't really imagine anybody making me want to play for a team more than I would the Vikings!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910