Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Big C is offline Coordinator

Re: Start Tarvaris? No, start THINKING.

I agree that TJ is not the answer right now. However Bollinger might make a difference because he can move in the pocket a little more than BJ (at least I think he can!).

We need to demote Troy to #3 WR so that the number of droped catches falls. Travis and Bethel will do fine.

I agree with Childress' playcalling. Don't see what we can do about it this season though.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

So are you saying that nothing is BJ's fault?
    I agree that Tarvaris is probably not ready to start, but Brad still has to be held accountable for his own mistakes.
    If the rest of the team gets their act together and Brad doesn't do you think that then we should bench Brad?

The fact is that Brooks is not a starter quality QB, and Tarvaris is expected to be in the future.
    If, say by week 12, Brad is clearly holding us back, do you think we should bench him for Bollinger, try out TJ or keep in Brad?
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Fair assessment Caine and have to say your points are good ones, the one thing that amazes me is the O-Line. Given that Childress made a big point saying how the games starts with the OL & DL then how can he not have something to say about the way the OL has been playing.
    Hicks and Johnson are turning into the 2006 version of Todd Steussie in so much that they can be relied upon for at least one penalty each per game - thats without the blown assignments as well that they've had.
    Childress made a statement in TC but putting PWill on the PUP list in order to call him out regarding his weight coming into camp. Based on that it shouldn't be beyond him to be able to make a statement to the OL, QB and WR's regarding their performance.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

SW FL Vike is offline Training Camp

I respectfully disagree with the theory of staying with BJ. Tavaris Jackson may be a rookie and is green as hell, but he will also force defenses to spy him, which frees up space in the running game and the passing game.
    He can also throw an accurate long ball to williamson and bethel. TJ can also scramble occasionally for a 1st down instead of dumping it 3 yards on a 3rd and 6. We can run the ball and I don't think our o-line is any worse than most ( except maybe the Colts and Patriots ).

I am sick and tired of seeing us score 3 points in the last two games on offense! How can TJ be worse. If he has 3 turnovers a game, he still gives us more chance to win than BJ and his 3 turnovers.

And this kid is getting paid good money to be a quarterback! Why do we have to baby his fragile psyche? He is a football player and wants to play the game. What if he turned it around? Think how confident he would be then.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Bdubya" wrote:
    I agree that Tarvaris is probably not ready to start, but Brad still has to be held accountable for his own mistakes.
    If the rest of the team gets their act together and Brad doesn't do you think that then we should bench Brad?

The fact is that Brooks is not a starter quality QB, and Tarvaris is expected to be in the future.
    If, say by week 12, Brad is clearly holding us back, do you think we should bench him for Bollinger, try out TJ or keep in Brad?
    yeah BJ is somewhat to blame, he has made some mistakes. but he is not our major problem, peyton manning couldn't make this offense work. if peyton manning had a offensive line that couldn't protect him, had recievers that dropped easy passes and was plagued by penalties, their offense would be just as low as ours. its not our QB position that is causing our offensive slump.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Bdubya" wrote:

We have a standard to judge Bj on . . . look at last season!

What has changed from last season?

#1.
    OFFENSIVE LINE

#2.
    PLAYCALLING

#3.
    RUNNING BACK

I believe IF the O-Line would block somebody and give BJ time AND our playcalling would be alittle more creative AND our receivers would learn to hold on to the ball alittle more frequently . . . Our OFFENSIVE problems would fade away.

I'm not saying BJ isn't contributing to some of the issues, but he's probably trying to force some things and we all know that isn't a good thing.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Del Rio Guest

"SW" wrote:
    I respectfully disagree with the theory of staying with BJ. Tavaris Jackson may be a rookie and is green as hell, but he will also force defenses to spy him, which frees up space in the running game and the passing game.
    He can also throw an accurate long ball to williamson and bethel. TJ can also scramble occasionally for a 1st down instead of dumping it 3 yards on a 3rd and 6. We can run the ball and I don't think our o-line is any worse than most ( except maybe the Colts and Patriots ).

I am sick and tired of seeing us score 3 points in the last two games on offense! How can TJ be worse. If he has 3 turnovers a game, he still gives us more chance to win than BJ and his 3 turnovers.

And this kid is getting paid good money to be a quarterback! Why do we have to baby his fragile psyche? He is a football player and wants to play the game. What if he turned it around? Think how confident he would be then.
    All QB's are spy'd to an extent. I highly doubt your gonna see Mike Vick coverage on the greenhorn just because he can move a bit.

fishbelly is offline Waterboy

We have other areas that need to be strengthened before our team is a true contender for the championship.
    At this point I would like to see the Vikings use a little creativity to try and win some games.
    Just have some fun and try and come up with new ideas to throw at the opposition to take them out of their game plan.
    If Brad isn't getting it done I'm not opposed to throwing Travaris in the mix. He's gotta learn sometime and sometimes being thrown into the fire is the quickest way.
    Personally I'd stick with Brad for the rest of the season, let Travaris gain some experience on the sidelines for one season. Let's face it, even if we somehow made the playoffs this Vikes team ain't going far. Next year, he'd be my starter.

After seeing how we performed against the Pats I know we aren't ready for the playoffs. We just don't have all the pieces. And after the 49'ers, what a chill. But I've been a Vikes fan since Tarkington was QB, I can weather the losses. I'm patient.

I wonder what wide receivers will be available in the upcoming draft, or in next years free agency? Who would be a good choice for offensive coordinator?

On the upside, I think we have some very solid players on the team. We're just a few steps away from fielding a dangerous team. I'm still very satisfied with what I've seen the Vikes do on defense this year. They have loads of talent! I want to see some top of the line WR's in the mix and step up the O Line.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:

#1.
    OFFENSIVE LINE

#2.
    PLAYCALLING

#3.
    RUNNING BACK

I believe IF the O-Line would block somebody and give BJ time AND our playcalling would be alittle more creative AND our receivers would learn to hold on to the ball alittle more frequently . . . Our OFFENSIVE problems would fade away.

I'm not saying BJ isn't contributing to some of the issues, but he's probably trying to force some things and we all know that isn't a good thing.
    I also agree that it isn't all Brads fault, but there are people here that act as though he is clear of all blame.
    I'm just saying that if at some point, it becomes obvious that he is holding us back we shouldn't hesitate to bring in someone else.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Bdubya" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:

#1.
    OFFENSIVE LINE

#2.
    PLAYCALLING

#3.
    RUNNING BACK

I also agree that it isn't all Brads fault, but there are people here that act as though he is clear of all blame.
    I'm just saying that if at some point, it becomes obvious that he is holding us back we shouldn't hesitate to bring in someone else.
    Agreed.

But I think we'll see, if the Vikes can fix a few things, that BJ isn't the problem.
    I do however feel it would be great to see T-Jack play . . . when he's ready!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast