singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Stadium will be surrounded by parking lots

Vikings stadium will be surrounded by ... parking lots

For now, new Vikings stadium will be surrounded by ... parking lots | MinnPost

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well of course... because that is what is there now. I wish they were more concentrated though, to make for a better tailgating experience.

Sounds like this guy is advocating more urban development in the neighborhood, which he also lives in. I can understand that, and we shouldn't kid ourselves into thinking that the stadium is going to spur development in the area. not by itself at least. I like the Wells Fargo idea that he mentioned, that is the first I had heard of it.

Regardless of what happens, the parking lots are a necessity - not just for the stadium, but also for the surrounding businesses. Perhaps concentrating the lots into the blocks immediately surrounding the new stadium would open the remaining acreage up for development while maintaining a stadium environment at the same time. That, however, would take even more money than the stadium itself costs, and I don't see any developers lining up to invest that much money in the largest city of a nearly bankrupt state. Sad, but true.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Stadium will be surrounded by parking lots

I am sure they have it all thought out and have a great plan to make it happen.