Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 127
  1. #101
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Start Mewelde Moore.

    Does Tice still maintain that there isn't a competition at RB? Bennett is still the starter hands down?

  2. #102
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Start Mewelde Moore.

    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Vikes2611" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Vikes2611" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyMoss8404
    He actually didn't attack your opinion, but I'm about to.

    My "hard on" for Mewelde Moore - note, the constant phrasing of things using base sexual language is a marker for a weak argument - has to do with the fact that the man has produced in actual NFL games, against NFL competition, while running behind a decimated line.

    Ciatrick Fason played in college behind an excellent O line primarily against teams with suspect linebacking cores that allowed him to make cutback runs at will. He's big, and he's powerful, but he hasn't proven it yet, MeMo has.
    So, you've studied up on the do's and don'ts of arguements? I wish I was as smart as you think you are pal. Everytime you're contested you come back with some kind of comment like that. Kind of like when you once talked about you going to some college, like we care. Decimated line? Our line was still good last year even with some injuries. Excellent O line and primarily against teams with suspect linebacking cores? How much research have you done on this kids college career. Something tells me you're making those statements up and if your right its by coincidence. I'll admit I haven't looked into the talent of his O line or the opposing linebackers but one this is for sure, I'm not going to BS about it like you did.
    Or I know that the SEC is known for great defensive lineman, and having watched games, I note that the linebackers are usually not the best of athletes - and having watched 3 of Fason's games last year (granted, 3 is not all), most of the great runs I saw were on sweeps, using his speed to the edge (which we saw vs. the KC scrubs,) because the linebackers couldn't move quick enough to seal the outside or shoot the gap.

    Does it bother you that you get destroyed every time you attempt to make a point?
    Destroyed? It appears to me and certainly to others that most of your attempted points thus far in this thread have been completely ficitional. I'm getting a nice laugh out of this so I might keep going, I don't know though. Don't even attempt to tell me my points are getting destroyed because I've already been complimented by people saying that I've made some great points up to this point in the thread. It's truly amusing to read some of the stuff you say though. It's merely opinion and yet you spin it off to be fact. At this point, a debate over whether Moore or Fason will be better for this team in the future is almost impossible and a waste of my time because frankly, I feel that I get dumber arguing my views with you.
    How cute.

    As much as I admire my influence in your life, I must say that I am not the source of your waning validity :-p.

    Also, 'certainly to others' is what we call a 'cry for help.'
    Actually, Today I did comment to 2611 that I thought he brought up some good points in this thread.

    I backup 2611 on this discussion. Memo is a great young RB don't get me wrong, but I think C4 has what it takes to be a powerhouse back and the future starter on this team. Memo might come out and prove 2611 and I wrong, but I think that with Memo being smaller and not picking up blitzes as well, plus a few other issues, C4 is what this team needs more (maybe not this year but in a year or two I predict big things for him) He has such beautiful cutbacks, and vision. They were both 4th rounders (Will we see any RB's drafted higher? Probably not for awhile) Memo and C4 both have a shot at it, certainly if Bennett goes down or underachives, but I'm giving the edge to Fason (for future back at least) keep at it guy's, it gives us something to read at night :lol:

    All in all, I hope Bennett ends this argument by having a career season. :grin:
    Right, see, the issue here is that both of you are saying 'I think,' 'I predict,' and 'maybe,' and 'in a year or two.'

    The cold hard facts are Mewelde Moore produced 6.3 yards per touch for us last year, had the most prolific three game stretch in our history last year, produced the longest gain of the night last Friday and produced behind a shoddy line that would have driven Bennett to alcoholism.

    The summary is that Mewelde Moore is the back of right now who has proven it against NFL competition.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

  3. #103
    MensaTice's Avatar
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,799

    Re: Start Mewelde Moore.

    Start MOE! :wink:

    [color=red]

  4. #104
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Start Mewelde Moore.

    Proving something to Randy8404 while difficult, is not the same as proving it to the coaching staff.

    Time will tell. I guarantee Tice isn't on here reading this thinking Holy shit!!! I got it!!! I know what I will do!!! I'm gonna start Mewelde Moore Because he did really good three games last year, and did ok in a preseason game.

    Look there is no point in arguing about it. If anybody cares about the Vikings WINNING GAMES, then who does it should not matter. If someone doesn't get the job done we go to the next guy. Everyone likes certain players but what it all boils down to is who is going to win us games. As much as we all like to think we know, we don't know enough to make that decision.

  5. #105
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Start Mewelde Moore.

    "MensaTice" wrote:
    Start MOE! :wink:
    Yes! That's what I'm sayin! Just throw the ball until we get inside the 5 and let Moe take over baby! :lol:

  6. #106
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: Start Mewelde Moore.

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Vikes2611" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes2611
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyMoss8404
    He actually didn't attack your opinion, but I'm about to.

    My "hard on" for Mewelde Moore - note, the constant phrasing of things using base sexual language is a marker for a weak argument - has to do with the fact that the man has produced in actual NFL games, against NFL competition, while running behind a decimated line.

    Ciatrick Fason played in college behind an excellent O line primarily against teams with suspect linebacking cores that allowed him to make cutback runs at will. He's big, and he's powerful, but he hasn't proven it yet, MeMo has.
    So, you've studied up on the do's and don'ts of arguements? I wish I was as smart as you think you are pal. Everytime you're contested you come back with some kind of comment like that. Kind of like when you once talked about you going to some college, like we care. Decimated line? Our line was still good last year even with some injuries. Excellent O line and primarily against teams with suspect linebacking cores? How much research have you done on this kids college career. Something tells me you're making those statements up and if your right its by coincidence. I'll admit I haven't looked into the talent of his O line or the opposing linebackers but one this is for sure, I'm not going to BS about it like you did.
    Or I know that the SEC is known for great defensive lineman, and having watched games, I note that the linebackers are usually not the best of athletes - and having watched 3 of Fason's games last year (granted, 3 is not all), most of the great runs I saw were on sweeps, using his speed to the edge (which we saw vs. the KC scrubs,) because the linebackers couldn't move quick enough to seal the outside or shoot the gap.

    Does it bother you that you get destroyed every time you attempt to make a point?
    Destroyed? It appears to me and certainly to others that most of your attempted points thus far in this thread have been completely ficitional. I'm getting a nice laugh out of this so I might keep going, I don't know though. Don't even attempt to tell me my points are getting destroyed because I've already been complimented by people saying that I've made some great points up to this point in the thread. It's truly amusing to read some of the stuff you say though. It's merely opinion and yet you spin it off to be fact. At this point, a debate over whether Moore or Fason will be better for this team in the future is almost impossible and a waste of my time because frankly, I feel that I get dumber arguing my views with you.
    How cute.

    As much as I admire my influence in your life, I must say that I am not the source of your waning validity :-p.

    Also, 'certainly to others' is what we call a 'cry for help.'
    Actually, Today I did comment to 2611 that I thought he brought up some good points in this thread.

    I backup 2611 on this discussion. Memo is a great young RB don't get me wrong, but I think C4 has what it takes to be a powerhouse back and the future starter on this team. Memo might come out and prove 2611 and I wrong, but I think that with Memo being smaller and not picking up blitzes as well, plus a few other issues, C4 is what this team needs more (maybe not this year but in a year or two I predict big things for him) He has such beautiful cutbacks, and vision. They were both 4th rounders (Will we see any RB's drafted higher? Probably not for awhile) Memo and C4 both have a shot at it, certainly if Bennett goes down or underachives, but I'm giving the edge to Fason (for future back at least) keep at it guy's, it gives us something to read at night :lol:

    All in all, I hope Bennett ends this argument by having a career season. :grin:
    Right, see, the issue here is that both of you are saying 'I think,' 'I predict,' and 'maybe,' and 'in a year or two.'

    The cold hard facts are Mewelde Moore produced 6.3 yards per touch for us last year, had the most prolific three game stretch in our history last year, produced the longest gain of the night last Friday and produced behind a shoddy line that would have driven Bennett to alcoholism.

    The summary is that Mewelde Moore is the back of right now who has proven it against NFL competition.
    Agreed. If Bennett drops the ball (no pun) Melwede should start for the rest of the year. But next year, look out for C4.

  7. #107
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Start Mewelde Moore.

    See, this whole situation sucks. I can't decide who to start in Madden! Argh!

  8. #108
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Start Mewelde Moore.

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Vikes2611" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes2611
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyMoss8404
    He actually didn't attack your opinion, but I'm about to.

    My "hard on" for Mewelde Moore - note, the constant phrasing of things using base sexual language is a marker for a weak argument - has to do with the fact that the man has produced in actual NFL games, against NFL competition, while running behind a decimated line.

    Ciatrick Fason played in college behind an excellent O line primarily against teams with suspect linebacking cores that allowed him to make cutback runs at will. He's big, and he's powerful, but he hasn't proven it yet, MeMo has.
    So, you've studied up on the do's and don'ts of arguements? I wish I was as smart as you think you are pal. Everytime you're contested you come back with some kind of comment like that. Kind of like when you once talked about you going to some college, like we care. Decimated line? Our line was still good last year even with some injuries. Excellent O line and primarily against teams with suspect linebacking cores? How much research have you done on this kids college career. Something tells me you're making those statements up and if your right its by coincidence. I'll admit I haven't looked into the talent of his O line or the opposing linebackers but one this is for sure, I'm not going to BS about it like you did.
    Or I know that the SEC is known for great defensive lineman, and having watched games, I note that the linebackers are usually not the best of athletes - and having watched 3 of Fason's games last year (granted, 3 is not all), most of the great runs I saw were on sweeps, using his speed to the edge (which we saw vs. the KC scrubs,) because the linebackers couldn't move quick enough to seal the outside or shoot the gap.

    Does it bother you that you get destroyed every time you attempt to make a point?
    Destroyed? It appears to me and certainly to others that most of your attempted points thus far in this thread have been completely ficitional. I'm getting a nice laugh out of this so I might keep going, I don't know though. Don't even attempt to tell me my points are getting destroyed because I've already been complimented by people saying that I've made some great points up to this point in the thread. It's truly amusing to read some of the stuff you say though. It's merely opinion and yet you spin it off to be fact. At this point, a debate over whether Moore or Fason will be better for this team in the future is almost impossible and a waste of my time because frankly, I feel that I get dumber arguing my views with you.
    How cute.

    As much as I admire my influence in your life, I must say that I am not the source of your waning validity :-p.

    Also, 'certainly to others' is what we call a 'cry for help.'
    Actually, Today I did comment to 2611 that I thought he brought up some good points in this thread.

    I backup 2611 on this discussion. Memo is a great young RB don't get me wrong, but I think C4 has what it takes to be a powerhouse back and the future starter on this team. Memo might come out and prove 2611 and I wrong, but I think that with Memo being smaller and not picking up blitzes as well, plus a few other issues, C4 is what this team needs more (maybe not this year but in a year or two I predict big things for him) He has such beautiful cutbacks, and vision. They were both 4th rounders (Will we see any RB's drafted higher? Probably not for awhile) Memo and C4 both have a shot at it, certainly if Bennett goes down or underachives, but I'm giving the edge to Fason (for future back at least) keep at it guy's, it gives us something to read at night :lol:

    All in all, I hope Bennett ends this argument by having a career season. :grin:
    Right, see, the issue here is that both of you are saying 'I think,' 'I predict,' and 'maybe,' and 'in a year or two.'

    The cold hard facts are Mewelde Moore produced 6.3 yards per touch for us last year, had the most prolific three game stretch in our history last year, produced the longest gain of the night last Friday and produced behind a shoddy line that would have driven Bennett to alcoholism.

    The summary is that Mewelde Moore is the back of right now who has proven it against NFL competition.
    Wow, were you dropped on your head as a kid? There's something missing from your brain that left a long time ago... maybe acceptance... the acceptance that you're an a55. :???: I'm sure you'll say that me using that word made my arguement weak but honestly, at this point I don't care at all what you say.

    Almost everything you've typed in this thread has been your OPINION as has what most of what I've said has been. Yet, you feel that you're stating facts... what's wrong with you, is your skull really that thick? Can any human really believe that they're right when saying the poo that comes out of the whole in your face? As you can see where I last quoted you I bolded some opinions you made in an attempt to make them clearer to you so you understand they're are not actually COLD HARD FACTS.

    As Ak and I stated, we PREDICT Fason will be the starter in a couple years... possibly less. If you don't like it and you want to set and cry about me stating my OPINION to counter your OPINIONS you can get over because all most of this site is is opinions. You don't know everything, nor do I and I'll be the first to admit it. But I guess you can't because as I said poor lil' you was dropped on your head or something and can't accept anything you don't want to hear.

    I understand you could be right about Moore but because our opinions differ, I'm not going to agree with you... I'll disagree. You catching on at this point?

    In a thread a while back we had this discussion and I showed you that Moore played against some of the worst run defenses in the league(can't remember the ranks right now). Now if you want to continue your rediculous ranting about how you're right, go ahead. I'm through with this thread and I'm not posting in it again. I'm sure for this reason you're going to make a post in which you say something about how I'm so wrong but honestly I don't care. You're beginning to bore me with your constant posting about how you know all the cold hard facts. Good day.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  9. #109
    MensaTice's Avatar
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,799

    Re: Start Mewelde Moore.

    My opinions are facts and that's why I don't read counter opinions. :wink:

    [color=red]

  10. #110
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Start Mewelde Moore.

    Mewelde having the best three game stretch in Vikings history is opinion, huh?

    You need to watch TV. Please, type me another essay while you research that I'm right...again

    "Moore burst onto the scene in the fourth game of his rookie season, starting Oct. 10 against Houston after Bennett and Williams were injured and Onterrio Smith suspended. In the Vikings' next three games, Moore rushed for 339 yards and amassed another 198 yards in receiving. Slower than Bennett, Moore nevertheless displayed extraordinary vision and an instinctive style that almost never allowed defenders to get a clear shot at tackling him.

    In fact, Moore wound up leading the NFL in percentage of rushing yards after first contact. According to a private set of statistics the Vikings requested from an independent service, 27 percent of Moore's season yardage total came after a defender already had touched him. Running backs coach Dean Dalton said the league average is around 8 percent and that no 1,000-yard rusher last season managed more than 9 percent." --startribune.com

    "Moore shines in Vikings’ lead rushing role

    Listed No. 4 on the RB depth chart when the season began, Vikings rookie Mewelde Moore has taken advantage of Onterrio Smith’s suspension and Michael Bennett’s injury troubles to take the team’s starting role and run with it. In the past three games, he has totaled 610 yards from scrimmage, which broke a 28-year-old team record held by Chuck Foreman." --profootball weekly.com ( http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Fantasy+Football/Fantasy+Spins/2004/spin102704.htm )


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mewelde Moore sig
    By VikesFan787 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 09:14 AM
  2. mewelde moore
    By magicci in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 12:00 AM
  3. Mewelde Moore!
    By TheFloridianVikingFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 12:44 PM
  4. Mewelde Moore?
    By dunedindawg in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 04:21 PM
  5. mewelde moore
    By danny2316 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 11:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •