Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Start Tarvaris? No, start THINKING.

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    So are you saying that nothing is BJ's fault?
    I agree that Tarvaris is probably not ready to start, but Brad still has to be held accountable for his own mistakes.
    If the rest of the team gets their act together and Brad doesn't do you think that then we should bench Brad?

The fact is that Brooks is not a starter quality QB, and Tarvaris is expected to be in the future.
    If, say by week 12, Brad is clearly holding us back, do you think we should bench him for Bollinger, try out TJ or keep in Brad?
    We have a standard to judge Bj on . . . look at last season!

What has changed from last season?

#1.
    OFFENSIVE LINE

#2.
    PLAYCALLING

#3.
    RUNNING BACK

I believe IF the O-Line would block somebody and give BJ time AND our playcalling would be alittle more creative AND our receivers would learn to hold on to the ball alittle more frequently . . . Our OFFENSIVE problems would fade away.

I'm not saying BJ isn't contributing to some of the issues, but he's probably trying to force some things and we all know that isn't a good thing.
    I also agree that it isn't all Brads fault, but there are people here that act as though he is clear of all blame.
    I'm just saying that if at some point, it becomes obvious that he is holding us back we shouldn't hesitate to bring in someone else.
    when the time comes that is it actually BJ holding our offense back, i will be the first to start a "bench johnson" thread, but johnson is not the type of QB that holds offenses back, so i doubt that day will never come

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

"Del" wrote:
    "SW" wrote:
    I respectfully disagree with the theory of staying with BJ. Tavaris Jackson may be a rookie and is green as hell, but he will also force defenses to spy him, which frees up space in the running game and the passing game.
    He can also throw an accurate long ball to williamson and bethel. TJ can also scramble occasionally for a 1st down instead of dumping it 3 yards on a 3rd and 6. We can run the ball and I don't think our o-line is any worse than most ( except maybe the Colts and Patriots ).

I am sick and tired of seeing us score 3 points in the last two games on offense! How can TJ be worse. If he has 3 turnovers a game, he still gives us more chance to win than BJ and his 3 turnovers.

And this kid is getting paid good money to be a quarterback! Why do we have to baby his fragile psyche? He is a football player and wants to play the game. What if he turned it around? Think how confident he would be then.
    All QB's are spy'd to an extent. I highly doubt your gonna see Mike Vick coverage on the greenhorn just because he can move a bit.

So , if he is healthy enough , why not put him in for a play or two just to shake up the defense? I don't think it could hurt.

SW FL Vike is offline Training Camp

"Del" wrote:
    "SW" wrote:
    I respectfully disagree with the theory of staying with BJ. Tavaris Jackson may be a rookie and is green as hell, but he will also force defenses to spy him, which frees up space in the running game and the passing game.
    He can also throw an accurate long ball to williamson and bethel. TJ can also scramble occasionally for a 1st down instead of dumping it 3 yards on a 3rd and 6. We can run the ball and I don't think our o-line is any worse than most ( except maybe the Colts and Patriots ).

I am sick and tired of seeing us score 3 points in the last two games on offense! How can TJ be worse. If he has 3 turnovers a game, he still gives us more chance to win than BJ and his 3 turnovers.

And this kid is getting paid good money to be a quarterback! Why do we have to baby his fragile psyche? He is a football player and wants to play the game. What if he turned it around? Think how confident he would be then.
    All QB's are spy'd to an extent. I highly doubt your gonna see Mike Vick coverage on the greenhorn just because he can move a bit.
    I may have been a bit dramatic Del Rio....But if they don't spy him, he will get some 1st downs buying time or running.

Maybe I'm just pissed I spent 249.99 on the NFL package to watch this crap of an offense!

Del Rio Guest

"SW" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "SW" wrote:

I may have been a bit dramatic Del Rio....But if they don't spy him, he will get some 1st downs buying time or running.

Maybe I'm just pissed I spent 249.99 on the NFL package to watch this crap of an offense!
    You may be right. It would be fun to try it out.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"davike" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    I agree that Tarvaris is probably not ready to start, but Brad still has to be held accountable for his own mistakes.
    If the rest of the team gets their act together and Brad doesn't do you think that then we should bench Brad?

The fact is that Brooks is not a starter quality QB, and Tarvaris is expected to be in the future.
    If, say by week 12, Brad is clearly holding us back, do you think we should bench him for Bollinger, try out TJ or keep in Brad?

#1.
    OFFENSIVE LINE

#2.
    PLAYCALLING

#3.
    RUNNING BACK

I believe IF the O-Line would block somebody and give BJ time AND our playcalling would be alittle more creative AND our receivers would learn to hold on to the ball alittle more frequently . . . Our OFFENSIVE problems would fade away.

I'm not saying BJ isn't contributing to some of the issues, but he's probably trying to force some things and we all know that isn't a good thing.
    I also agree that it isn't all Brads fault, but there are people here that act as though he is clear of all blame.
    I'm just saying that if at some point, it becomes obvious that he is holding us back we shouldn't hesitate to bring in someone else.
    when the time comes that is it actually BJ holding our offense back, i will be the first to start a "bench johnson" thread
    Alright, that's all I'm asking for.
    Again, I'm not sure if he is holding us back or not, but many people are quick to throw the blame elsewhere no matter what happens (there are also a lot that place it entirely on him), and I'm not a part of either group.
    I'm not attached to Brad either way, so if someone else can come in and do better, then by all means, let it happen.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

"x-ray" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "SW" wrote:

So , if he is healthy enough , why not put him in for a play or two just to shake up the defense? I don't think it could hurt.
    i think it is a rule that if you put in your third stringer you first and second can't come back into the game. and so if we were to put him in it would be for the game. and right now if we want to go for the playoffs then we can't really afford to do that. but hey if we were ahead by alot against an easy team then why not throw him in in like the fourth or something, probably couldn't do to much harm. SW FL Vike, gotta agree with del on that one, and no matter who is at QB i doubt whether childress is going to let them go long very much and BJ was throwing decent downfield passes, but his receivers were dropping them. if you want to see more downfield throws, our recievers are going to have to learn to catch them, BJs arm is really under rated, no he doesn't have the power of tavaris jackson, but he can get it down the field. i think that it would be nice if he could scramble a little bit more, but hey he can still bounce around decently. i can't wait to see how tavaris jackson does though.

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:

#1.
    OFFENSIVE LINE

#2.
    PLAYCALLING

#3.
    RUNNING BACK

when the time comes that is it actually BJ holding our offense back, i will be the first to start a "bench johnson" thread
    Alright, that's all I'm asking for.
    Again, I'm not sure if he is holding us back or not, but many people are quick to throw the blame elsewhere no matter what happens (there are also a lot that place it entirely on him), and I'm not a part of either group.
    I'm not attached to Brad either way, so if someone else can come in and do better, then by all means, let it happen.
    thats the way to think if you want to win football games but there is nobody available that would win more games for us then BJ right now

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"davike" wrote:
    "x-ray" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "SW" wrote:

but hey if we were ahead by alot against an easy team then why not throw him in in like the fourth or something, probably couldn't do to much harm.
    If we ever do get ahead of a team like that.
    I know that I wasn't alone in thinking that we might be able to do that against the niners.
    How naive we were.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Bdubya" wrote:
    ...I also agree that it isn't all Brads fault, but there are people here that act as though he is clear of all blame....
    Name one, there are plenty putting the majority of the blame on BJ and I have yet to see anyone say that BJ is clear of all blame.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "x-ray" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "SW" wrote:

but hey if we were ahead by alot against an easy team then why not throw him in in like the fourth or something, probably couldn't do to much harm.
    If we ever do get ahead of a team like that.
    I know that I wasn't alone in thinking that we might be able to do that against the niners.
    How naive we were.
    yeah :-\ life sucks. isn't it odd that we scored 31 points against a good defense and then we play a bad defense and we score 3 points? im confused

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast