Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: A start worth repeating - Johnson to start against Jets

I expected this. Johnson torched them with 150 yards and now he's king of the hill again.

The good news is, this weekend when we play a real team, his true colors will come out.

I don't want to really get into it with this post, but I remember saying at the beginning of the season (or when I first heard Johnson was our starter) that this will be painful and boring. Not trying a "I told you so argument" but I will be really tested next year if Johnson is our starting QB.

As much as I love this team, I don't really want to have to watch him trash next year too.

Del Rio Guest

"Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    [quote author=Del Rio link=topic=29822.msg509320#msg509320 date=1166027339]
    Who gives a pooh if Brad didn't WOW anyone? His job is not to WOW you.

Our offense put up 30 points last week, that is enough. Now if the offense can block, if the WR's can catch, and if Brad Johnson can calm down and stop throwing ints then this could be something good regardless if his performance makes your pants tight or not.

If we keep running the way we do, all he needs to do is handoff, and if we win the who really gives a pooh?
    You can run like that when you are up, if you are trying to come back you need to throw. Thats when you will start giving a crap what your quorterback does. And when BJ throws a drive-killing int, or checks down for 1 yard when you need 15, you will realize that you SHOULD care who your QB is.
    No one ever said you shouldn't care what he does or who he is I said who gives a pooh if he doens't WOW YOU! No one does but you thats who.

How many games have we been down enough to justify abandoning the run?

As I said yes he needs to stop throwing INT's, he needs to take the sack or get rid of it. The fact that he doesn't wow you is not an issue to anyone but the person not being WOWed.
    The point Caine was trying to make is that he didnt impress or reasure anyone with his performance. No one expects him to throw bombs or make spectacular plays anymore, but he didnt have a solid, old-Brad like game. Maybe you should try to read entire posts instead of focusing on one word.
    Maybe you should do the same, my entire post was summarizing that one aspect of his, I did not comment on his entire post which I did read. If I wanted to I would have and had I, I would have included much more.

I don't need your advice especially when apparently you fail to follow it so keep it to yourself.

I did focus on one word. And my post purposely reflected that. Had I generalized his entire thread it would be an issue I did not. I simply stated who gives a pooh if he wows you.
    I hand out advices whenever I feel like. Whether you choose to follow them or not doesnt really concern me.

Picking out a single word and missing the point of the rest of the post is weak. People have the right to be impressed or not impressed by something, you butting in and telling us that no one cares is even weaker. If no one cares, that includes you, right? And if you dont care, why are you posting? Indeed, keep it to yourself.
    [/quote]

Again follow your own advice.

or don't and keep making yourself look like a complete fool and hypocrite either way it's all good.

I didn't miss the point of his post, and for the third time I wasn't commenting on the point of his post. I guess it is a pretty advanced concept for someone to grasp onto that it really doesn't matter if he WOW's you or not. Simple statement. Most organisms in the universe could probably wrap some of their gray matter around that.

I saw his whole thread it talked about being impressed with Pinner, which I really was more impressed with our offensive line. I wasn't impressed with his fumble either. Then at the end he basically says he is here and we have no choice but to cheer for him. Yeah I agree, and if I felt like commenting on it I would have.

What is weak is you advising people how to post while in the very same post that you give advice you manage the impossible and do exactly what you are advising not to do......not once......but twice...... You don't like that I focused on one statement in his post, made a comment (THAT WASN'T IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM DIRECTED AT HIM) Boo fricken hoo for you I guess. Run on down to Wal-mart and buy yourself a shovel to remove some of that sand from your vagina.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    [quote author=Storm link=topic=29822.msg509340#msg509340 date=1166030370]

Our offense put up 30 points last week, that is enough. Now if the offense can block, if the WR's can catch, and if Brad Johnson can calm down and stop throwing ints then this could be something good regardless if his performance makes your pants tight or not.

If we keep running the way we do, all he needs to do is handoff, and if we win the who really gives a pooh?
    You can run like that when you are up, if you are trying to come back you need to throw. Thats when you will start giving a crap what your quorterback does. And when BJ throws a drive-killing int, or checks down for 1 yard when you need 15, you will realize that you SHOULD care who your QB is.
    No one ever said you shouldn't care what he does or who he is I said who gives a pooh if he doens't WOW YOU! No one does but you thats who.

As I said yes he needs to stop throwing INT's, he needs to take the sack or get rid of it. The fact that he doesn't wow you is not an issue to anyone but the person not being WOWed.
    The point Caine was trying to make is that he didnt impress or reasure anyone with his performance. No one expects him to throw bombs or make spectacular plays anymore, but he didnt have a solid, old-Brad like game. Maybe you should try to read entire posts instead of focusing on one word.
    Maybe you should do the same, my entire post was summarizing that one aspect of his, I did not comment on his entire post which I did read. If I wanted to I would have and had I, I would have included much more.

I don't need your advice especially when apparently you fail to follow it so keep it to yourself.

I did focus on one word. And my post purposely reflected that. Had I generalized his entire thread it would be an issue I did not. I simply stated who gives a pooh if he wows you.
    I hand out advices whenever I feel like. Whether you choose to follow them or not doesnt really concern me.

Picking out a single word and missing the point of the rest of the post is weak. People have the right to be impressed or not impressed by something, you butting in and telling us that no one cares is even weaker. If no one cares, that includes you, right? And if you dont care, why are you posting? Indeed, keep it to yourself.
    [/quote]

or don't and keep making yourself look like a complete fool and hypocrite either way it's all good.

I didn't miss the point of his post, and for the third time I wasn't commenting on the point of his post. I guess it is a pretty advanced concept for someone to grasp onto that it really doesn't matter if he WOW's you or not. Simple statement. Most organisms in the universe could probably wrap some of their gray matter around that.

I saw his whole thread it talked about being impressed with Pinner, which I really was more impressed with our offensive line. I wasn't impressed with his fumble either. Then at the end he basically says he is here and we have no choice but to cheer for him. Yeah I agree, and if I felt like commenting on it I would have.

What is weak is you advising people how to post while in the very same post that you give advice you manage the impossible and do exactly what you are advising not to do......not once......but twice...... You don't like that I focused on one statement in his post, made a comment (THAT WASN'T IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM DIRECTED AT HIM) Boo fricken hoo for you I guess. Run on down to Wal-mart and buy yourself a shovel to remove some of that sand from your vagina.

[/quote]

DAG!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

BJ is a pathetic QB right now IMO. He doesnt manage the offense well, hes very inaccurate with anything over 20 yards. hes throwing INTs, and not throwing many TDs. Any QB in the NFL could make the short throws BJs makes in our WCO. A good QB would find Wiggins open more or a streaking WR, or even a slant. Even if thats not what the play calls for. Good QBs improvise.

I would say start Brooks if hes ready, but I think BJ is used to how truely terrible our Oline is with pass protection, and less likely to take a sack.

I think Childress will pull BJ if he sucks. If Brooks is still hurt (is he still hurt? havent seen any info on him this week) it will be interesting to see what TJ can do this late into the season.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Brooks is listed as Questionable for this week.
    Here is the current injury report:

New York Jets at Minnesota Vikings

[size=12pt]NYJ[/size]

QUESTIONABLE
    FB B.J. Askew (Foot)
    CB David Barrett (Hip)
    OLB Matt Chatham (Foot)
    SS Eric Smith (Foot)
    DE Bryan Thomas (Shoulder)

PROBABLE
    RB Kevan Barlow (Calf)
    CB Andre Dyson (Thigh)
    DE Shaun Ellis (Ankle)
    RB Cedric Houston (Knee)
    WR Justin McCareins (Foot)
    DT Rashad Moore (Hand)
    QB Chad Pennington (Calf)
    WR Brad Smith (Shoulder)
    FS Rashad Washington (Illness)

[size=12pt]MIN [/size]

DOUBTFUL
    RB Chester Taylor (Ribs)

QUESTIONABLE
    QB Brooks Bollinger (Shoulder)
    G Artis Hicks (Ankle)

PROBABLE
    C Matt Birk (Neck)
    CB Cedric Griffin (Neck)
    MLB Napoleon Harris (Wrist)
    T Marcus Johnson (Foot)
    P Chris Kluwe (Wrist)
    WR Marcus Robinson (Ankle)
    TE Jermaine Wiggins (Knee)
    NT Pat Williams (Knee)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

"Del" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    [quote author=Storm link=topic=29822.msg509340#msg509340 date=1166030370]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You keep repeating for what, fifth time now that something WOWing someone doesnt matter. You sure as hell post a lot about something that doesnt matter. Even if you repeat 10,000 more times, it still wont change the fact that you missed the point of his post. And no, I dont care whether you did it intentionally or not. Only now you actually managed to talk about something more relevant to the thread, everything posted by you prior was a baseless, incredibly stupid attack on a single word. OH NOES, someone is not impressed by BJ! Lets butt in and start barking like a Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd dog. You picked one word and started moaning about it, and keep moaning for five posts now. We get it, you're cool and you dont care. Now go measure that 5 millimeter ***** of yours, I think it might have grown to 6 because of all of that studly manliness you displayed in this thread.

Maybe you should switch spots with me trying to tackle del lol hahaha. Rating the insults, I've gotta say del wins. A small dick beats a sandy vagina any day lol. Take it easy people-talk to my cat..
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Storm" wrote:
    You keep repeating for what, fifth time now that something WOWing someone doesnt matter. You sure as hell post a lot about something that doesnt matter. Even if you repeat 10,000 more times, it still wont change the fact that you missed the point of his post. And no, I dont care whether you did it intentionally or not. Only now you actually managed to talk about something more relevant to the thread, everything posted by you prior was a baseless, incredibly stupid attack on a single word. OH NOES, someone is not impressed by BJ! Lets butt in and start barking like a Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd dog. You picked one word and started moaning about it, and keep moaning for five posts now. We get it, you're cool and you dont care. Now go measure that 5 millimeter ***** of yours, I think it might have grown to 6 because of all of that studly manliness you displayed in this thread.
    How do you know how big Del's schlong is?
    Wait... Have you two met before?
    I knew I sensed some chemistry here!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

davike is offline Team Alumni

yikes...very ineresting convo going back and forth between del and storm. i think that we do need to care about who is at QB because like del said, when behind we need to throw. but hopefully with our good defense, we are never going to be behind that much, but we still would need to throw. so yeah we need a good QB, but we still need to keep our running up. if we just had the good ole consistent brad back, we would be just fine. but we need to pass to open up a good solid run game.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

I think Brad has thrown about half as many pics for touchdowns as he has touchdowns this year...

Either way you put it, that just sucks!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast