Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Start eating crow boys!

"Acumen" wrote:
    Go ahead and find the post.
    I guarantee that what I said was I said I would listent to coaches that have over 100 yrs of professional coaching experience over a fan that thinks he knows better, 100% of the time.
    I still stand 100% behind that comment.
    He is in, it wasn't some 12 yr olds decision.
    I am happy.
    If you're going to call me out then come up with a specific example that is in context.
    I am happy he is in.
    You know I like you Acumen but I found some.

Coj, I don't know how many are really changing their tune.
    I was saying give BJ a raise from the beginning because he was making a beggar's salary as a starting QB.
    I'm still on the same page regarding BJ, he's the best option at QB given that Bollinger is, well, Bollinger, and Tarvaris is not ready yet.

I agree with your analysis Del, it happens all the time in sports where some minor tweak is just enough to give the team the spark and confidence that it needs.
    I won't be running out to get a Bollinger jersey if he does start, just like I wasn't standing in line to get a BJ jersey (although I did buy a used Tarvaris jock strap on e-bay so I could see if the sniffing is as great as some say it is).
    Freya says: Well? Inquiring minds want to know.........................

Not sure, it is somewhat entertaining...but I'm having a tough time deciding how this relates to how he plays on the field.
    It is easy to do though, not even scratch 'n sniff...just straight up sniffing.
    The difference between the Rodgers crowd and the Tarvaris crowd is that Rodgers should be ready to be given a shot so the Cheeseheads can decide which way to go in the future.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"Caine" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    There has never been a person on this site that I've seen that has not wanted to see Tarvaris Jackson play.
    The disagreement has always been when he should play.
    He's in, everyone is happy, it is time for another piece of the puzzle to come together.
    LOL WHATEVER! Every time i say anything about Jackson playing there's 4 or 5 old-timers (including you) that come on and say 'thats a bad idea, he wont be any better than johnson. fact is, johnson gives us the best chance to win...blah blah blah"

All I got to say is EAT IT...Jackson came in and gave us a shot to win...woulda been nice to have that all season!
    I guarantee that what I said was I said I would listent to coaches that have over 100 yrs of professional coaching experience over a fan that thinks he knows better, 100% of the time.
    I am happy.
    If you're going to call me out then come up with a specific example that is in context.
    I am happy he is in.
    Go ahead and quote me as well, Audioghost.
    I'm sure you won't have much difficulty in finding posts where I stated that Tarvaris wasn't ready...just look for anything written 2 weeks ago or sooner.

And, I stand by what I said.
    Had Brad Johnson played the way he did versus Detroit....well....he actually did.
    Better still, had our running game been able to move the ball effectively, we MIGHT have had a fighting chance.
    Had our Defense been able to stop just ONE drive prior to the end of the 3rd quarter, we wouldn't have watched the Jets run away with the game and abandoned the run.

So, Tarvaris gets put in when the game is ALMOST out of reach...and I was glad to see it happen because Brad Johnson DOES suck.
    But, Jackson's TD pass was ALL Mewelde Moore.
    Anyone who says otherwise is watching the game via stat-tracker.
    Jackson's INT was forgivable, but he didn't need to make THAT throw.

I figure that he'll play out the season - while we're not mathematically eliminated, emotionally we are with Brad Johnson at QB.

But, I stand by everything I posted previously.
    If Travaris starts versus Green Bay, he will finally be facing a team that has prepared for him.
    By the time we face St. Louis, there will be some reliable game tape on him as well.
    Sure, he motivated the offense (too bad he couldn't motivate Williamson to hang on to a couple of passes), but ANYONE put in at that point would have.
    We could have put Rosenthal in at QB and the team would have fired up.

So, if you want to act like a pecker with all this "Eat it" BS, you'd probably be better served to go back and READ the posts defending the idea of NOT starting Tarvaris at the time you and the others started calling for him.
    Then, if you want to play, feel free to site specific examples of where we were wrong in our assessments at the time they were made.

Keep in mind, also, that if you use the "I told you so" proof method, the standard counter to that is to point out that no one knows what MIGHT have happened had Tarvaris started.
    He may have won...but he may have been destroyed as well.
    So, stick to proofs that apply at the time the statements were made...and be specific.

I await your response, sir.

Caine
    Look guys, i have taken crap along with the rest of the guys who said Jackson should start FOR HALF A SEASON! Everyone was so in love w/ BJ cuz he is "such a good game manager"
    and he gives us "the best chance of winning". Jackson comes in for a portion of a quarter and if twice as effective.

I've been saying for a while that Johnson has been holding us back and I have taken Sh!t from all you guys...NOW ITS MY TURN.

U could have been nice, u could have said "thats your opinion, mine is to stick w/ Johnson"...but NO you said "THATS STUPID, he's not ready...bashed me ...blah blah blah!"

But no, you bashed me and others who said it...and not just you Caine...and maybe not even you, but there are Johnson supporters who have did this and to them I say

GET OFF JOHNSONS **** AND EAT CROW cuz TJacks the real deal baby!

Just wait...we will win out

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    TJ looked so good and so poised on the field... he mad great read and picked apart a defense that knew we were gunna do nothing but pass.
    He did force that one ball for a pick, but that was just a heck of a play by the DB and he had to take a shot with the amount of time left.

* I am going to the game next week in PACKER LAND.
    I said I had to make it to see Lambeau once while Farve was still ALIVE... but I can not wait now because even though we should not even be thinking playoffs we are still in it.
    But I am looking more forward to a changin of the guard for both teams with JACKSON'S FIRST START, and Possibly FARVE'S LAST HOME GAME.

ROOKIE: show the pack what they have to look forward to from you and the future of Vikings football baby!
    that would be poetic..

and it would make for a good story at the start of a little report on TJack after we win the SB in a few years.. lol, i dunot know..

but TJack did look to have a nice balance: taking his shots down the field, throwing it smartly to an open receiver, making the quick play (dump offs to the RB), and RUNNING (4th down conversion, i called it at my house!)

i'm not watching for playoffs anymore, even though it would be nice.. i'm watching for TJack!!!
    i m better than you, so just give up...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

You guys are anointing this guy pretty soon don't you think.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:
    Imagine next year if T-Jack has Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett to throw to...

Or even dare I say it - Randy Moss

Or how about Larry Fitzgerald? He is from Minnesota, and he is a FA after this year.. Rumor also has it that the Vikes are serious about going after him..

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Acumen is just saying that if the coaches thought TJack was ready, then he would play.
    He wasn't saying "Keep TJack out because I love Brad."

Everyone here is excited about Jackson and it is sad that people are trying to make themselves sound smart because they "called for it first".

In that case, I will say bench Tarvaris!
    In 8 years if he is having a hard time, I will pull up this post and tell people that I saw it coming.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    I am happy.
    I am happy he is in.
    You know I like you Acumen but I found some.

Coj, I don't know how many are really changing their tune.
    I was saying give BJ a raise from the beginning because he was making a beggar's salary as a starting QB.
    I'm still on the same page regarding BJ, he's the best option at QB given that Bollinger is, well, Bollinger, and Tarvaris is not ready yet.

I agree with your analysis Del, it happens all the time in sports where some minor tweak is just enough to give the team the spark and confidence that it needs.
    I won't be running out to get a Bollinger jersey if he does start, just like I wasn't standing in line to get a BJ jersey (although I did buy a used Tarvaris jock strap on e-bay so I could see if the sniffing is as great as some say it is).
    Freya says: Well? Inquiring minds want to know.........................

Not sure, it is somewhat entertaining...but I'm having a tough time deciding how this relates to how he plays on the field.
    It is easy to do though, not even scratch 'n sniff...just straight up sniffing.
    The difference between the Rodgers crowd and the Tarvaris crowd is that Rodgers should be ready to be given a shot so the Cheeseheads can decide which way to go in the future.
    Hahahahaha.....nice.

Talk is cheap man....looks like it related to playing on the field this game! Finally Jackson gets a chance and MAKES DUE!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    Imagine next year if T-Jack has Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett to throw to...

Or even dare I say it - Randy Moss

Or how about Larry Fitzgerald? He is from Minnesota, and he is a FA after this year.. Rumor also has it that the Vikes are serious about going after him..
    We won't be drafting high enough to get Johnson or Jarrett, but it would be nice to go after Fitzgerald in the draft.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"Bdubya" wrote:
    Acumen is just saying that if the coaches thought TJack was ready, then he would play.
    He wasn't saying "Keep TJack out because I love Brad."

Everyone here is excited about Jackson and it is sad that people are trying to make themselves sound smart because they "called for it first".

In that case, I will say bench Tarvaris!
    In 8 years if he is having a hard time, I will pull up this post and tell people that I saw it coming.
    Im not trying to look smart...I'm just happy that we finally played Jackson and I am rubbing it in to all the a-holes who called me an idiot 4 weeks ago.

More about defending myself than anything...

Those of u who bashed us for wanting him to play did this....you can thank yourselves!

U DESERVE THIS

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"audioghost" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    There has never been a person on this site that I've seen that has not wanted to see Tarvaris Jackson play.
    The disagreement has always been when he should play.
    He's in, everyone is happy, it is time for another piece of the puzzle to come together.
    LOL WHATEVER! Every time i say anything about Jackson playing there's 4 or 5 old-timers (including you) that come on and say 'thats a bad idea, he wont be any better than johnson. fact is, johnson gives us the best chance to win...blah blah blah"

All I got to say is EAT IT...Jackson came in and gave us a shot to win...woulda been nice to have that all season!
    I am happy.
    I am happy he is in.
    Go ahead and quote me as well, Audioghost.
    I'm sure you won't have much difficulty in finding posts where I stated that Tarvaris wasn't ready...just look for anything written 2 weeks ago or sooner.

And, I stand by what I said.
    Had Brad Johnson played the way he did versus Detroit....well....he actually did.
    Better still, had our running game been able to move the ball effectively, we MIGHT have had a fighting chance.
    Had our Defense been able to stop just ONE drive prior to the end of the 3rd quarter, we wouldn't have watched the Jets run away with the game and abandoned the run.

So, Tarvaris gets put in when the game is ALMOST out of reach...and I was glad to see it happen because Brad Johnson DOES suck.
    But, Jackson's TD pass was ALL Mewelde Moore.
    Anyone who says otherwise is watching the game via stat-tracker.
    Jackson's INT was forgivable, but he didn't need to make THAT throw.

I figure that he'll play out the season - while we're not mathematically eliminated, emotionally we are with Brad Johnson at QB.

But, I stand by everything I posted previously.
    If Travaris starts versus Green Bay, he will finally be facing a team that has prepared for him.
    By the time we face St. Louis, there will be some reliable game tape on him as well.
    Sure, he motivated the offense (too bad he couldn't motivate Williamson to hang on to a couple of passes), but ANYONE put in at that point would have.
    We could have put Rosenthal in at QB and the team would have fired up.

So, if you want to act like a pecker with all this "Eat it" BS, you'd probably be better served to go back and READ the posts defending the idea of NOT starting Tarvaris at the time you and the others started calling for him.
    Then, if you want to play, feel free to site specific examples of where we were wrong in our assessments at the time they were made.

Keep in mind, also, that if you use the "I told you so" proof method, the standard counter to that is to point out that no one knows what MIGHT have happened had Tarvaris started.
    He may have won...but he may have been destroyed as well.
    So, stick to proofs that apply at the time the statements were made...and be specific.

I await your response, sir.

Caine
    Look guys, i have taken crap along with the rest of the guys who said Jackson should start FOR HALF A SEASON! Everyone was so in love w/ BJ cuz he is "such a good game manager"
    and he gives us "the best chance of winning". Jackson comes in for a portion of a quarter and if twice as effective.

I've been saying for a while that Johnson has been holding us back and I have taken
    ***I should not evade the word censor*** from all you guys...NOW ITS MY TURN.

U could have been nice, u could have said "thats your opinion, mine is to stick w/ Johnson"...but NO you said "THATS STUPID, he's not ready...bashed me ...blah blah blah!"

But no, you bashed me and others who said it...and not just you Caine...and maybe not even you, but there are Johnson supporters who have did this and to them I say

GET OFF JOHNSONS **** AND EAT CROW cuz TJacks the real deal baby!

Just wait...we will win out
    you forgot the big one....he is recovering from having his knee scoped

Tjack was the backup until he was hurt, he was inactive for what 2 games

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast