Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: A start worth repeating - Johnson to start against Jets

Have to disagree with the article when he said his arm was hit on that play, that is a pile of crap!
    He panicked and throw the ball at a receiver without seeing the coverage was so tight, it wasn't a great play by the defender it was a bad play by Brad.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

Who gives a shit if Brad didn't WOW anyone? His job is not to WOW you.

Our offense put up 30 points last week, that is enough. Now if the offense can block, if the WR's can catch, and if Brad Johnson can calm down and stop throwing ints then this could be something good regardless if his performance makes your pants tight or not.

If we keep running the way we do, all he needs to do is handoff, and if we win the who really gives a shit?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I will tolerate Brad starting the rest of the season...as long as he doesn't screw up and cost us points.
    Otherwise, give him the hook and put TJ in there!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

"Del" wrote:
    Who gives a pooh if Brad didn't WOW anyone? His job is not to WOW you.

Our offense put up 30 points last week, that is enough. Now if the offense can block, if the WR's can catch, and if Brad Johnson can calm down and stop throwing ints then this could be something good regardless if his performance makes your pants tight or not.

If we keep running the way we do, all he needs to do is handoff, and if we win the who really gives a pooh?
    You can run like that when you are up, if you are trying to come back you need to throw. Thats when you will start giving a crap what your quorterback does. And when BJ throws a drive-killing int, or checks down for 1 yard when you need 15, you will realize that you SHOULD care who your QB is.

Del Rio Guest

"Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

If we keep running the way we do, all he needs to do is handoff, and if we win the who really gives a pooh?
    You can run like that when you are up, if you are trying to come back you need to throw. Thats when you will start giving a crap what your quorterback does. And when BJ throws a drive-killing int, or checks down for 1 yard when you need 15, you will realize that you SHOULD care who your QB is.
    No one ever said you shouldn't care what he does or who he is I said who gives a shit if he doens't WOW YOU! No one does but you thats who.

How many games have we been down enough to justify abandoning the run?

As I said yes he needs to stop throwing INT's, he needs to take the sack or get rid of it. The fact that he doesn't wow you is not an issue to anyone but the person not being WOWed.

"Del" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

No one ever said you shouldn't care what he does or who he is I said who gives a pooh if he doens't WOW YOU! No one does but you thats who.

As I said yes he needs to stop throwing INT's, he needs to take the sack or get rid of it. The fact that he doesn't wow you is not an issue to anyone but the person not being WOWed.
    The point Caine was trying to make is that he didnt impress or reasure anyone with his performance. No one expects him to throw bombs or make spectacular plays anymore, but he didnt have a solid, old-Brad like game. Maybe you should try to read entire posts instead of focusing on one word.

marantzo is offline Rookie

So BJ has a good game, and it was a good game, and the same chorus of boos. One int. a bad one, granted, but that's one mistake in a good game. What about our woeful pass coverage? It seems like if they don't intercept, they don't do anything. Happily they are good at intercepting. And we were lucky that Kitna threw so many passes that were nowhere near his receivers. If there were an accurate passer back there, we'd have been in big trouble.

There is no doubt in my mind that Brad should be the starter. Bollinger is still an unknwn quantity and it wouldn't be good to find out that he is unsteady in a situation like this. TJ would really be a risk. And is he and the coaching staff say he isn't ready yet, that's good enough for me.

As his fellow players said, Brad's a pro, and you need a pro at this time of year. If he falters and Bollinger is healthy, that's definitely an option that should be considered. I don't think Brad has succumbed to the aging process yet, but that should become evident one way or the other in the upcoming game/s.

Del Rio Guest

"Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

No one ever said you shouldn't care what he does or who he is I said who gives a pooh if he doens't WOW YOU! No one does but you thats who.

The point Caine was trying to make is that he didnt impress or reasure anyone with his performance. No one expects him to throw bombs or make spectacular plays anymore, but he didnt have a solid, old-Brad like game. Maybe you should try to read entire posts instead of focusing on one word.
    Maybe you should do the same, my entire post was summarizing that one aspect of his, I did not comment on his entire post which I did read. If I wanted to I would have and had I, I would have included much more.

I don't need your advice especially when apparently you fail to follow it so keep it to yourself.

I did focus on one word. And my post purposely reflected that. Had I generalized his entire thread it would be an issue I did not. I simply stated who gives a shit if he wows you.

davike is offline Team Alumni

BJ wasn't flashy, but he played decently with only one mistake. but i think we will start relying more on our running game. so it doesn't matter as long as the QB can complete a few passes and hand the ball off well. BJ is still a decent QB. and if he makes just 2 mistakes, BC will probably pull him and let bollinger loose.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

"Del" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Storm" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Maybe you should do the same, my entire post was summarizing that one aspect of his, I did not comment on his entire post which I did read. If I wanted to I would have and had I, I would have included much more.

I don't need your advice especially when apparently you fail to follow it so keep it to yourself.

I did focus on one word. And my post purposely reflected that. Had I generalized his entire thread it would be an issue I did not. I simply stated who gives a pooh if he wows you.
    I hand out advices whenever I feel like. Whether you choose to follow them or not doesnt really concern me.

Picking out a single word and missing the point of the rest of the post is weak. People have the right to be impressed or not impressed by something, you butting in and telling us that no one cares is even weaker. If no one cares, that includes you, right? And if you dont care, why are you posting? Indeed, keep it to yourself.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast