Re: Stadium updates - including next to Twin's stadium

Sid Hartman: Vikings' tax contribution would be significant loss

http://www.startribune.com/sports/121360029.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Exclusive: Minnesota Vikings 'very, very close' to Arden Hills stadium deal

http://www.twincities.com/ci_18003590?nclick_check=1

The Minnesota Vikings are "very, very close" to reaching an agreement with Ramsey County to build a stadium in Arden Hills, a Ramsey County commissioner involved in negotiations told the Pioneer Press on Thursday...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096491

The Minnesota Vikings are "very, very close" to reaching an agreement with Ramsey County to build a stadium in Arden Hills, a Ramsey County commissioner involved in negotiations told the Pioneer Press on Thursday...

Better than the metrodump site by a long shot.

Anything they can do to get it out that the cesspool are they play in now is a positive sign.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096494

Anything they can do to get it out that the cesspool are they play in now is a positive sign.
    What I'd love to see is just a real, wide open stadium site

Current site: Immediate parking is for staff/players, surrounding parking sucks, one way streets and a bottleneck to get on the interstate makes this place a pain in the ass after a game.

Ralph Wilson Stadium. Wide open, huge parking, easy in and out.

Meadowlands stadium, much the same as Ralph Wilson

Lambeau Field:

Blog Entries

Lester Bagley was just on KFAN talking about the Anoka site and eluded to it possibly getting done today.

The current Metrodump site sucks for the reasons IBP stated above.

Parking is a clusterf%^k, You end up having to park blocks away, bundle up when it is cold, then get into the climate controlled dump and have no place to put your cold weather clothes once inside which is why an open air gig would be better. The Anoka site is much better for a stadium although I would prefer a site in the south metro like Skakopee.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096512
    Lester Bagley was just on KFAN talking about the Anoka site and eluded to it possibly getting done today.

Parking is a clusterf%^k, You end up having to park blocks away, bundle up when it is cold, then get into the climate controlled dump and have no place to put your cold weather clothes once inside which is why an open air gig would be better. The Anoka site is much better for a stadium although I would prefer a site in the south metro like Skakopee.
    Anoka site? Do you mean Arden Hills? The Anoka plan was killed years ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096585
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096512

Anoka site? Do you mean Arden Hills? The Anoka plan was killed years ago.
    Yes.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096500

Current site: Immediate parking is for staff/players, surrounding parking sucks, one way streets and a bottleneck to get on the interstate makes this place a pain in the ass after a game.

It is a fucking nightmare getting out of the Meadowlands after a game. It's a 40 minute drive from my house. When I went to the Giants-Steelers preseason game this summer it took me almost two hours to get home. You're dealing with I95 in the most densely populated area of the country immediately upon leaving the stadium, and that's pretty much the only way out. Unless you're one of the 54 people who live in Northwest NJ, you're stuck in traffic for a while before hitting the open road. And you can't even say "damn, this road is a parking lot."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1096628

It is a fucking nightmare getting out of the Meadowlands after a game. It's a 40 minute drive from my house. When I went to the Giants-Steelers preseason game this summer it took me almost two hours to get home. You're dealing with I95 in the most densely populated area of the country immediately upon leaving the stadium, and that's pretty much the only way out. Unless you're one of the 54 people who live in Northwest NJ, you're stuck in traffic for a while before hitting the open road. And you can't even say "damn, this road is a parking lot."
    Thank god I don't have to deal with that. There is something about the rat in a cage lifestyle that never really sat well with me.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096629
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1096628

Thank god I don't have to deal with that. There is something about the rat in a cage lifestyle that never really sat well with me.
    It's beautiful where I live, but the stadium is just a few miles from New York. NYC, Jersey City, Newark, Hoboken, Elizabeth, Union City, and others are all within a 10-15 mile radius of each other and there's probably about 8 million people living in that area alone. I live another 15 miles or so southwest of all of that. I'm proud to say that the satellite image from google maps shows my, and surrounding towns as green lol. It's not too bad going that way when it's not rush hour, but when it is, you might as well just wait it out wherever you're at, being a bit later is worth the frustration saved IMO.

My dad commutes through it every day, I don't know how he does it.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast