Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Start Mewelde Moore.

"MensaTice" wrote:
    We haven't seen enough to say right now but there should at least be a competition. I don't mind Bennett as much as some here but if Moore plays better in the preseason, he should start. Too bad Tice doesn't see it that way. He's sticking with Bennett no matter what and everyone should have a problem with this line of thinking.
    just like how everyone was doubting green for going with smith.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"magicci" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    We haven't seen enough to say right now but there should at least be a competition. I don't mind Bennett as much as some here but if Moore plays better in the preseason, he should start. Too bad Tice doesn't see it that way. He's sticking with Bennett no matter what and everyone should have a problem with this line of thinking.
    Except that Michael Bennett IS NOT ROBERT SMITH.

I am so tired of this argument. Robert Smith had EXCELLENT shiftiness, the best head fake the NFL has ever seen, quick feet and a good running style for finding the holes - lateral quickness, if you will.

Michael Bennett is a one dimensional player. He has STRAIGHT LINE SPEED. That is ALL he has. That's it. Ok hands, and STRAIGHT LINE speed.

You can't run in a straight line in the NFL, because there are 7-9 men in front of you - 1 to 2 of which are more than 300 lbs - and two coming off the edges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I have always really liked Bennett, but if Moore plays better than him in the preseason, than Moore should start. I think it's hard to make a fair judgement after the first preseason game though.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    Except that Michael Bennett IS NOT ROBERT SMITH.

I am so tired of this argument. Robert Smith had EXCELLENT shiftiness, the best head fake the NFL has ever seen, quick feet and a good running style for finding the holes - lateral quickness, if you will.

Michael Bennett is a one dimensional player. He has STRAIGHT LINE SPEED. That is ALL he has. That's it. Ok hands, and STRAIGHT LINE speed.

You can't run in a straight line in the NFL, because there are 7-9 men in front of you - 1 to 2 of which are more than 300 lbs - and two coming off the edges.
    Good analysis 8404.

Justin311 is offline Rookie

The o-line had Daunte scrambling and still needs more time to get in rhythm and open up holes for any of the RBs. The jets have a much better defense than the chiefs which is why i think another week of practice and the other RBs pushing for that starting job, this weeks' performace will be a much better litmus test than last week.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I was wondering how long it would take 8404 to make this thread because I knew it was coming. Yes, Moore had a good game but it is only pre-season football. Also, Fason impressed me as much as Moore.

Btw, I don't Fason to be known as Mini-Moe. IMHO, Fason will end up doing more for the running game than Big Moe.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

As mentioned in my thread. Bennett was used as an experiment by Tice to see how the running game would work when the Chiefs stacked the D-Line. It didn't work well but the O-Line isn't even sure who's starting yet. Marcus is pushing for Goldberg's spot and Withrow (Birk's backup) played "horrible" in the words of Tice.

Since I didn't see the game, I'm assuming that Moore and Fason's stats were coming against the second and third string defensive starters. Is that true? If so, then the comparisons really aren't very valid. Beyond which, it's always harder to run at the beginning of the game than it is as the game progresses (fatigue and whatnot). I'm not saying that Bennett should be guaranteed the starting job but I do think it's a little early to be deciding.

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i agree that moore should be the starter, however tice said that he was hurt too long after he hurt his foot, tice says he needs to toughen up. if moore does this he will be the starter. bennett did nothing while he was in there, but i'd play bennett against the packers cause he kills them. i just hope if bennett has a good year he don't demand tons of money cause he don't deserve it yet. i wouldn't be suprised if he gets traded if the other backs have a great preseason cause we don't need him but we won't get much for him either.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

brandsp is offline Rookie

No one has mentioned the REAL reason Moore isn't the starting. Picking up the blitz. It was never more obvious than the Philly playoff game last year. Remember this is DANTE's team, and if Moore's blocking for the franchise doesn't improve, he won't play much cuz he'll get Dante whacked.

Moore is a better runner than Bennett, but I'll sacrifice that to keep Dante from taking some big shots.

With that said, Moore did a better job in the KC game, when he picked up D. Johnson on the blitz. If he missed, Brad Johnson would be in the hospital right now.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast