Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Start Jason Carter at Lambeau, Childress!

I say start whoever will help us win, I am sick of losing already..

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    I just don't understand all of the man love for Jason Carter.

I mean, sure he had a nice preseason, but he hasn't shown anything that makes him worthy of starting on Sunday.
    I outlined above the reason.
    He is the receiver with which Jackson will be most familiar.
    For Jackson to succeed on Thursday, he should have that target available.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

T.jack has stated hes most comfortable with J.C. he sure put on a show in preseason. this year alot of rookies have shown alot of play making ability

Childress is going to do what Childress is going to do. And even though it's true, I really don't think he cares whether or not Jason Carter has caught more practice balls from TJ or not. Marcus Robinson seemed to be Brad Johnson's favored WR throughout the season when he has rarely played and he wasn't even active again yesterday (for whatever reason...he was listed as probable on the injury report). During the game yesterday I saw Marcus on the sidelines in street clothes chatting with Jason Carter. For some reason I believe Childress thinks that is where they both belong right now. And not to purposely draw the ire of some who disagree with Childress's every move, but I trust he knows what he is doing and will leave it at that.
    Even babies know the difference.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"spikecyrus" wrote:
    T.jack has stated hes most comfortable with J.C. he sure put on a show in preseason. this year alot of rookies have shown alot of play making ability

Against 3rd string CB's and guys that are now playing in the arena league or not playing football anymore, there is a huge difference between preseason and the last 2 games of the regular season.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "spikecyrus" wrote:

Against 3rd string CB's and guys that are now playing in the arena league or not playing football anymore, there is a huge difference between preseason and the last 2 games of the regular season.
    didn't you sat that about T-Jack too? And before you start saying "it was ONE quarter.
    You don't know what he'll be like for a whole game."
    TJ proved he had the capabilities to show great poise and make big plays, whereas BJ has not. Just b/c BJ has more experienece does NOT guarantee he's a better player and the same goes for JCar. He may not have the experience, but that doesn't automatically mean he can't make plays. Has he proved he can in the league, not yet, but we should give him a shot. I'm tired of all these ppl saying "they don't have any experience" or the 2nd/3rd stringers thing. They have to play in the big league some time and why not now? and just b/c they haven't yet doesn't mean they can't be good. so get off the negativity train, and support our rooks gettin experience
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Del Rio Guest

"Braddock" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "spikecyrus" wrote:

didn't you sat that about T-Jack too? And before you start saying "it was ONE quarter.
    TJ proved he had the capabilities to show great poise and make big plays, whereas BJ has not. Just b/c BJ has more experienece does NOT guarantee he's a better player and the same goes for JCar. He may not have the experience, but that doesn't automatically mean he can't make plays. Has he proved he can in the league, not yet, but we should give him a shot. I'm tired of all these ppl saying "they don't have any experience" or the 2nd/3rd stringers thing. They have to play in the big league some time and why not now? and just b/c they haven't yet doesn't mean they can't be good. so get off the negativity train, and support our rooks gettin experience
    TJ hasn't shown pooh. He's done great and made mistakes as well. He needs to play a few WHOLE games before you try and pin that on someone.

Otherwise all you're saying is HEY WASN"T IT YOU THAT SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT TJ!!!?? And look he has come in and played a few minutes, managed 2 turnovers, some great plays, some 3rd and outs, some incompletions............

I mean do you really have enough to pull the hey wasn't it you who said he was no good, we haven't even seen him play a game yet?

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "spikecyrus" wrote:

thats why the time is now to see what he can do during the legenth of the game. better now to see what we have before free agency for the following year.

"Braddock" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "spikecyrus" wrote:

I don't want to see Carter on the field and I don't care how long he has been on the team, and it is because he isn't that fast and he isn't that tall and I don't think he is ever going to be an NFL starting WR that is why I don't want him on the field!

I said in the preseason that T-jack looked good and had a hell of an arm, and I said that he will need time to develop and he will!

Let's see a year from now what you I want the quick fix guys are saying
    because you will want a different QB next year half way through the season because T-Jack is going to have growing pains and you have to live through them.

But some people that want him now will want somebody else then, and I hope that Childress sticks with him because 2 years from now we will have the great QB we want but will have paid a price to get there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast