Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Start Jason Carter at Lambeau, Childress!

    Well we haven't seen Jason Carter play so preseason, so it's hard to tell if he looks good in practice, or deserves a shot at some playing time. I don't see what would be wrong with giving him a look in some real games so the coaches can evaluate his performance now that we have nothing to play for.

    I don't see it happening. Childress is happy with the receivers we have right now. He has been slow to make changes all season long. I like that. It means he is patient with his players and gives them a shot to succeed. People were calling for Williamson, Brad Johnson, Marcus Johnson, and Smoot to be benched long before they actually were.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Start Jason Carter at Lambeau, Childress!

    But they were benched. Maybe they should put him in the slot or 4th reciever spot. Just because he runs with the practice squad doesn't mean he completly knows the playbook. If they put him in he should be there to just let TJ know he's there, not to be his go to guy in the game.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

  3. #23
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: Start Jason Carter at Lambeau, Childress!


    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "spikecyrus" wrote:
    T.jack has stated hes most comfortable with J.C. he sure put on a show in preseason. this year alot of rookies have shown alot of play making ability


    Against 3rd string CB's and guys that are now playing in the arena league or not playing football anymore, there is a huge difference between preseason and the last 2 games of the regular season.
    didn't you sat that about T-Jack too? And before you start saying "it was ONE quarter.
    You don't know what he'll be like for a whole game."
    TJ proved he had the capabilities to show great poise and make big plays, whereas BJ has not. Just b/c BJ has more experienece does NOT guarantee he's a better player and the same goes for JCar. He may not have the experience, but that doesn't automatically mean he can't make plays. Has he proved he can in the league, not yet, but we should give him a shot. I'm tired of all these ppl saying "they don't have any experience" or the 2nd/3rd stringers thing. They have to play in the big league some time and why not now? and just b/c they haven't yet doesn't mean they can't be good. so get off the negativity train, and support our rooks gettin experience
    [/quote]

    TJ hasn't shown pooh
    . He's done great and made mistakes as well. He needs to play a few WHOLE games before you try and pin that on someone.

    Otherwise all you're saying is HEY WASN"T IT YOU THAT SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT TJ!!!?? And look he has come in and played a few minutes, managed 2 turnovers, some great plays, some 3rd and outs, some incompletions............

    I mean do you really have enough to pull the hey wasn't it you who said he was no good, we haven't even seen him play a game yet?
    *sarcasm on*you're absolutely right. 175 yards 1 td and 1 int in a single quarter against a team who held our magnificent veteran leader to under 100 yds for 3 quarters is pooh. you are right.*sarcasm off*

    I'm tired of a lot of ppl sounding condescending to those of us who want the young guys to play. You talk like you are the most pretentious beeyatch in the world. and not just you del rio, b/c i like you, but a lot of other people try to talk down to a lot of others and it's not just proving a point, but trying to make themselves appear above everyone else. most of your (a general your, not you specifically Del) theories are as unfounded as other people's, thus why Del, i wouldn't say TJ has shown us pooh, b/c that is incorrect. He showed us he motivates this team, he can have great poise as a rook, and he can play under lots of pressure. that's not pooh, that's a hell of a lot in my book. So when we talk about JCar, let us have our moment in the sun b/c we were right about TJ whether you want to admit it or not. Is TJ a HOFer? no, don't try to read that into what i'm saying. I'm saying he makes this team better than it is, that's why i want to see him play more and why I want to see JCar more, b/c JC makes TJ better (at least more comfortable)
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  4. #24
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Start Jason Carter at Lambeau, Childress!

    "Braddock" wrote:

    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "spikecyrus" wrote:
    T.jack has stated hes most comfortable with J.C. he sure put on a show in preseason. this year alot of rookies have shown alot of play making ability


    Against 3rd string CB's and guys that are now playing in the arena league or not playing football anymore, there is a huge difference between preseason and the last 2 games of the regular season.
    didn't you sat that about T-Jack too? And before you start saying "it was ONE quarter.
    You don't know what he'll be like for a whole game."
    TJ proved he had the capabilities to show great poise and make big plays, whereas BJ has not. Just b/c BJ has more experienece does NOT guarantee he's a better player and the same goes for JCar. He may not have the experience, but that doesn't automatically mean he can't make plays. Has he proved he can in the league, not yet, but we should give him a shot. I'm tired of all these ppl saying "they don't have any experience" or the 2nd/3rd stringers thing. They have to play in the big league some time and why not now? and just b/c they haven't yet doesn't mean they can't be good. so get off the negativity train, and support our rooks gettin experience
    [/quote]

    TJ hasn't shown pooh
    . He's done great and made mistakes as well. He needs to play a few WHOLE games before you try and pin that on someone.

    Otherwise all you're saying is HEY WASN"T IT YOU THAT SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT TJ!!!?? And look he has come in and played a few minutes, managed 2 turnovers, some great plays, some 3rd and outs, some incompletions............

    I mean do you really have enough to pull the hey wasn't it you who said he was no good, we haven't even seen him play a game yet?
    *sarcasm on*you're absolutely right. 175 yards 1 td and 1 int in a single quarter against a team who held our magnificent veteran leader to under 100 yds for 3 quarters is pooh. you are right.*sarcasm off*

    I'm tired of a lot of ppl sounding condescending to those of us who want the young guys to play. You talk like you are the most pretentious beeyatch in the world. and not just you del rio, b/c i like you, but a lot of other people try to talk down to a lot of others and it's not just proving a point, but trying to make themselves appear above everyone else. most of your (a general your, not you specifically Del) theories are as unfounded as other people's, thus why Del, i wouldn't say TJ has shown us pooh, b/c that is incorrect. He showed us he motivates this team, he can have great poise as a rook, and he can play under lots of pressure. that's not pooh, that's a hell of a lot in my book. So when we talk about JCar, let us have our moment in the sun b/c we were right about TJ whether you want to admit it or not. Is TJ a HOFer? no, don't try to read that into what i'm saying. I'm saying he makes this team better than it is, that's why i want to see him play more and why I want to see JCar more, b/c JC makes TJ better (at least more comfortable)
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I would suggest if you feel someone is being a pretencious beeyatch and talking down to you you e-mail webby and not post it in the forums because it could be taken as an attack.

    A few things.

    I rarely read the names of the people I respond to because a lot of times I am responding to the post not the person. I can't be worried if some guy is going to get butt hurt over something I say about his POST. I'm not going to keep a list of names of people who can't handle critisizm. If they can't too bad so sad.

    I get my jiggly butt handed to me all the time on here, I don't cry about it. That very second you hit the post button you are throwing your opinion to the world and the world will do with it what ever the floop they feel like it. It is the same for everyone.

    If I come off as condecending that's really your problem and not mine. That's honestly the way I feel. I will always post my opinion. Especially when I see people like you making generalized comments like "Didn't you say that about T-Jack too?" THE GUY HAS PLAYED LIKE 10 MINUTES LMAO!!!!! Jesus. He had two turnovers, he had the same struggles as Brad.

    And no my comments are not all unfounded like you and your crews. I try to back it up with stats with actual game information. With some sort of something that is relevant.

    You saying pooh like "So when we talk about JCar, let us have our moment in the sun b/c we were right about TJ whether you want to admit it or not"

    You aren't right LMAO, you bring it on yourself. Don't say pooh like that and expect no one to respond. Right about what? RIght about him coming in the game at the end and turning the ball over twice? About him throwing incomplete deep? Right about what? What is this secret contest your running here?

    The biggest difference is I'm not telling you I am right. I am looking at the situation and discussing it. Everyone is so fucking worried about being right about a question NO ONE has the answer too. So when I am throwing ideas around and giving my take I am looking for feedback and to me saying shit like well I feel it so it must be right just doesn't do it for me.

    A lot of TJACK fans on here want to be right soooooooooo bad lol. Hell you even said you were right in this post and I don't even fucking know what you think you're right about. There is no right and wrong, you wont have an answer possibly EVER.

  5. #25
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Start Jason Carter at Lambeau, Childress!

    What's with the Carter man love?

    You know, he is in no relation to Cris Carter.

    (I heard that from the ball boy)

  6. #26
    litlharsh's Avatar
    litlharsh is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    738

    Re: Start Jason Carter at Lambeau, Childress!

    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=29982.msg511513#msg511513
    I don't want to see Carter on the field and I don't care how long he has been on the team, and it is because he isn't that fast and he isn't that tall and I don't think he is ever going to be an NFL starting WR that is why I don't want him on the field!
    [/quote]
    Hey, Troy Williamson is really fast, let's draft him, OH WHOOPS! Mike Williams is really tall, let's draft him, OH WHOOPS!

  7. #27
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Start Jason Carter at Lambeau, Childress!

    "Del" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:

    "Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "spikecyrus" wrote:
    T.jack has stated hes most comfortable with J.C. he sure put on a show in preseason. this year alot of rookies have shown alot of play making ability


    Against 3rd string CB's and guys that are now playing in the arena league or not playing football anymore, there is a huge difference between preseason and the last 2 games of the regular season.
    didn't you sat that about T-Jack too? And before you start saying "it was ONE quarter.
    You don't know what he'll be like for a whole game."
    TJ proved he had the capabilities to show great poise and make big plays, whereas BJ has not. Just b/c BJ has more experienece does NOT guarantee he's a better player and the same goes for JCar. He may not have the experience, but that doesn't automatically mean he can't make plays. Has he proved he can in the league, not yet, but we should give him a shot. I'm tired of all these ppl saying "they don't have any experience" or the 2nd/3rd stringers thing. They have to play in the big league some time and why not now? and just b/c they haven't yet doesn't mean they can't be good. so get off the negativity train, and support our rooks gettin experience
    [/quote]

    TJ hasn't shown pooh
    . He's done great and made mistakes as well. He needs to play a few WHOLE games before you try and pin that on someone.

    Otherwise all you're saying is HEY WASN"T IT YOU THAT SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT TJ!!!?? And look he has come in and played a few minutes, managed 2 turnovers, some great plays, some 3rd and outs, some incompletions............

    I mean do you really have enough to pull the hey wasn't it you who said he was no good, we haven't even seen him play a game yet?
    *sarcasm on*you're absolutely right. 175 yards 1 td and 1 int in a single quarter against a team who held our magnificent veteran leader to under 100 yds for 3 quarters is pooh. you are right.*sarcasm off*

    I'm tired of a lot of ppl sounding condescending to those of us who want the young guys to play. You talk like you are the most pretentious beeyatch in the world. and not just you del rio, b/c i like you, but a lot of other people try to talk down to a lot of others and it's not just proving a point, but trying to make themselves appear above everyone else. most of your (a general your, not you specifically Del) theories are as unfounded as other people's, thus why Del, i wouldn't say TJ has shown us pooh, b/c that is incorrect. He showed us he motivates this team, he can have great poise as a rook, and he can play under lots of pressure. that's not pooh, that's a hell of a lot in my book. So when we talk about JCar, let us have our moment in the sun b/c we were right about TJ whether you want to admit it or not. Is TJ a HOFer? no, don't try to read that into what i'm saying. I'm saying he makes this team better than it is, that's why i want to see him play more and why I want to see JCar more, b/c JC makes TJ better (at least more comfortable)
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I would suggest if you feel someone is being a pretencious beeyatch and talking down to you you e-mail webby and not post it in the forums because it could be taken as an attack.

    A few things.

    I rarely read the names of the people I respond to because a lot of times I am responding to the post not the person. I can't be worried if some guy is going to get butt hurt over something I say about his POST. I'm not going to keep a list of names of people who can't handle critisizm. If they can't too bad so sad.

    I get my jiggly butt handed to me all the time on here, I don't cry about it. That very second you hit the post button you are throwing your opinion to the world and the world will do with it what ever the floop they feel like it. It is the same for everyone.

    If I come off as condecending that's really your problem and not mine. That's honestly the way I feel. I will always post my opinion. Especially when I see people like you making generalized comments like "Didn't you say that about T-Jack too?" THE GUY HAS PLAYED LIKE 10 MINUTES LMAO!!!!! Jesus. He had two turnovers, he had the same struggles as Brad.
    And no my comments are not all unfounded like you and your crews. I try to back it up with stats with actual game information. With some sort of something that is relevant.

    You saying pooh like "So when we talk about JCar, let us have our moment in the sun b/c we were right about TJ whether you want to admit it or not"

    You aren't right LMAO, you bring it on yourself. Don't say pooh like that and expect no one to respond. Right about what? RIght about him coming in the game at the end and turning the ball over twice? About him throwing incomplete deep? Right about what? What is this secret contest your running here?

    The biggest difference is I'm not telling you I am right. I am looking at the situation and discussing it. Everyone is so fricken worried about being right about a question NO ONE has the answer too. So when I am throwing ideas around and giving my take I am looking for feedback and to me saying pooh like well I feel it so it must be right just doesn't do it for me.

    A lot of TJACK fans on here want to be right soooooooooo bad lol. Hell you even said you were right in this post and I don't even fricken know what you think you're right about. There is no right and wrong, you wont have an answer possibly EVER.
    Not really, he has a strong arm, he's moble, he doesn't hold on to the ball, the offensive line was blocking good for him. If you ask me he didn't have any problems at all, where you come up with that i don't know. Cause he forced a pass with a minute 45 and it was picked off he had the same problems as brad? : We where down 14 points.

    And I'll tell you what he thought he was right about. US Tavaris Jackson fans felt we had a better chance to win ball games with him at helm. Yourself and some others thought otherwise, you expected the same results as if Brad was playing. US TJ fans are right. We have a better chance to win games with Tavaris Jackson at QB period. You will see first hand Thursday.

    Tavaris Jackson Owns.

  8. #28
    GreenBaySlackers's Avatar
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: Start Jason Carter at Lambeau, Childress!

    "VikingsTw" wrote:


    Not really, he has a strong arm, he's moble, he doesn't hold on to the ball, the offensive line was blocking good for him. If you ask me he didn't have any problems at all, where you come up with that i don't know. Cause he forced a pass with a minute 45 and it was picked off he had the same problems as brad? : We where down 14 points.

    And I'll tell you what he thought he was right about. US Tavaris Jackson fans felt we had a better chance to win ball games with him at helm. Yourself and some others thought otherwise, you expected the same results as if Brad was playing. US TJ fans are right. We have a better chance to win games with Tavaris Jackson at QB period. You will see first hand Thursday.

    Tavaris Jackson Owns.
    Jackson was more efficient, but I'll be interested to see how he fare's againsta team who gameplans for him.
    he still turns the ball over, he still throws incompletions, he still pees standing up.
    he isn't the second coming of jesus christ he's just a football player.
    All WE vikings fans can do is root for him and hope he does well.
    I'm not ready to bet the farm on him just yet.

  9. #29
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Start Jason Carter at Lambeau, Childress!

    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:


    Not really, he has a strong arm, he's moble, he doesn't hold on to the ball, the offensive line was blocking good for him. If you ask me he didn't have any problems at all, where you come up with that i don't know. Cause he forced a pass with a minute 45 and it was picked off he had the same problems as brad? : We where down 14 points.

    And I'll tell you what he thought he was right about. US Tavaris Jackson fans felt we had a better chance to win ball games with him at helm. Yourself and some others thought otherwise, you expected the same results as if Brad was playing. US TJ fans are right. We have a better chance to win games with Tavaris Jackson at QB period. You will see first hand Thursday.

    Tavaris Jackson Owns.
    Jackson was more efficient, but I'll be interested to see how he fare's againsta team who gameplans for him.
    he still turns the ball over, he still throws incompletions, he still pees standing up.
    he isn't the second coming of Holy Bones! he's just a football player.
    All WE vikings fans can do is root for him and hope he does well.
    I'm not ready to bet the farm on him just yet.
    Dude are you serious, thats weak. I stated nothing but facts. I'm not claiming he's gonna be Holy bones or whatever. I'm claiming he gives us a far better chance than Brad Johnson. And i hope he pees standing up.

    I'm not betting the farm either, but i'll bet you everything i got he gives us a better chance to win. I said nothing about him being a future Hall of Fame Quarterback, only a fool would come up with such astronomocal theories. But i will stand by the my theory that he should have started against the 49ers in order for us to make it to the playoffs. He didn't start and our playoff hopes are pretty much all but gone.

    Let me fix this. Tavaris Jackson Owns COMPARED to Brad Johnson.

    Edit: By the way, lets say your Nick Barnett. Do you want to prepare to play Brad Johnson or Tavaris Jackson? Honestly think about it for awhile. If i was Nick Barnett i want the guy who holds on the ball, throws costly INT's and really has no arm whatsoever, thats who i want to play against.

    Defenses prepare weak in and weak out for QB's but can they stop him. Just because there going to game plan for Tavaris doesn't scare me a bit. If they want to stop him they will need to contain him in the pocket while keeping the safties deep for once. Maybe we won't see 9 guys in the box every play, i'm sick of that shit and we still have a good rushing game.

  10. #30
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Start Jason Carter at Lambeau, Childress!

    I thought the was a thread about Jason Carter; not TJ.

    Way to derail the thread.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Former Vike Jason Carter to miss season after tearing ACL
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 08:15 AM
  2. Jason carter added to active roster!
    By thevikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 11:22 AM
  3. Jason Carter impressive
    By forgottenbethel in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 11:08 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 11:08 AM
  5. Vikings receiver Jason Carter impresses
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 05:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •