Stanford Routt clears waivers

Are the Vikes so loaded with cornerbacks that this guy isnt worth bringing in? He is young and has been a starter....so there is at least some upside to this guy. Is anyone in Minny hearing any rumors about this guy?
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I am not surprised that nobody picked him up off from waivers - he had a pretty big contract with KC. And I wouldn't call him young - he is 30.

Still, he MIGHT be worth at least taking a look at. The problem is we would have to create a roster spot for him when Cook comes back from IR. With Sherels our punt return guy, we would have to bump Burton or Jefferson for him. I am not convinced that he is better than Jefferson, but maybe Burton.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I doubt cook gets back by the end of the year and even if he could we need to look at replacing him if possible rather than sucking at the position and praying he makes a difference when he returns.

ok....its a smart ass reply, but what about Carlsons roster spot. What has he contributed this year....5, maybe 6 plays! Talk about a dud. I find it hard to believe that Shank wouldnt have out performed THOSE numbers.....and at a much cheaper price tag.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Before fans get all gung-ho about bringing this guy in, I have to wonder, if he's that good, why was he cut in the first place?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Before fans get all gung-ho about bringing this guy in, I have to wonder, if he's that good, why was he cut in the first place?
    Rebuilding franchise needs to clear house and restart. They can't afford the contract Routt had.