Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Starters Will Play One Quarter Friday

    http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/


    Coach Brad Childress said today that the Vikings will play their starters, including QB Tarvaris Jackson, for the first quarter on Friday against the Rams at the Metrodome.

    That means the starters will get two, maybe three, series.

    Brooks Bollinger will replace Jackson in the second quarter.

    Cornerback Marcus McCauley missed practices today because of a virus. Defensive lineman Darrion Scott returned to afternoon practice after missing morning workouts because of a personal matter. Mewelde Moore, whose wife had a baby this week, was also back this afternoon.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Starters Will Play One Quarter Friday

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/


    Coach Brad Childress said today that the Vikings will play their starters, including QB Tarvaris Jackson, for the first quarter on Friday against the Rams at the Metrodome.

    That means the starters will get two, maybe three, series.

    Brooks Bollinger will replace Jackson in the second quarter.

    Cornerback Marcus McCauley missed practices today because of a virus. Defensive lineman Darrion Scott returned to afternoon practice after missing morning workouts because of a personal matter. Mewelde Moore, whose wife had a baby this week, was also back this afternoon.
    I know injuries are a big concern, but if you know that tjack is gonna be the starter shouldn't he get all the experience he can? At least give him the first half.

  3. #3
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Starters Will Play One Quarter Friday

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/


    Coach Brad Childress said today that the Vikings will play their starters, including QB Tarvaris Jackson, for the first quarter on Friday against the Rams at the Metrodome.

    That means the starters will get two, maybe three, series.

    Brooks Bollinger will replace Jackson in the second quarter.

    Cornerback Marcus McCauley missed practices today because of a virus. Defensive lineman Darrion Scott returned to afternoon practice after missing morning workouts because of a personal matter. Mewelde Moore, whose wife had a baby this week, was also back this afternoon.
    I know injuries are a big concern, but if you know that tjack is gonna be the starter shouldn't he get all the experience he can? At least give him the first half.
    This fits with what most teams do.
    Usually the first team's playing time goes like this for the pre-season:
    game 1: one quarter
    game 2: one half
    game 3: 3 quarters
    game 4: maybe 1 series, usually 0 playing time.


    The thought process is for T-Jack to get his timing down with the first team.
    You don't want him playing with first team, second team and third teams due to gelling with the other starters.
    While you may want T-Jack to get as much playing time as possible, we certainly don't want to expose McKinney, Hutch, Birk etc. to needless injuries. (Any wedge-breaking scenario's coming to mind?)

  4. #4
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Starters Will Play One Quarter Friday

    theres a mini MeMo running around!


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  5. #5
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: Starters Will Play One Quarter Friday

    I can't wait to see our team play, man. I am pumped up !!

    Can't wait to see "All Day" make his first real NFL rush.

    Regarding injuries, I have always agreed with John Madden: if you are afraid to get injured playing in the NFL, it is time to put the helmet and pads away.

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Starters Will Play One Quarter Friday

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I can't wait to see our team play, man. I am pumped up !!

    Can't wait to see "All Day" make his first real NFL rush.

    Regarding injuries, I have always agreed with John Madden: if you are afraid to get injured playing in the NFL, it is time to put the helmet and pads away.
    I wouldn't go around bragging about that... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Starters Will Play One Quarter Friday

    For the personal safety dont brag about agreeing with John Madden ;D

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Starters Will Play One Quarter Friday

    Anyone know Maddens rating in Madden?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Starters Will Play One Quarter Friday

    I won't be at that game but I can't wait to see this new squad in action.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings will rest Favre, other starters Friday
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 09:18 AM
  2. Coughlin says starters will play
    By FuadFan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 07:59 AM
  3. Childress: Starters won't play Thursday
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 09:36 AM
  4. Friday Insider: First Quarter Action
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 06:12 AM
  5. Moss' late 2nd quarter play against the Broncos Video
    By koolkev8 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 12:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •